StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

To Room #403 {Open}

+4
Gwendolan
Manny Costas
RusDring
Ryanna
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

To Room #403 {Open} - Page 3 Empty Re: To Room #403 {Open}

Post by RusDring Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 am

...... It was official

Being the hero is overrated.  Perhaps he missed the parts in the tales were the hero got punched in the face and thrown against the wall, because that's what had happened to him! Getting the girl isn't even always part of the deal.  She didn't know him before and he didn't hold out much hope of his Opportunity knowing what he did to help her either.

Daniel have done all of this for nothing.

With the way Daniel was pulling on the arm of his Opportunity, the panther's slap to the face caught him off guard. His hands let go of the girl and he stumbled to the side, tripping over his feet and falling to the ground. Daniel's face was still throbbing from Manny's earlier hit and now it flared up even more.

He sat with his back up against the wall for a moment and closed his eyes.   The way things were, Daniel was not getting anywhere, he didn't have the strength. At the same time....

...... Opportunity had spoken

He would have to go for help.  Daniel scrambled back to his feet and rushed - clumsily at first - out the open door and ran down the hall looking for Manny and shouting, "Manny! Manny, you have to help her!"  He followed the sounds until he found him - the room isn't that big, shouldn't be that hard to locate the man.

When he did, Daniel took a second to breath.  "She spoke! She wants to be let go. You said she's family. Help her! Please!" Nearly pleading with the man.  All to help a female he didn't even know.

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:32 am

((I was given permission to post this next.))

Manny spit the water out of his mouth that he had been rinsing with.  He had used the kitchen sink to do so, not wanting to return to the bedroom even long enough to use the bathroom.

He turned to face the young man who had just come from the bedroom, down the short hallway, into the sitting room that came before the small kitchenette.  He had a small wad of paper towels in his hand that he was using to dry his arm where he was getting ready to bandage it.

He shook his head hearing the shouts sighed.  When he heard what else was said he lowered his head for a moment. 
"Shit." Said with feeling. He looked back up and at the young man. "Get into the fridge and hand me that glass jar on the bottom shelf of the door that looks like it has guacamole in it. I'm not going back into that room smelling like blood."  He pulled out the drawer where the bandages and tape were kept.

If Daniel got the jar for him, or if he had to get it himself, the poultice was applied to his scratches before a large piece of gauze was placed over them and taped down.  He grabbed up his cell phone off the counter and flipped it open as he walked.  He didn't want his fiance' involved in the situation, so he called the only other person he could think to call about it. He dialed the number with the press of a single button.

When the voicemail picked up, Manny was already almost back to the short hall that lead to the bedroom.  
"Ha'Ruil, I guess you went back to sleep.  We have a situation over here, a lycanthrope situation.  I can't talk to animals you know.  I could use some help. Rapid three." Then he hung up and hit another button. Rapid three had been the knock code that the situation called for.  There were a series of knock codes in place so that people would know the situation just by hearing a knock upon their door.  It saved time.

As he rounded the corner to enter the hall he paused to speak to who had answered. 
"Shamus, I need you and Joseph over here please. I have a lycanthrope situation ... Rapid three." He hung up and looked back at Daniel.  "Could you wait out here please?  If someone knocks three times in rapid succession let them in.  Any other knock needs to be ignored, please." Then he put his phone away and headed into the bedroom.

Once he was in the bedroom, he approached the bed slowly.  He saw Tasha's panther form laying on De'Ryanna's human one.  She seemed to be trying to guard the human, even hissing at Manny to do so.  There was nothing human behind the eyes of the big cat.  Which seemed odd to Manny.  He held out his left hand, as the right arm was bandaged, and slowly approached the cat.  Hopefully, Daniel wouldn't be right behind him causing the cat to get angrier.

He knew that Tasha 'wasn't home' at the moment.  But Daniel had said that De'Ryanna had spoken, so was she 'home' now? 
"De'Ryanna, can you hear me child?  If you're in there I need you to talk to me."  He put the back of his hand between the pair and let them smell him.  They would recognize his scent, and at least Tasha would know he was harmless.

He brought his right hand over to smooth the hair back from De'Ryanna's face.  Hopefully, she wouldn't bite him, though her reach would be limited by the three hundred pound cat on her body.  At least the cat covered most of her nakedness?  He tried to keep his left hand out of the way of the biting human on the bed and use his right to sort of pet and comfort her.  Because if he could get the wolf calm, it would be a lot easier to calm the panther.

It was only a few short minutes before a rapid three knock was heard.  It would probably be Shamus and Joseph.  The question was, would Daniel let them in?  He continued to try and soothe De'Ryanna.
"De'Ryanna, can you hear me sweetie? I need you to be calm and talk to me so I can get the large cat off of you.  Help me out here, calm down and lets end this, peacefully."  He hoped it was working.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:29 pm

(Ok so I know that I am really late with this. My computer died. I just got a tablet that will let me post so here I am.)

Gwen took the key to Venis' room. She saw the look that Manny gave Keven and it worried her. She just smiled at every one.

"I will be back as soon as possible with the items."

She placed her hand in the crook of Keven's arm and left the room with him. She stayed quiet till they were in Venis' room and then went to the closet and began to go through the material.

"Why did Manny give you that look like something is wrong?"

Keven looked at Gwen just a little shocked. She was so inocent; most of the time she never picked up on things that passed between Manny and other people. She was getting better at reading people. He blushed when he remembered he was staring at her. "He just wanted me to keep an eye on you. He is worried about someting but I am not sure what. You may want to not use anyone elses name around that man. No one knows who he is." That was a good answer. It was also true.

Gwen nodded and sat down on the floor in front of the closet. She pulled out all the fabric from both chests; there was a lot of it. She was trying to remeber how Ryann dressed it had been so long since she had seen her last. She was holding up different colors and prints and textures. She was trying to match them but when she put two togeather and looked at Keven he would just make a funny face and shake his head.

She had no idea how long she had been at this and she was getting discouraged.

"Everything I own is white. I have no idea how to match the colors. Will you help me?"

Keven moved from the chair he had been sitting in and sat on the floor next to Gwen and smiled. "I can help, I learned how to match colors and such from being around Venis and the girls." He started talking to her about what colors matched and what prints looked good. Prints and solits were best put togeather. Textures and different types of fabric could make things look bad togeather that would normaly match. They sat there for a while longer. He had a feeling that he should keep Gwen here for as long as he could.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanna Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:43 am

The situation was escalating from bad to worse, mostly due to the fact of being unable to shift from the human to wolf and still being in the state of fear. In her current state, the wolf half was stronger and it was going to get rid of what was holding it back - the human side - if that's what it took to escape.

It happened before, the wolf had taken control and De'Ryanna had been locked away inside her mind for days. When she awoke De'Ryanna had no memory of what had happened.

The red that started to cover that black wall became thicker. It was turning more into blood and it flowed down the smooth surface and into the walls' cracks. As it flowed, a feeling of intense rage envelop the area. Any chips Tasha would manage to pull away, that spot would quickly be filled with blood.

"You're killing me! Let me out!" Cried the voice. It was a desperate plea.  The words 'Let me out!' continued over and over and over.

Outside, Daniel touching De'Ryanna had done some good for it allowed that inside voice to come out and, even after he was pushed away by the panther, the words were still there, though not as strong as before.  By the time Manny arrived the only word to be heard - if he could make it out through the grunts and growls that heavily coated it - was 'out'.

She was also still desperately trying to get out from under the heavy panther and she did snap at Manny's hand when it came close.  Once he touched her hair, De'Ryanna stopped trying to bite him. She stopped doing anything at all, even her breathing came slowly. It was a psychopathic, threatening type of still and her eyes relayed the emotion that was playing inside of her.  Rage.

The voice that came from her was deep and commanding, strong, only a whisper of her was in it.  "Let her go, now, or I will kill her."

Ryanna
Ryanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:58 am

Blood? Seriously?  Tasha knew that there was a force other than De'Ryanna at work here.  De'Ryanna was the consummate neat freak.  She would never be so crude as to bring forth blood such as this.

Tasha's arms were getting covered in the crimson liquid.  She had finally gotten her brain to stop trying to convince her that she was on fire.  Well, she had gotten better at ignoring it at least.

She continued her efforts to get through the wall. ~Is that the best you've got?  Blood?  Please, I'm a lycanthrope.  Blood is nothing.~ She wasn't backing down from this fight, no way in hell.

Perhaps taunting the entity that was interfering wasn't the best idea.  But it was all she had as she continued to pick away at the wall and get covered in blood.  She wasn't going to be eating raw meat any time soon.

The feelings of intense rage were starting to effect her.  She was getting angrier and angrier.  But she directed that anger at the wall, surely if she got mad enough at it, she would make some headway.

Then she had a realization.  There was only one thing strong enough to combat this much rage and anger.  Love.  And not just any type of love, the love of a happy family.  Unconditional and unyielding.

As Tash continued to pick away at the wall, she began to think about her family.  It made her happy to remember her parents and how loving they had been.  She thought about her beautiful sisters too.

As her thoughts continued, she moved on to memories of others who were family, even if not by blood.  She thought of happy memories with the people she loved.  And she even thought about De'Ryanna.

Now, she might not have had any happy moments of hanging out with De'Ryanna, but she had happy memories from when De'Ryanna was around.  And she thought of those memories now.

And while she was thinking about how much she loved her family, all of her family, she continued to try to get through the wall.  
~I'm not killing you.  I'm trying to get you out.~ She was bound and determined.

Meanwhile, Tasha's panther caught a whiff of Manny's hand.  She knew the scent, she knew he was harmless, but none the less.  The panther hissed at Manny, something she'd never done before.

When Manny started trying to pet the wolf in human form, Tasha's panther didn't swat at him.  He wasn't trying to take her human charge away, so he could pet her all he wanted.  As long as it was just petting.

The three knocks upon the door were heard.  The panther turned her head and hissed again.  She did not want anyone else in that room.  Manny was only keeping his hand because it was him.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 pm

...... Daniel could be quite agreeable when necessary

Or when what was going on didn't seem like a fools errand. Therefore, he did get the object that Manny had requested, he even followed as he left that room and headed for the bedroom. Manny took a few calls, and those Daniel only heard bits he listened. They were calling in more help.

"Do you really think that's a good idea!" Daniel shouted at Manny, though it likely went ignored. He had asked the man for help, and now more people were getting involved. He wanted the man to help him get his Opportunity out, not bring more people to keep her in.

...... He heard Manny speak Opportunity's name

Daniel wasn't listening for it - in fact he was thinking about the three knocks - but he didn't stay exactly at the door. Daniel was noses and wanted to know what was going on. He heard words coming from the room but he couldn't make them out to clearly and he inched closer to the room. Daniel was getting nervous and his foot was tapping rapidly as he tried to sort all the thoughts that were going through her head.

He wanted to see Opportunity, but the panther laying on top, and Manny's large form, shot out his visibility. Come on. Come on. You have to be okay. I need you. All of his plans would go to ruin if something happened to her, as it is he already had to change things around.

........ Then two things happened at once

There was the triple knock at the door, and there was what Opportunity said. Daniel was, momentarily, stuck. He quickly processed what he should do - after all that he has been through this night he wasn't thinking fully.

"No, no, no!" Daniel's head spun from the bedroom to the room door. "We need to let her out! You heard what she said!" Or, what he said? Was there something else going on here?

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:16 am

Oh the joys of working at the Inn within which you resided, all be it temporarily.  When the door was not answered fast enough for a rapid three knock, Shamus pulled out his key ring and used his spare key to Manny's room.  A quick scan of the room told them that the situation was in the bedroom.  So that was where the pair of large men headed.

They pushed past the guy who was standing in the way, not trying to run him over or move him, just get past.  They saw Manny, and they saw Tasha.  But they didn't see much else. They knew there had to be someone else.  Then Joseph saw the legs sticking out behind the panther. It had to be another lycanthrope or else Manny wouldn't have sounded so worked up over the phone.

Joseph raised his hand to his mouth and it contained a wooden straw looking thing. 
"Which one?" Asked before the end of the straw went into his mouth.  "Tasha." Came the reply. Manny made sure to lean to the side so Joseph had a clear shot.

Joseph took a deep breath and blew through the straw.  A small dart flew out from the straw and struck the panther in the side of the neck.  Joseph placed the straw on the dresser near him and they waited a second.  The panther turned and hissed at them both before she collapsed to her side.

She was still breathing, still looking at them, still blinking even.  But the rest of her body was temporarily paralyzed. Joseph and Shamus moved over to the bed. 
"Let's get her moved then." And they began to try and lift the heavy cat off of the woman.

It was no small task getting the big cat off of the woman. "Ugh, someone should tell the Furgirl to go on a diet." Joseph chuckled as he lifted her from her stomach to raise up the back half of her. "I wouldn't say that to her human half if I was you." Shamus laughed as well while he lifted the front half.

They moved her off of the bed and onto the floor.  Then they looked around the room. 
"Right then.  First, what in the blue blazes is going on around here?" It was a fair question.  After all, they had just had to tranquilize one of their best friends.  And there was another woman in Manny's bed.

Joseph looked over at the guy who they had brushed past without paying him a bit of mind.  
"And who might you be lad?" Another fair question given they had never actually met him.  And unless he ordered food between the hours of twelve am and six am, they had never even laid eyes on him before.

It was only then that they noticed who the naked woman was in Manny's bed.  Both of their mouths fell agape.  Neither of them could even speak enough to ask the obvious question.  So they turned their attention back to the other guy.  After all, for all they knew, he could have been the cause of all this.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:43 am

Daniel's comment had not been ignored, not exactly anyway.  Manny had waved a dismissive hand in the man's direction when he spoke the comment.  That was response enough.

Manny saw the eyes and the stillness.  But he didn't stop.  And when he heard those words, and knew they hadn't been De'Ryanna, he snapped back his retort. 
"You'll kill her over my dead body." He continued to pet her and try to calm her.

He heard the knocks, and he knew that one way or another, they boys would get in the room.  He was so relieved when they came into the bedroom.  And it was even better when he heard Joseph's question.  He prayed that he would get forgiven right before he spoke. 
"Tasha" And he knew that Joseph wouldn't question him, he would just fire. So he leaned to the side to make sure he didn't get hit.

As soon as the boys had Tasha off of De'Ryanna, Manny slid up onto the bed.  He scooped her up in his arms and hugged her to his body. 
"Shhh, I've got you now.  It's going to be ok." He got situated on the bed and pulled her into his lap.

Once he had her curled up in his lap the best he could, especially if she was fighting him, he began to rock slightly. 
"Come on, it's going to be ok." She might have been very strong with her wolf in charge, but Manny was still a male with superior upper body strength.  And no matter how much she fought, he was going to fight harder to hold onto her.

He looked up to Joseph and Shamus. 
"I don't know everything, but she came over to borrow some stuff, then she collapsed. Then the next thing I know, the two of them were fighting.  Doc wasn't letting anyone near them.  I don't think either one of them has their human half in charge of their bodies at the moment.  Which makes me wonder why Doc isn't home in that cat's eyes."  He continued to rock and pet De'Ryanna as he spoke.

After he answered with all the info he had, he went back to trying to soothe De'Ryanna. 
"Shhh, shhh. shhh.  You know I'm going to love you no matter what.  But I really would like to see someone human home in those beautiful eyes." He was starting to worry with both of them being pure animal at the moment.  Especially since the tranquilizer was going to wear off soon.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanna Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:19 pm

The one who spoke through De'Ryanna would be true to their word: the girl dying would solve the main problem, even if it created another.  It was also understanding that things could not happen instantaneously - especially considering that something had to be done about the panther laying over De'Ryanna's body.  They had a small window of grace; during that time her body stayed completely still with the eyes deadlocked on Manny.

The two men who entered into the room were paid no attention by the girl.  She stayed still, even when the panther was shot. After the animal was removed, and Manny held De'Ryanna instead of letting go and started speaking, her dark brown eyes closed. Her heart appeared to have stopped and she wasn't breathing. There was no resistance to anything that Manny did. To the average person, she was dead.

However, De'Ryanna wasn't dead.

Inside her mind there was a flurry of activity. Tasha may have dismissed the blood that was flowing on the wall, but that would be her mistake.  There was more blood, deeper, and this dark place started to loose whatever life it exhibited.  The wall crumbled; the debris spilled across the floor before and then disappeared.  There was nothing but blackness and emptiness all around. Tasha was in an empty void.

Time passed - the exact length of time was indefinite because there was nothing with which to measure. Eventually a transparent scene began to come alive in the darkness. It started out with an image of a young De'Ryanna, about 11 or 12 years old, standing at an elaborate circular balcony and looking out into the fading light of day to the city below. She was dressed as a harem dancer with coins and beads braided through her hair and small bells tied to her wrist and ankles.  

The rest of the scene formed and Tasha would find herself standing in that hallway as well. It was an open hallway on the side that De'Ryanna stood, with large arches distanced far enough from each other for artistic effect. Marble floors and half columns with leafy green plants, all of it made late afternoon shadows stretch.  There were exits on either side down the long hallway that led to other places.  This image of De'Ryanna seemed to be unaware of Tasha's presence.

There was another person in the scene as well - an older, dark skinned man, dressed in a fine suit of rank, stood in the corner at the end of the hall, far from the girl, to Tasha's left. He wasn't hiding, but he wasn't proclaiming his presence either. He was watching De'Ryanna. Benjamin looked the same then as when he first arrived at the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn.

Ryanna
Ryanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 am

...... They wouldn't have seen Daniel about the Inn

He kept to himself for the better part of the time.  If they spent any time in the stables they would have possibly seen him there talking to, and taking care of, his horse.  That is where he spent much of his time.  There was something about this place that had never sat well with him and now, seeing how this entire situation was handled, he thought that he had been wise to keep a distance from the others.  

Having been pushed off to the side when the two men came in, he looked from one man to the other, he still could not believe what was going on, let alone what Manny had just said.  "He's lying," Daniel pointed an accusing finger at Manny. "Why don't you tell them how she kept being pressured for answers, or how the doctor there struck her with a needle and then cornered her in this room! What about that? All she wanted to do was leave, even now, and you  ---- No." Daniel's accusation was silenced when he saw that his Opportunity had stopped moving.

......Daniel was frozen.  

His chest was gripped in pain and, for a moment, he could hardly breathe.  He only looked with wide eyes at Manny holding his still Opportunity.  He squeezed his eyes shut and held them closed for a four count, hoping they would open and he would see something different.  Everything was the same when he opened his eyes.

This girl was unknown to him, but he knew a person in need when he saw one and, in helping her he would have helped himself.  However, looking at the scene before him now, Daniel felt defeat. "Are you happy now?" Daniel asked quietly. "The voice warned you.  It said if you didn't let her go then she would die and look at her. Look at her!" He shouted then promptly around and placed his hands upon the wall and leaned in to it until his forehead touched the wall. "May the gods curse you all for your arrogant ways," Daniel voiced towards the wall. He was not going to be a residential favorite anytime soon.  Manny suffered him as it were already.

Daniel turned back around, his eyes trimmed in red for sadness.  "Would you not let her go, even now?" Came his plea.  "What further harm will you lay upon the dead."  

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:27 am

((I ask for forgiveness at the beginning of this post for the way things are about to go.  To the casual reader it looks like I'm skipping turns, but technically I'm just breaking my turns into pieces. LOL  Sorry, but it's the only way I could make it make sense. Very Happy))

Tasha might not have been in her body, but she was still somewhat connected to it.  So when Joseph shot her in the neck, she felt it.  It sort of felt like a mosquito bite.  How did she know what that felt like? She'd been to Earth before.  But, that was neither here nor there at the moment.  Her hand went to her neck when she felt the sting.

Though the blood had become thicker, darker, and seemed to double in quantity, if not more so, Tasha wasn't giving up.  But then suddenly, the wall crumbled before her.  Worried that the wall might have been a box that contained De'Ryanna, Tasha yelled. 
"DE'RYANNA!!" Then there was nothing.

Yes, nothing.  Suddenly, Tasha found herself in a great void.  She was surrounded by darkness and yet emptiness.  There had to be something of a floor type structure because she seemed to still be standing upon it.  Not being afraid of the dark, but worried about De'Ryanna, she dared take a step forward. 

Then suddenly, Tasha was in pain.  Her stomach hurt so bad she grabbed it with both arms and doubled over.  She was having trouble catching her breath and she felt dizzy and light headed ...
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:05 am

((I'm only allowed to do this once and it stay PG13.  But I looked it up to be sure. LOL))

Now, Manny was pissed. 
"Fuck off you asinine little prick!" Words that no one had ever heard come out of Manny's mouth before.  At least, no one in this room. "You know damned good and well that I did not press her for answers.  And the needle was an IV to provide her with nourishment you dumb ass."  He looked back at the kid with a look that would kill if looks could kill.

Then he looked to Joseph and Shamus. 
"Do me a favor and get this little shit the hell ..." He stopped mid sentence to look at the woman in his arms.  De'Ryanna had stopped breathing.  Her eyes had shut and she looked well and truly dead.  But Manny knew better.

He checked for a pulse in her neck. "In this family, dead isn't always dead." It was then that they heard a sound from the floor ...
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:18 am

Shamus and Joseph both looked at the young man like he had lost his ever loving mind.  They both knew that there was no way that Manny had ever done anything that would be pressing someone the way he described.  As for the needle, well, the evidence of that was still on the floor beside the bed.  There was an IV bag and a tube with a needle at the end.  But it was an IV, not some type of weapon.

When Manny yelled back at the guy, and cussed, they both turned to him in shock.  Neither of them could speak at the moment because they were so surprised.  They were about to take a step towards the guy to escort him out of the room, because Manny was in the process of asking them to do just that.  But then they too heard a sound from the floor.

Both men stopped in their movements to turn and face the panther they had set upon the floor.  Her eyes were now closed and she didn't seem to be breathing either.  Joseph moved first, sliding to the floor at the cat's side. "Shit!" He looked up at Manny as Shamus joined him.

Shamus laid his head on the cat's ribs to listen for a heartbeat.  He couldn't hear anything. "Wait, Manny, didn't you say that there was nothing human home in the cat's eyes?  What if Doc ..."  Joseph was holding his hand in front of the cat's mouth and nose to see if he could feel any breath at all. He shook his head no when there was no sign of breathing.

Shamus held his hand on the panther's side to see if he could feel anything, breathing, a heart beat, anything. "What if Doc isn't in here, she's in there?" He pointed at De'Ryanna's seemingly lifeless body ...
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:31 am

Manny shook his head. "No, she wouldn't ... By the God's ... Crap." He looked at his watch.  He looked down at De'Ryanna curled up in his arms. "We've got maybe four minutes before we loose them both to anoxia. Joseph, we need a bathtub of cold water.  Shamus, in Tasha's room is a mask with a big blue bubble on it.  I need it." He was not going to let this happen.

He began to move so that he could get off the bed still holding De'Ryanna.  He looked over at Daniel. "Kid, if you know how to make coffee, I suggest you go do so.  I have a feeling I'm going to need it.  Right now, if you're not a help you're a hindrance, and if that's the case, you might as well just leave." He stood from the bed and headed to the bathroom.  He knew this was going to get pretty damned cold.

When he got into the bathroom he looked at Joseph while he stepped into the cold water. "When Shamus gets back, get doc in here and put her in the water down by my feet.  The colder we get them, the longer we have before their brain cells start to die.  And the longer before they die."  He carefully sat down, holding as much of De'Ryanna in the water as he could get.  The water was still filling.  This was a big tub, but it was still going to get very crowded.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:01 am

Joseph got up and headed into the bathroom without being told twice.  He plugged the tub and turned on the cold water.  He turned it all the way up and didn't touch the hot water.  Manny wanted it cold, but he didn't say to add ice.  Joseph would have thought to add ice. But he would ask Manny about the ice later, if he remembered.

Shamus ran out of the room and next door to Tasha's room.  He used his key to get in, and before the door closed itself, Leviathan snuck out.Shamus didn't notice as he dug around in some trunks and bags looking for the mask.  Once he found it he rushed out of the room.  He didn't even think to wake Ha'Ruil or check to see if Levi was still in the room.

He ran back over to Manny's room and opened the door.  Had he bothered to look down, he would have noticed Levi standing there waiting for her chance to sneak in through the door.  Lucky for Shamus, he had color coordinated all the keys when he got them so he just had to remember his color coding to keep from having to search for the right key.

To Shamus' credit, he did notice Levi when she rushed past him on their way to the bathroom.  But it was too late, plus he didn't really have time, to get her back out of there.  He hit the bathroom door, out of breath, and handed Manny the mask.  
"I could only find one.  What do we do about Doc?"

Joseph got up from where he had sat upon the toilet lid to wait. 
"Come on, let's get her into the water." He moved back into the bedroom and over to the panther on the floor.  Leviathan was laying beside her, whimpering, if that's what you wanted to call the noise.  The two men moved to pick her up.  They carried her into the bathroom and put her in the tub at Manny's feet, just like he had asked.

Joseph remembered to ask his question. "Shouldn't we get some ice for the water?"  Shamus was petting Leviathan's head as she sat on the floor beside the tub with her front pawn on the side.  She was still whimpering. But Shamus knew the answer to Joseph's question.

He sat down on the toilet lid and continued to pet Levi's head absently. "We can't yet.  They're lycanthropes.  Their body temperature is higher than ours normally.  We can only use ice if it's taking too long and we need to literally freeze them to keep them alive.  And if we do that, we'll have no way of knowing when to thaw them out to bring them back." He scratched Levi behind the ears to get her to quit whimpering.  His voice carried a lot of sorrow when he answered Joseph.

Both men had the exact same next thought.  But neither of them spoke the words out loud.  Because in the state that Venis was reported to be in, the last thing they needed to do was wish for her to be here and end up calling her to them.  They might loose more than just Tasha and De'Ryanna if that happened.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:39 am

The sound that they had all heard come from the floor was Tasha whimpering.  The cat suddenly had trouble breathing.  And it made her whimper in pain, just before she too closed her eyes and stilled.  Just like De'Ryanna, the panther had no heart beat, wasn't breathing, had no signs of life.  She was, for all intents and purposes, dead.

While the men were racing around trying to get the things done that Manny had told them to do, Tasha was dying while inside De'Ryanna's mind.  She couldn't catch her breath, she felt like she was being crushed by a giant fist.  And having been crushed by a giant fist before, she knew the feeling all too well.  It wasn't until Shamus and Joseph got her panther's body into the freezing cold water that Tasha was able to draw a breath again.  Of course, it was all in her mind.  But at the moment, she was nothing but her mind.

Levi had heard the commotion and racket that was going on in the other room.  Which was why she had been pacing by the door of her room.  So as soon as Shamus opened her door, she made a run for it.  He didn't even see her.  Then she waited by Manny's door, opposite the side that opened, so that when he opened that door she could dash in.

She had heard the water running in the bathroom, so she looked in there first.  No Tasha.  But then she turned her head and saw Tasha laying on the floor.  She ran over to her and laid down beside her.  She wasn't breathing.  Levi nudged her with her nose a couple of times, trying to get her to move.  But she didn't move.  She didn't react at all.  So Levi started to whimper.

When Joseph and Shamus picked Tasha up and carried her into the bathroom, Levi was right behind them.  She was careful not to walk in front of them or even too close so as not to trip them or anything.  When they laid Tasha in the tub, Levi moved to the tub and sat down beside it.  She put her big paws up on the side of the tub and looked down into the water.  She continued to whimper as she rested her head on the side of the tub between her front paws.  She barely noticed Shamus petting her, and when he scratched her behind the ears, she took that as a sign that she needed to be quiet and wait like everyone else.  So she quieted, even if she wasn't too happy about it.

Tasha was able to breathe again, and that was when she was able to stand upright and notice the changes going on around her.  She noticed De'Ryanna standing out on a balcony.  But she looked like a child.  There weren't that many years between the two women, but standing here, it looked like there were a great many.

As the scene continued to fill in, Tasha began to look around.  Then she saw him.  That detestable werewolf who was the bane of the existence of everyone that he ever crossed paths with. To say that Tasha disliked Benjamin would be a gross understatement.  Which says a lot about him given she believed that there was some thread of good in everyone and even tried to become friends with a lych.  She truly believed that light could not exist without darkness and darkness could not exist without light.  But she had absolutely no interest in trying to find Benjamin's light.  No matter what Venis thought of the guy.

She turned on her heels and stomped off towards him. ~You son of a bitch.  I should have known you had something to do with this.  You're going to kill her you know?  You're going to kill us both. And what would she say about that?~  The she in question being Venis of course. ~Whatever you wanted from her you would never get after killing us.  And you would be lucky if she didn't kill you. If you care so much about De'Ryanna then why would you do this to her?  Why do you keep hurting her?  Why can't you just let her go and move on?~ She had no idea if he could hear her, or if he would even acknowledge her if he could hear her. But that didn't stop her from venting at him.

She turned to walk away from him.  She realized that what she was wearing would look very much out of place here, and she didn't want to frighten De'Ryanna, so she thought about her outfit and her clothes changed.  She was now dressed much like De'Ryanna.  She had chosen to forgo the bells at her waist and ankles, as well as the beads and bells braided into her hair.  But her purple outfit was a very good match otherwise.

She moved to De'Ryanna, speaking her name softly to try and get her attention.
~De'Ryanna.~ She got closer and reached out to touch her shoulder.  She didn't want to startle her.  But she needed to get her attention and get her to fight against whatever was going wrong around her.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:54 pm

...... Daniel could take this no longer

Why was he here? Why had he been drawn to come to this inn all those many, many, months ago if there was nothing he could do here. All this time he had been watching and waiting for a key, for the thing that would be his sign. Then he saw her and things clicked. If she was the one then why could he not prevent this from happening?

Daniel heard Manny and, if not for the fear of being ripped to shreds by the men who entered the room and the other animal, Daniel wailed upon the older man with everything he had. That thought would have to remain the entertainment of his mind. He was so angry. So very angry that he only had one course if action and that was to leave.

...... He lingered for only a few moments more

He wasn't watching the flurry if activity, he was watching his Opportunity and mourning the loss of he's could have been and what he will never have. Daniel didn't have any gods - he wasn't very religious - that he knew to call upon. The people who gave him the rings had favors due to him, but none of them would be able to solve this consequence.

Daniel spoke no words. When his Opportunity was taken into the bathroom Daniel went for the door and let himself out. Once he was outside he put his back against the wall and sank down to the floor, his head bowed to his knees. He thought about leaving fully, going back to his room, packing and getting his horse to move on. Daniel stayed because of what was said of him earlier: he was her companion. He went where she did until he was dismissed.

This wasn't the first time he was in a situation like this, accidentally stuck in a position he may not have truly wanted. Admittedly, this was better than the last.

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Starguest Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:58 pm

"You know nothing, Tasha." Benjamin's voice rolled out slow, but it was strong. The imagine of him that was represented there did not move it's mouth, he did not move at all. Therefore the image is not what was speaking, she was hearing Benjamin's voice just as she had heard De'Ryanna's voice before.

He had spoken when Tasha had moved from him and was trying to communicate and touch De'Ryanna. Her hand would go through the image of the child. It may have appeared solid but this was a vision and, unlike the wall, it wasn't made by the one who's mind they were in.

"You were told to leave this mind. Obstacles were put in your way to get you to go. She said you were killing her and yet, in your arrogance, you ignored it." Benjamin continued. His words still slow and bereft of much feeling but a whisper of anger. "Your existence, cat, means nothing to me.  Run off to the vampire, let her see the new blood that stains your hands."  Another time, another set of circumstances, Benjamin would have been amused at Tasha tossing Venis' name around as though it was supposed to make him pause in his actions.

The image of De'Ryanna leaned forward and looked out at something below before she leaned back in and brought her hands to her face. She was crying, silently, and dropped down to her knees. The Benjamin walked to her and got down on one knee. The image of him was talking to the young De'Ryanna. Tasha could try to read his lips, but there was nothing to hear. In the scene, Benjamin caressed the air around the side of De'Ryanna's face and brought her hands down away from her eyes without touching her.  De'Ryanna's eyes were red with tears yet there was strength as well. The two of them stood up and Benjamin ushered her towards the door at the right side of the hall.  Wiping her eyes she went and he followed.

"De'Ryanna Cauthon is dead. Unless you want her to remain that way, you will take her corpse away from this Inn and to where the water meets the earth," Benjamin said. "Unbound in any way. Once I am gone, you will have less than two minutes to vacate or you too, cat, will die."

The scene of the palace hallway rapidly started fading away.  De'Ryanna was not strong enough to fight him, she had not even been strong enough to combat her wolf that had taken and had been killing off her human side. Benjamin did what he had done to save, not only De'Ryanna, but the others as well. There was another force behind the girls wolf that could not be awaken yet.

Paint him as the villain, it was preferred. For now, the story and life of De'Ryanna Cauthon, has come to an end and she was truly dead.

Starguest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Tasha's head shot upward, and she began to look around, upon hearing that voice. ~You bastard.~ She balled her hand into a fist after seeing it pass right through the vision of De'Ryanna.  Her voice had been as flat and devoid of emotion as she could make it.  But there was still the slightest hint of anger in the undertones.

She stood there beside the vision of De'Ryanna, with her head slightly downcast, just listening to what Benjamin had to say. ~Arrogance?~ She gasped. ~I assure you, Benjamin, 'tis not my arrogance that has us in this predicament.  I am here out of concern and caring.  You are the only one around here with any arrogance to speak of at the moment.~ It was as sh spoke that she turned, her head looking upward once more.

She looked at her hands.  They were indeed covered in blood, all the way to her elbows.  She said a silent prayer that they would not be stained with this blood once she left the mind of De'Ryanna.  If she were to happen upon Venis, especially in her rumored current state, this blood could make things go very badly for her.  She growled.

She caught the movement of the image of De'Ryanna out of the corner of her eye.  She turned and gave her full attention to the situation once again.  The image of Benjamin shimmered and broke apart like smoke where it passed though her shoulder on it's way to the girl's side.  But it had reformed by the time it had reached her.  Tasha paid that detail little attention.  It was simply further proof of the illusion, as De'Ryanna's arm had done the same when Tasha's hand had passed through it.

Tasha would have tried to read Benjamin's lips as he spoke to De'Ryanna, but she was at an imperfect angle to do so.  Not that she had a particular mastery of that skill anyway.  But she still would have tried.She continued to watch, even as they rose and began to walk away.  She was about to question the voice as to what had made her cry, what he had said to her, what was going on.  But the voice spoke first.

Tasha listened.  What more could she do?  Both hands forming fists as she heard the words. ~You son of a bitch.~ She growled in frustration once again. She believed his words, after all, had she not almost died only moments ago?  She closed her eyes and began to count backwards from one hundred.  Not because she had used some type of magic or hypnosis to get into De'Ryanna's head.  But because she needed to focus and concentrate to get back to her own body safely.

The panther at Manny's feet began to struggle and fight to get up out of the cold water.  Leviathan stood once again and took a step back as she watched.  The breaking of bones could be heard by those in the room.  Muscles were reforming under the flesh of the great beast.  The mass of the body was changing.  The fur remained in tact, moving as it needed to in order to continue to cover the new form the body was taking.  It could appear to those within the bathroom that Tasha was reverting back to her human form because her spark had been well and truly extinguished.

Red hair began to grow from the head of the cat and the limbs began to move.  It was then that the half human, half cat form of Tasha popped her head up and drew a deep breath.  She stood from her position and hugged herself immediately.  "Holy shit, what's with the cold water?" She rubbed her arms a couple of times.

She turned to face Manny now.  Her naked form, while still covered in wet, black fur, showed all the details of a human without clothes.  But Tasha didn't care that she was naked.  She wasn't the only naked woman in the room.  Besides, she was a lycanthrope.  They had a tendency to be more comfortable with nudity than humans.

She knelt down and reached to take De'Ryanna from Manny.  He was shivering and his arms seemed to be frozen around the body he was holding. "Let me take her Manny." After a bit of force, she rose up with the woman in her arms.  She stepped free of the tub, cradling the lifeless body in her arms.

She looked to Joseph and Shamus.  "Shamus, get Manny out of that cold water and get him warm before he gets frostbite or worse.  Joseph, take Leviathan and get Seleen.  Take some cloaks to her, or robes, or something.  Tell her to take Levi and track me.  She's the only one who can get to us fast enough." She began to move towards the bathroom door.

She paused in the doorway and spoke to those behind her. "And Joseph ... Tell her to pack for Lycanthrope."  With that, she crossed the room and headed for the glass door that lead to the balcony.  Once out the glass doors, she sighed.  It was only four stories.  She had made larger jumps.  But not with a person in her arms.  

She adjusted the body to be over her shoulder and held by one arm across the back of her legs.  She needed at least one arm free.  Then she climbed up on the railing and jumped into a nearby tree.  She jumped from the tree to the ground below.  When she hit the ground, she actually fell to her knees and De'Ryanna slid from her shoulder.  She scooped De'Ryanna back up in her arms and began to run.  She was faster in this form than in human.  Plus, she was stronger and would be able to carry De'Ryanna farther with less effort.  So in a flash, she was gone.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Shamus and Joseph jumped up from where they had been seated, waiting, as soon as the panther began to thrash about.  They weren't sure how to help her.  How did one convince a wild animal that they were safe and out of harms way?  Leviathan had rose to all fours and taken a step back from the side of the tub where she had been keeping vigil as well. 

They heard the sounds of the bones breaking and saw the muscles reforming.  They thought that it was her body reverting back to human because she was truly gone from them.  But then the skin wasn't breaking open, the fur was not becoming flesh.  And she stood up.

Both men thought they were about to have a heart attack.  But if Tasha was back, where was De'Ryanna?  Why was she still lying dead in Manny's arms.  Joseph was the only one to see the tear fall from Manny's eye as he sat there shivering with his arms wrapped around the lifeless body. Neither man had paid any attention to the fact that the women were both nude.  Which said a lot for them, given they were considered two of the most incorrigible of Venis' employees.  But the situation was overwrought with grief and stress.  There was no time for lewd thoughts and behaviors.

It took them a moment to snap back from seeing the miracle that was Tasha's resurrection to realize she was giving them instructions.  Always a quick thinker Tasha was.  And the division of labor made perfect sense.  Shamus was bigger, and Joseph was faster. 

As Tasha began to step from the tub with De'Ryanna's body cradled in her arms, Shamus reached out to touch her elbow.  And attempt to help steady her on the tile floors.  Joseph simply replied to her orders. 
"Yes, ma'am." Then he reached his hand out to Leviathan.  The employees were always so impressed with how domesticated Levi was for being a wild beast.  But then, most had heard the story of how she had come to be Tasha's companion. 

Tasha had paused in her exit.  Which had Joseph and Levi pausing in their eit as well.  To her last words, Shamus responded. 
"But ..."  But she was gone before she could give a response. "Shit." A lone word uttered under his breath as he pulled the plug that drained the tub.  He turned on the hot water and let it run so it could heat the water even as it was draining.  He wanted to bring Manny's temperature up before trying to move him.  Manny was just sitting there in the tub shivering and hugging himself.

Joseph shook his head and reached his hand down to get Levi to come to his side once again. 
"I'll be back as fast as I can to help.  Call Keven.  He's with Gwen.  We're going to need her to come lend her body heat to him." Then they headed out of the bathroom.  Then he went to the closet in Manny's room.  He grabbed out two of Gwen's winter cloaks.  They were both white.  All of her stuff was white.  The winter cloaks were the first things he could see to grab given how cold the women had been.

Shamus got out towels and began to help Manny to stand up.  The water was getting warmer.  He wrapped a towel around his shoulders and then put another over that across the front of him.  Then he shut off the water and helped him step out.  He ran into the bedroom to get Manny's slippers and robe.  He returned and began to get Manny out of his wet clothes.  He wrapped him in his robe and helped him step into his slippers.

Joseph and Leviathan had left the bedroom. They passed the guy that none of them knew as he sat in the floor.  Neither of them paid him any mind.  They just headed for the stairs. They did not want to wait for the elevator.  Leviathan made it down the steps much faster than Joseph did.  But he was moving so fast that he stumbled a few steps.  When he reached the bottom, Levi was already waiting for him at the front doors to the Inn.  He ran to catch up to her.  He flung the door open and she darted out in the direction of the gardens.  Joseph was running as fast as he could, trying to catch up to her.

Shamus walked Manny into the bedroom and let him stand near the bed.  For all the struggles, it wasn't in too bad of shape.  She re-tucked one of the corners of the bottom sheet and pulled the top sheet and blankets back up onto the bed.  Then he pulled a plastic container from under the bed.  He procured an electric blanket from the container.  He plugged it in and turned it on.  Then he wrapped it around Manny and helped Manny sit on the side of the bed.  He was still shivering. 
"I'll be right back Manny."  Then he left the room.

Joseph and Levi were headed for the cabins that were located in the far reaches of the gardens. Shuda and Seleen's cabin to be exact.  Leviathan was running so fast that she nearly didn't stop in time.  As it was, she thudded against the door upon her arrival.  She turned her head to see how far Joseph was from reaching their destination.  Then she turned and rose up on her back legs.  She thudded both paws against the door, letting them slide down the door until she was again on all fours.

Shamus called Keven as he grabbed a pair of gloves from the closet.  If the other guy was there, Shamus didn't notice.  As he was instructing Keven to get Gwen back down to the room, he went to make a pot of coffee for Manny.  He hung up the phone and headed back into the bedroom.  He put the gloves on Manny and got him a pair of socks out of his drawer as well.  He put the socks on his feet and then put his slippers back on him.  That was the best he could do to try to warm him from the outside.  He went back and got him a big cup of steaming hot coffee.

Joseph reached the door and began to knock upon it. Three rapid knocks.  It was code.  He waited for a response, knowing that the couple was most likely awake, and praying that they were even home.  Shuda's car and
Seleen's motorcycle were in the stables, so Joseph wouldn't have seen them to know if they were there or not.  But even if they were, that didn't exactly mean the couple was home. 

Both men had done everything they could until someone else did something.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt. Seleen Darkite Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Seleen had heard the thud at the door when Leviathan had hit it.  She got up off the couch and lifted Kaa in her arms.  She put him in his crate and closed the sliding glass door.  She was headed back to the front door when she heard the three knocks.  Her slow, leisurely pace quickened then.

In less than a second, she wasn't that far from the door, she flung the door open.  She was greeted by a pouncing panther.  She caught the cat in her arms, having to step back with her right leg for balance, and held her for a moment.  She looked at the very winded Joseph and started to set Leviathan down. "What has happened?  Have they found Venis?" Already she was wondering what she was going to need in order to handle the situation.

She stepped back and opened the door wider so that Joseph could come in and tell her what was going on.  It took him a couple of minutes and a few pauses while still trying to catch his breath before he got out the entire message from Tasha. "Shit.  Help yourself to something to drink."  She said, pointing to the kitchen.

She dashed from the living room to the bedroom to change clothes.  Shuda was in the shower.  She went in and told him what was going on and kissed him goodbye.  Then she changed into her leather pants and a leather vest.  She dashed back into the living room and got her socks and boots on.  Then she headed over to the desk.  She opened the drawer on the bottom left of the desk and pulled out a lock box.

Using a key, she opened the box.  She pulled out a pair of hand guns.  She picked up two clips for the guns.  They were loaded with silver tipped bullets that contained silver nitrate. She slammed the clips home and pulled out her holsters.  She put the holsters on and slid the guns home. "Shuda knows you're here, he's going to bed when he's done in the shower.  So please lock up when you leave."  She grabbed her trench coat out of the closet by the door and grabbed up the two cloaks that Joseph had brought with him.

She was as ready as she could be for the situation at hand. "Come on Levi." She held the door for the cat, then stepped out behind her. "Ok girl, show me the way and try to keep up."  Then she waited for Leviathan to have Tasha's scent or catch a feel for her or whatever it was that the pair of cats had between them that would tell Leviathan which way to go. When the cat took off, so did she.  They headed, hopefully, in the direction of where Tasha was.
Lt. Seleen Darkite
Lt. Seleen Darkite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum