StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue}

+5
Inion
Gwendolan
Employees of the Goddess
RusDring
Venis Jordianthan
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 Empty Re: The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue}

Post by Unicorns Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:55 pm

Rapture's head popped up from the grass snacking just a split second before Empyrean's. But they were both quick to move back to the dirt road to resume their trip. They stood ready to be mounted as the bipeds packed up to go.

One Gwendolan and Inion were back in the saddles safe and sound, the unicorns would take off again. And they were back up to full speed in a matter of feet. So it only took another three hours and fifteen minutes to get to the drawbridge.

Once there, the pair would stop. There had been a call box installed since Gwendolan's last visit. It worked simple enough. You picked up the receiver, placed it to your ear, and hit the button in the box. The would ring the gate room. Where the person on duty would pick up their end and the two would have a conversation like if they were on the phone.

So while the ladies dealt with the call box and the person in the gate room, the unicorns waited patiently. Not like they had anything else to do.

Unicorns

Back to top Go down

The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue} - Page 3 Empty Re: The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue}

Post by Casandra Lightheart Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:11 am

(Full post here )

Kjay was following so close he almost tripped Cas a couple times. He growled a bit in irritation.

"Calm down Kjay no one is going to leave you behind.”

She scratched him behind his ear.

"I promise.”

She went into Rider’s stall and greeted him as she saddled him up. It was going to be a long ride and it was still going to be after dawn when she got to the Keep and almost nightfall when she got to the castle. She mounted Rider and headed back towards the cottage. From there she would go through the first of several portals to the Keep.

Casandra came through the first portal and was at Claremount. She would normally have gone to the barn. Today she road into the fields off to right side of Claremount. That was where she would find the second portal.
Three portals later Casandra was just one mile away from the gate of the keep. Kjay was easily keeping up. He was not exactly what he appeared to be. She reached the gate about an hour after dawn. Cas pulled up short of the gate. They were still closed so she waited.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:40 am

Has it been said before that gate keepers at Le loup est protégé Conserver were almost always empaths? Was it made obvious earlier when Lady Inion and Miss Gwendolan came through that Amanda was an empath as well? Well, if it wasn't obvious before, it will be now.

Thank the God's for humans and their emotions being shown on their sleeves. Amanda knew who Lady Casandra was, and the moment Wind Rider stepped free of the portal, Amanda felt everything Lady Casandra felt. A wave of emotions washed over her head and drowned her.

Grabbing her head, Amanda jumped up from her seat and moved to the window. "Lady Casandra, please, fo' the love o' the God's, calm yourself lass. There be no reason fer so much angst. I be lettin ya in. It not be me you be answerin to once ye be inside." She wanted it to stop.

She knew Lady Casandra was a little upset with them for not telling her what was going on. "We woulda told ya somethin, but her wrath be worse than yers. I know ye be understandin that. She said no talkin, no visiters, we do as we're told. Well, mostly." The gates were opening.

Amanda looked down at Kjay, he seemed just as anxious and upset as Lady Casandra. "She be gettin a lil peeved at us fer the visiters, but we been turnin plenty away. Just some be gettin through. Like you. I ain't gunna be the one who didn't let ye through. 'Ello Kjay old chap."

The gates were taking a while to open, they were heavy. She yelled out another window. "Ready Stary eyed fer Lady Casandra. An get a bowl a water fer Kjay. Move it. She be in a hurry." She moved back to the first window. "We be takin good care o Wind Rider fer ya ma'am."

She ushered them through the gates. There was no reason to delay them any more. Once inside, Lady Casandra would find Stary eyed ready to go. She was so named because she was jet black, save for a white spot that looked like a star, right between her deep, dark eyes.

There was also a fresh bowl of cold water set out for Kjay. There was still some ice floating in it, and the attendant was pouring another bottle of water in it to top it off. Kjay, spoiled? No, never. Stary eyed was ready to run, she could get there in about eleven hours.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:12 am

Inion climbed out of the saddle again as the reached the gate. This time she was use to the effect of the speed they were traveling had on her and she was much more stable on her feet. She gave Empyeran a good sratch on his neck as she walked over to the call and picked up the phone then waited for it to be answered.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Mon May 02, 2011 12:16 am

Cas knew who was at the gate before she ever saw her. It brought a smirk to her face. Amanda was one of the few people who had been with Casandra before working for Venis. Her empathic abilities made her a huge asset to the keep. Cas had been sad to see her go because she was great with the horses; but she knew Venis needed her more.

"I'm trying to calm down Amanda; just get the gates open so I can be on my way."

The gates took a while to open and Kjay barked at Amanda when she said his name he went through the gate as soon was enough room for him to squeeze through. Rider was perfectly still through all of this. He was calm even though Cas was not. She had trained him very well.

Cas heard her yell to ready Stary Eyed. She was one of the faster horses in V's stables. She was not as fast as Rider but she had more endurance to keep the speed up. The gates were opening wider and Cas road through.

"I understand; but someone still should have told me. She is my best friend and I need to be with her."

She slid off Rider and handed his reigns to a stable hand as she patted him on the nose.

"I'll be back soon behave yourself."

She removed the saddle bags from behind Riders saddle and put them on Stary Eyed as she was brought out. She swung herself up into the saddle and called Kjay.

He reluctantly stopped drinking out of the bowl and walked over to Stary Eyed. He whimpered at Cas.

"I know boy keep up anyway you can."

She was giving him permission to change if he had too.

"Thank you Amanda. Call the Peters' family and let them know to expect me in about six hours."

She than pointed Stary Eyed towards the main road and the castle and urged her into a run. The Peters' family had a house just off the main road about a mile past the half way point. Mr Peters was a vet; he always had a few animals in the yard. He would be able to offer water and a place to rest for a couple hours before they all moved on.

Kjay started off after them. He began to change mid stride. What people might think they were seeing was a dire wolf trying to take down a horse and rider. The reality was it was the only way Kjay would be able to keep up with Stary Eyed for the length of time they would be riding.

Last edited by Casandra Lightheart on Thu May 05, 2011 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu May 05, 2011 1:53 am

When they finally arrived at the castle Gwen was tired and a bit sore. She slid off Rapture slowly and looked around. She was used to the speed of the unicorns; the only recovery she needed right now was from being in the saddle for several hours.

She saw the box and shook her head. Was she seeing things? Was that one of those magic talking boxes? Why was it out here? She had seen them in the Inn she had seen the small one Manny carried in his pocket. This one was outside. She was very confused.

She was about to ask Inion what it was when she saw her go over to it and pick it up and began talking into it. She would ask later now she would wait and see what happened.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Mon May 09, 2011 12:50 am

Lady Casandra's request was immediately carried out. Amanda called over to the Peters' place. "Doc Peters? Aye, Lady Casandra'll be comin by yer place in 'bout six hours. She be ridin Stary Eyed an be needin water fer Kjay too. Brilliant, good day." She hung up and started to close the gate.

Out at the Castle, Lady Inion and Lady Gwendolan were at the call box. Lady Inion had picked up the receiver and so it was ringing in the gate room. When the other end of the line was picked up, the voice that spoke through might sound extremely familiar to Lady Inion. Like she'd just heard it.

Blonde locks of hair were moved aside so she could better hear. "Sorry, the dinnin room be full fer lunch t'day. Iffin ya be needin' somethin' special I'll pass along the message t' cook. Otherwise, lunch'll be bein delivered here shortly." Of course, she couldn't see who was out there at the moment.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Mon May 09, 2011 10:43 pm

A thought frown crossed Inion's face as she listened to the voice on the other end of the phone. She shook it her head gave a quick quizical look and a shrug. "Good afternoon I am actually not inquiring about lunch. We are here to see the Lady Venis. I understand that she isn't taking visitors but could someone tell her that Inion and Gwendolan wish to see her please." She waited for an answer.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Sun May 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Cas was riding Stary Eyed hard. They arrived thirty minutes before schedule. She was letting her take her own normal pace till she had seen the sink hole and the burned out barn. She rode up into the yard. Kjay was having trouble keeping up even in his larger form. He was changing to his normal form as he ran into the yard. He didn't want to scare anyone. Cas was sliding out of the saddle almost before Stary Eyed had stopped.

Mrs. Peters had heard the sounds of the hooves as Lady Casandra had come riding up. Who else could it be at that speed? So she had the front door open and her eldest son, Jermiah, was outside waiting for the reins of Starry Eyed. "Come on in Lady Casandra. John is inside." She stepped back to let them enter. "Hello Kjay." Once they got inside, Kjay would find a big bowl of iced bottled water in the kitchen floor and a plate with a raw steak upon it sitting beside the water. On the dining room table was lunch. The younger two children, Diana and Dina, were already washed up and sitting there waiting.

John was coming out of the bathroom drying his hands with a paper towel. "Hello Lady Casandra. Please, join us." He motioned to the table before throwing away the paper towel. He pulled out two of the empty chairs, one for Lady Casandra and one for his wife Cali. Then he took his seat. There was one more place set, for Jermiah.

Cas handed the reins to Jermiah and smiled at him.

"Thank you; take good care of her for me."

She looked up at Cali and nodded. She headed into the house. After this she would have another six hours ride ahead of her. Kjay barked and waged his tail at Cali and walked right to the kitchen and drank down the iced water in the bowl. Cas smiled at the younger children and resisted the urge to ruffle their hair. Cas smiled at John.

"Thank you for having me."

She turned to Cali.

"Do you mind if I use the wash room before we eat?"

Cali shook her head. "No, please, be our guest. It's down the hall, in case you've forgotten." John would wait until she returned to talk with her.

Diana saw how quickly Kjay was drinking and she rose from the table. "Excuse me." She went into the kitchen and pulled out two more bottles of water from the fridge. She broke the seals and opened them. Then she added them to his water bowl. "Not too fast boy, you don't want it to come right back up." She knew he would understand. She was good with animals like her father.

Cali moved to the kitchen sink and washed her hands there. Then she moved to sit at the table just as Diana was returning.

Cas remembered but she was not going to just walk go without asking. It was polite. She nodded and headed to the washroom. She took a few minutes to wash up and straighten her hair. Kjay licked Diana's hand and began to eat the raw steak. He would slow down with the water. Cas soon came back from cleaning up and sat down at the table.

"Cali what wonderful things did you make for us to eat today?"

Kjay was stretched out on the floor now panting with his eyes half closed.

Diana had rewashed her hands before she returned to the table, but not because she didn't love Kjay's kisses, only because she was not allowed to sit at the table with dirty hands.

Cali smiled at Lady Casandra and lifted a lid on a pot."Homemade beef stew, light on the vegetables, fresh baked bread rolls and for dessert, a gelatin parfait. I hope you like it." There were potatoes in the stew, and some carrots and celery, but not so many that they couldn't be picked out. And there was a whole lot of beef in it.

Jermiah came in from tending to Stary Eyed and washed up in the kitchen. Then he joined the family at the table. "She's all taken care of Lady Casandra."

John held out his hands to either side, palms up. They were a catholic family. So they prayed before each meal. "You don't have to join us in prayer if you don't wish to Lady Casandra; we don't force our religion on anyone in this house." He waited until everyone had joined hands, Lady Casandra as well so the circle would be unbroken. But if she chose to not bow her head and close her eyes, John would be fine with that.

She nodded she knew she smelled meat.

"That sounds wonderful Cali."

She turned as Jermiah came in.

"Thank you; I am sure she's fine."

Cas was not a very religious person but she respected the host's religion. When John held out his hands she took the hands on either side of her and bowed her head. She would pray with them.

John smiled as they all joined hands and bowed their heads. Once the eyes were all closed he began. "Lord bless this food we are about to receive and the hands that prepared it. Bless our family and friends be they near or far. We thank you dear lord for bringing such blessings into our lives and wish only to be found worthy of such. We praise you oh lord and feel blessed to bathe in your love. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen." He released the hands on either side of him and raised his head. "Let us eat this wonderful meal Cali has set before us." He lifted his bowl so he could get some stew. "So what brings you out our way in such a rush today Lady Casandra?" He smiled as he set his bowl down before himself and reached for a roll.

Cas released hands as well.

"Amen"

She was familiar with the tradition. Some of the people at Claremount prayed as well before eating. She held out her bowl to get some of the stew. She took a roll as well and sat back.

"Something is wrong with Venis."

She saw no reason to pull punches.

"Whatever it is she thinks she needs to protect me because even my own boyfriend and Manny didn't tell me something was up."

She looked at the children. How much was she safe saying with them there? She took a bite of her stew and waited for the reaction.

The children were old enough. Jermiah even knew the kids who were responsible for burning down the barn. And they had all rushed to help with the animals that were injured as a result, not just Doc Peters. John nodded. "Yes, she has been very distraught. First the barn, there was life lost with that mess. Then the sink hole. There was construction crew in those catacombs when it collapsed. And ..." He looked to Cali before finishing. "It's hard to tell from the main road, but, well. One of the two houses that fell in ..." He looked back to Lady Casandra. "Cas." This was serious if he addressed her in such a way. "It was Lady Kyra's house." There was a deafening silence at the table as they awaited her response to the news. They knew Lady Casandra would at least know of Lady Venis' Granddaughter if not know her personally.

She knew her personally. Maybe not well but she did know her. She heard the rest and tried to find a way to calm herself. There was a lot more Ivan and Manny had neglected to tell her. She was not going to take it out on John and his family.

"If Venis has been so distracted and Manny is not here have preparations been made and carried out? Is their need for someone to officiate the funeral?"

She knew that Venis would feel the death in a very personal very painful way. Kjay was eating again and listening to the conversation. He could tell Cas was tense. Cas was eating more of the stew. It was delicious.

John shook his head. "The animals have been buried. The man who died in the barn will be laid to rest tomorrow. His family is having the reverend from the Church of the Protective Flame officiate. I don't know if she will show." He dipped some of his bread in his stew and took a bite. He was trying to eat and talk so his food wouldn't get cold. "The male who died in the collapse of the catacombs was Baptist, so someone will be coming in from his church to deal with that. And the female, well, those beings have their own ways of dealing with deaths. I serve only as their physician; I don't know much else about them." The Peters family was not snobbish like some Catholics, but they did keep their distance from beings that were not humans, for the most part, socially at least. There was business to be conducted, and that always lead to interaction. But other beings were never asked to join them for social things such as dinner parties and such. They were always respectful, and acknowledged them. But that was it.

Cas nodded her head. She was glad to hear that the people that had died were being properly cared for. More than one would have meant that V was really taking thing hard. When she heard about the catacombs collapsing she looked at them all.

"Is Isah ok?"

The catacombs were being redone so that they were connected to the ones at Claremount. The dead and injured were partly her responsibility. That worried her. Well it would be part of the reason V didn't want her told.

John nodded. "Isah is fine given the circumstances. They can't seem to raise Lady Kyra on the phone so he has sent two messengers in search of her. Lady Venis refuses to invade her Granddaughters mind to find her, even now." And from what was spreading around the keep already, Venis was taking it extremely hard. Especially given the collapse had been the day before and the barn the night before that.

"I am pretty sure that Kyra is at Darkmane. I hear there is reason for celebration there."

She would leave it at that. She was torn. The celebration was at the expense of a good friend. However the Darkmane's were like family. She was trying to find a way to stay neutral.

Cali shook her head. "Kyra wasn't there. I called out there myself. They said she had gone for a ride some days ago and they knew not where she was."

John shook his head too. Jermiah joined the conversation before John could speak. "If you ask me, which I know that no one did, but still. If you ask me, I think that if Lady Kyra were to be hurt or worse, Heaven forbid, then I believe that Lady Venis would feel that stronger than any other pain she had ever felt. After all, Lady Kyra is of her blood, right?"

John nodded. "I agree." He looked to Lady Casandra to see if she too agreed.

Cas looked at the two men at the table and smiled as she nodded.

"I agree."

She sighed.

"Enough of all the sad talk. Did you hear Manny is getting married?"

She was not sure that they had been told or not.

"She is a very sweet elf. I believe she loves nature and animals even more than you do."

John chuckled. "Yes, we had heard rumor, but it seems that invitations have not been sent as of yet. Something about they were waiting to pick a definite date?" He knew that this too had to do with Venis and the problems within the Keep. But he did not want to dwell on that any longer either. "I hear it is to be out doors at the castle. I have been asked to find some animals that are not usually residents here to add to the ceremony." A special request phoned in from Manny.

She smiled and shook her head.

"Would you believe that Manny looks like a teenager when he is with Gwendolan? She is a beautiful woman believe it or not she is tied in with Eros. She is the mother of his daughter Emilia."

That made her think of Iluvenis she frowned a moment.

John was not a big fan of Eros, and not only because he was Catholic. John had an older daughter, Jessica, and she was just old enough and beautiful enough to catch Eros' eye if the chance arose. And John most definitely did not want that. And Jessica lived within the Keep with two roommates at a house down the road. "I pity the poor woman to have fallen prey to that man." Being Catholic, he saw Eros as a man because he used a physical body, and he wasn't God.

Cas laughed at comment.

"I might have felt sorry for her a year ago but not now. Some of Manny has rubbed off on her. I think I would pity Eros. He is probably the one thing that Gwendolan hates."

They talked more while they finished eating and then Cas rose to take her leave.

"I have to get to the castle before dark. Thank you again for always taking care of me when I visit the castle."

She meant it the Peters were a very sweet family. Kjay drank up some more water and then was right beside Cas.

They all rose from the table and Cali went to the fridge to get out a paper sack. "Here is some snack for you, if you find the time or the need to partake of it. Some fruit and some crackers and things. And a bowl of meat for Kjay. It's chopped up and the bowl can be thrown out or given to the kitchen at the castle. Safe trip, and good luck. I heard her scream earlier today when I was down that way."

John shook her hand and the kids each hugged her, as did Cali. And they all petted Kjay and the kids even hugged him.

Jermiah walked her out to Stary Eyed. "Lady Casandra, please let us know if she is ok and if there's anything we can do to help. I ... I was supposed to be at the pool night before last. But I had a stomach ache, otherwise, I would have been down there lighting off fireworks too. But, please don't tell my parents, ok?" He was lucky, his friends weren't.

Cas shook John’s hand and hugged Cali and the kids. Kjay was eating up the attention he loved the smaller humans. After he walked out with her and spoke Cas looked at Jermiah and nodded.

“I promise I will call you as soon as I know the whole story. As for what happened teenagers will be teenagers. Even though someone died it was still an accident. Fireworks are not a crime. It sounds like something DJ would do.”

They talked for a few more minutes and than Cas swung up into the saddle and road off towards the castle. She still had a long way to go before she was going to make it to the castle. She was planning on sleeping in the room she had there before trying to see Venis.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sat May 21, 2011 1:46 am

Gwen saw Inion talking to the box. She could barely make out the voice. It sounded vaguely familiar. Something was making her uneasy. She looked around for something she could do to help take her mind off the feeling.

She saw the moat. It had still not been cleaned out from the last time she was here nearly a year ago. She had been about to offer then. Now she was just going to do it. She put her hand in the water and closed her eyes. She began humming softly as she asked Nokomis to help her.

This was Gwendolan's way of dealing with the knot that was growing in the pit of her stomach.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Mon May 23, 2011 5:22 am

So it was with a small sigh that the message was relayed back. “Fergive me miss Inion and Gwendolan, but if the Goddess says she don wanna see nobody, I's not gunna be the one t’ be lettin’ ‘em in.” And that was that. She had no plans of going anywhere near the throne room or the Goddess, especially not now. The ground had shook while she was out on her walk, and she came back very mad.

Her anger, the Goddess’ that was, was the main reason why no one, not a single living or undead being, had gone to that door today. So if they wanted in, it was going to take more than just dropping some unknown names and making their request. She did move to the window though, phone still to her ear, and peered out to see who had come to visit. She saw the elf playing in the water of the mote.

Now, if they looked up at her, peeking her British head of flowing blonde locks out the window, they would see that she appeared to be the exact same woman who had been at the front gate. There was a reason for this. And if they wished to know it, the information would be provided. Otherwise let them ponder. The other reason she popped her head out the window was she had a skill like the other.

Now, Amanda, the woman at the front gate, was an empath. She could feel the emotions of others. The woman in this window of the castle peering out at them could hear the thoughts of others. And more than that, she could sometimes change those thoughts. This was why she was peering out the window. She was looking at the women and thinking that they wanted to turn back, not come inside.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:22 am

Inion calmly listened to the woman and took a deep breath, she understood she was only doing her job but she was getting agaited a bit. She looked over at Gwendolan and understood that she was doing something to keep her mind off the feelings they both were feeling, she didn't have the heart to tell her that most castles kept moots mucky to hide things. She was trying to keep her own sanity and then she felt it that faint touch in her head and that rubbed on her last bit of sanity. She felt them being watched but having someone try and plant even the slightess thought in her mind eerrkked her. The elders had messed with her thoughts and mind so much that she learned a neat little trick of building a nasty little wall in her mind. She toned it down but if someone reached out to her mind again they would find a nasty little nightmare. Another deep breath and calmly as she could, "I understand that you are just doing your job, we understand that you don't know us but at the very least I am sure that Lady Venis would be upset if someone did not come out and take care of Rapture and Empyrean, they have been gracious enough to bring us here at great speed and Gwendolan and myself require a place to rest, eat and freshen up while we wait for someone to grow a pair and at least slip a note to the Lady Venis letting her know that friends have come to see her and help. I have a feeling we will not be the last to be banging on the draw bridge wanting to see her." Her tone may have been calm but if one listened closely they would be able to hear the aggaitation in it. She could only hold together her calm presence for so long and the worry and dark feeling was edging their way into her mind and heart.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Empyrean and Rapture looked at each other and than at Gwendolan. They could feel her drawing power trying to clean the water. They walked over to her and lowered their heads so that each was touching a shoulder with a horn. To anyone that could not see them for what they were it would appear that two snow white horses were looking over her shoulder.

Gwen smiled as the unicorns came to help her. They could feed her extra power and the water would become clean much faster. She was beginning to calm down because of the nearness of the unicorns. She was loosing herself in her own little world cleaning the water.

"....myself require a place to rest, eat and freshen up while we wait for someone to grow a pair and at least slip a note to the Lady Venis letting her know that friends have come to see her and help. I have a feeling we will not be the last to be banging on the draw bridge wanting to see her."

The agitation in Inion's voice brought Gwen back to the real world. She took her hand from the water and stood up. She walked over to stand beside Inion.

The Unicorns had followed her over and were still touching her shoulders with their horns. They knew it was helping to calm her.

Gwen did not understand what Inion meant but she was sure it was not very polite. She waited for a response.

Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:21 am

As Inion spoke with the woman, a loud crash could be heard from within the castle walls. It was accompanied by a scream of a yell and some profanity as well. "Damn it all to hell. Someone get me another phone. NOW!" And it was more than obvious that Venis was in her foulest mood yet.

Sound of people rushing around and opening and closing doors followed the yelling. Words would not have been able to be made out as it was a chorus of sounds that all muffled together. People were rushing around trying to find her another cell phone to try. No one understood why the cell phones weren't working.

Ginny heard the sounds coming from the throne room of the castle. She knew the sound to be a cell phone shattering against the stone walls of the building. She had thrown thirteen of them so far. None of them had worked. There was no cell phone signal within the walls of the Keep. No one was able to call out unless they had a land line. Somehow, that still worked. But the castle was old, too old for such things as outlets to plug in telephones.

With a sigh she moved to the wheel that turned the chain that lowered the drawbridge.
"Now listen here ya ninny. Ginny Thorougood has balls. They's brass one's the size a grapefruits. Don't ye be comin up in here an insultin me like that. But I's sure ya heard what a foul mood the mistress be in. So iffin ya wanna take yer chances, that be fine with me. May the God's have mercy on her souls."

It was a good thing the blonde and the Unicorns had moved from beside the mote to stand with the other woman. Because down came the drawbridge. There was no slow creaking pace to it. Ginny had simply unlatched the lock on the wheel and let the wheel spin uncontrolled. This caused the drawbridge to come crashing down at a dangerous pace. It hit the ground so hard that it bounced twice before it settled. That should warn Venis that someone was coming in alright.

Once the drawbridge was on the ground the hustle and bustle of employees, frantically
trying to search for yet another cell phone, could be seen. It looked much like a mad house inside. And across the courtyard from the drawbridge, the double doors of the throne room could be seen. If the pair dared cross the threshold, that would be where they would find the pissed off Goddess of Fire and Protection. But they might want to reconsider the protection at the moment.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:02 am

Inion had to take a couple of deep breaths to calm herself, she hadn't meant for the stress to get the better of her. Now was not the time to get into it a verbal battle with people who where just doing their jobs. She did jump a little as the drawbridge crashed to the ground. She was glad Gwen had moved, it would have been difficult to explain to Manny that the gate keeper squashed his bride to be with the drawbridge not to mention having to explain to Venis anything harm that may have come to the unicorns. She moved to Empyrean's side and took her pack from the saddle, "well into the flames it seems we must go" her words where spoken softly, more to herself. Turning back to the drawbridge she stepped close to Gwen and reached out for her hand. "hun remember she is stressed and worried herselft so whatever happens don't take things to much to heart." She gathered a bit of her energy together and sent out a calming aura. She moved towards and across the bridge.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:36 am

Gwen moved just in time for drawbridge to come crashing down right where she had been standing. She was visibly shaken the unicorns were trying to comfort her. She heard Venis yelling and she froze. She was feeling something from Venis that she had never felt before. A barely controlled evil. She followed Inion's lead and took her bags from off Rapture.

Once the saddlebags were off the unicorns walked across the drawbridge and into the castle courtyard. They stood there and waited for someone to come take the saddles off of them.

Gwen took Inion's offered hand.

"I know, but this is something more. I think that we need to go see her now. I don't think we should wait."

She squeezed Inion's hand and walked across the drawbridge. She did not care if Inion kept a hold of her hand or if she dropped it. She walked across the courtyard and went right up to the doors to the throne room.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:08 pm

Inion held her hand without letting go and she could feel just how shaken Gwen really was. "as soon as we get the unicorns settled we will go see her. " She had an idea in her head in case anyone tried to sop them from banging on the throne room doors. While walking she was fishing in her messanger bag for her cell phone, a quick glance told her that despite how fancy it was, it wasn't going to work any better then any others right now. Once at the doors of the throne room she raised her hand and banged on the doors.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:04 am

Inside the throne room was the most pissed off Goddess of Fire and Protection that anyone had ever bared witness to. No employees would dare even step to Lady Inion and Miss Gwendolan to stop them. Because that would put them closer to the throne room. And at this point, that was the last place any of them wanted to be.

Two employees did move to Empyrean and Rapture as the two stepped into the courtyard, so the ladies had nothing to worry of there. The unicorns would be given the very best of care, as this was their home too. And if there was a need that they had that was not tended to, they employees didn't have to worry about facing Venis' wrath, the unicorns were capable of dishing out their own.

By the time Inion and Gwen were at the doors of the throne room, pounding on them, Venis would be partially consumed by her flames. Her hair would be flames dancing out around her head, and there would be an aura of flames around her body as she paced back and forth. She had tried seventeen cell phones at that point. Fourteen of them had now been thrown across the room and were in shattered piles of rubble upon the floor. Three of them were little piles of ash in the floor where she incinerated them in her bare hands. At least the fire would draw back from her hands when she was taking a phone and from her ear when she would put it to her ear?

But she had given up on cell phones. It was so tempting to break her word, something she never did, and try to find her Granddaughter telepathically. So very tempting. But she refused. She refused to alienate her Granddaughter again. They had made headway when she came to the Inn and stayed in the spare bedroom of Venis' suite. There was no way in hell Venis was willing to loose that ground.

The vibration of the drawbridge told her that someone was coming into or leaving the castle. And if had been just an employee coming to work or someone leaving, then Ginny wouldn't have been so careless with the drop. "Vith!" An exclamation of frustration as she knew her door was being approached. And with that knowledge, she was able to feel for who it was. And when she discovered that, she just got even more pissed off.

She stopped in her pacing as she felt them near the door. "Dalharuk d' natha ilhar dosib elg'caress." Spoken more to herself than anything. And then there it was, the inevitable pounding upon the doors of her throne room. "VITH!" That was most definitely out loud. And so was the rest of it. "Go back to the Inn Inion. Take Gwen with you and go back. It's not safe for her here. You either for that matter." There, nuff said, right?

She was pacing again. Bare feet would be absent of flame as they touched upon the floor only to flame up again as they were lifted. She wore a special bikini made of a metal that had been enhanced to keep it from melting, and from adhering if she was burned by something holy again. Her son was such a magnificent man, and so talented. She was so proud of him.

She could still feel Inion and Gwen outside the door. She thought to tell them again to leave her alone. "You are welcome to go find a room to sleep in, but leave my door. I wish you not to enter." And she followed that with a little magic. "Obstruer." Said with a flick of her wrist. All the folding tables and folding chairs within the room now formed a barricade in front of the door. One French word, a touch of white magic, and the furniture had heeded her command to obstruct the door. And again she paced.
Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:01 am

Cas was apparently not as far behind the other two as one would have thought. Things were not going well for the people here at the keep. It was like one accident after the other had befallen them. She looked at Kjay. Even in his alternate form he was falling back. He knew his way and she was positive he would get there.

As soon as she was able to see the castle she noticed something very wrong. The drawbridge was down. The bridge was never down. There was always someone there to clear people in and out. Ginny was going to have hell to pay. Cas knew it would have been her at the gate seeing as Amanda had been at the other one. The sisters always worked the same shifts.

Well with the bridge down she had no need to stop she road right up into the court yard. She was sliding off Starry Eyed as soon as she started to slow down. There were employees rushing to stop her. As soon as they saw it was her they slowed and lowered any weapons they had.

"Take care of Starry Eyed. Kjay will be here soon as well. He fell behind."

She saw Inion and Gwendolan at the doors to the throne room. She walked over to them.

"What is going on?"

She knocked on the doors.

"VENIS?"

She tried to open them but found them to be locked.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Gwen turned red to the tips of her ears as she caught part of what Venis had said. Gwen had been speaking drow almost as long as she had been speaking her native tongue. Such words should not be said by a Lady.

Gwen released Inion's hand so she could knock on the door. Not long after she heard Venis say something and than there was a huge bang against the door to the throne room.

"Venis please we are just trying to help you."

She never raised her voice. She knew that Venis could hear her. While she was waiting for an answer Lady Casandra showed up. She moved to the side for her to bang as well before answering her question.

"Venis barricaded herself in the throne room after telling Lady Inion to take me and leave because it was not safe here."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:55 am

Inion bristled at Venis's words, not safe not safe, if Venis wasn't a friend she would have a few choice words to say about that but she held back. Inion knew what Venis had said and with only a glance at Gwen she could tell she also knew what was said. She was trying to focus herself and not do something totally crazy when Casandra arrived.

She also moved to allow her better banging room at the door, "seems that Venis is throwing a tantrum and locking herself in her room." she didn't try hard enough to hold back the stress in her voice.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:20 am

"Vel'bol wun l' thal uoi'notan zhah aluin pholor bauth ghil?" Rhetorically asked to no one in particular as Venis now heard Casie pounding on the throne room doors. "Casie, take Inion and Gwen to find a room and you guys can rest up. Then I want you to leave." She shook her head as she continued to pace. "Go on, go to your room and leave me alone." She was not a happy person, and these uninvited guests were making it worse.

She had no way to find her Granddaughter, she had no way to leave her Keep. Like she hadn't noticed the pattern? She tried to leave when that traveler showed up, and a barn caught fire. She tried to walk out after Eros came and spent some time with her, and a giant sinkhole happened. Her Granddaughters house and the one next to it, both crumbled under ground. She searched that rubble for over an hour for her.

She found one dead human male, and one dead female mole-man. But there were no signs of Kyra. And Venis was scared. Scared was not an emotion she was good with. Her Granddaughter was one of the most important people in the world to her, and she couldn't find her. It seemed like every time she tried to walk out that gate, a catastrophe happened, and this last one might have cost her her Granddaughters life.

Some prices were just too high to pay. And that was one of them. She hoped that if something had happened to Kyra, if she had been in that house when it fell into the ground and crumbled to a pile of rubble, that she would have felt it. But then again, her Granddaughter had inherited her talent for shielding, of course, so had her father. So it wasn't like she could just reach out and sense her presence and know if she was around.

So this was what had the Goddess pacing around her throne room. This is what had her so worked up that she was a walking fireball. This is why she told Inion and Gwen that it was too dangerous for them there. Venis felt like she was on the verge of loosing her cherished control, and the last thing she wanted was for her friends to become collateral damage. Those women were not cannon fodder, but if they stuck around ...
Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:23 pm

Casandra heard Venis and she was getting very upset and madder by the minute. So Inion was right Venis was throwing a fit. But trying to send her to her room? She took a few deep breaths and tried to calm herself.

"Venis this is not over you can't hide in there forever."

She knew what she was going to do. Would it piss Venis off? Hell yes; but what kind of a friend would she be if she did not try to find out what was going on.

She motioned for Gwen and Inion to follow her. She turned around facing the drawbridge and went left. She walked into the kitchen and turned towards Inion and Gwen.

"There is a side door into the throne room accessed from inside the castle. I can not guarantee she will not throw a fireball at us as soon as we open the door. If you come with me there is no guarantee that we won't all be hurt."

She knew the maze through the halls to get to where they needed to go. Without waiting for an answer she moved on. They would follow her or they would go find rooms like Venis had suggested they do.

From the kitchen she went through a door on the left and moved through the breakfast room. The door she went through from there led to one of the towers. From the towers one could go up or go through another door into the east hall.

She took the east hall to the north east tower there she stopped. This door would not open onto another hall but was the east entrance to the throne room. She took a deep breath and moved to the door. Instead of standing in front of it she stood off to the side. If the other two women had followed her she would motion them to stand on the other side of the door. When they were out from in front of it she would open the door. She had moved to the side of the door in case Venis threw a fireball at it before she knew who was there.

"Venis I am not a child for you to order to bed. I am supposed to be your best friend. Like it or not we are here; we care about you please let us try to help."

She then moved into the throne room. And just as she had suspected, a fireball was headed right for them.

Last edited by Casandra Lightheart on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Gwen followed Cas into the kitchen and listened to what she had to say.

"Something evil is at work here. I will not just leave Venis to it. Whatever it is Venis is starting to loose control over the evil she keeps locked away from everyone."

Gwen knew that Venis hid it well She would normally not hurt anyone she did not intend to feed on but right now she was not sure they would be completely safe either. The one thing that she did know was that it didn't mater. Venis was important to Manny and that made Venis important to her.

She followed Cas through the short maze to get to the inner door to the throne room. She stood to the side of the door when Cas motioned her to and waited. When Cas moved into the room she was not far behind her.

"I want to help if I can."

And then Gwen saw the fireball coming right at them.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:46 am

Inion followed Cas and when they were at the door to the throne room she moved to stand against the wall. In her head she prepared a spell in case a fireball did come flying at them. Once Cas moved into the room she was a step behind the spell working in her head still just in case. She had been very quiet they whole while, pushing down the feelings she could not ignore. That deep evil that was hovering over the keep like a cloud.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next