StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath)

2 posters

Go down

Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) Empty Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath)

Post by Gwendolan Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:44 am

It had been a very long, very exhausting, very confusing day. She was cold, hungry, dirty. They had just returned to the Inn and she was slowly making it to her room. Manny was there, she had to tell him what was going on before she did anything else. She opened the door to her room and hung up the coat she was carrying in the closet before she looked around for Manny.

"I am back."

She knew that even her soft voice would attract his attention if he was awake.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) Empty Re: Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath)

Post by Manny Costas Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:17 am

Manny came out of the bathroom with a paper towel in his hands. He was drying his hands after having just washed them. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a big over sized t-shirt. It used to be tighter, but he had been trying to get in shape before the wedding. He didn't want to be too fat.

He saw his beautiful bride to be and paused in his steps and his drying of his hands. "Oh my Gods. Sweetheart, are you alright?" He was confused. She was wearing pants, and she looked as though she had been run over by a train. Figuratively of course. He quickly moved to hold her close.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath) Empty Re: Confusion (closed this is an offshoot of The Aftermath)

Post by Gwendolan Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:41 am

Gwen took one look at Manny and let everything out she started crying as she wrapped her arms around him. It was a while before she regained her composure. She was glad he was awake and there to great her.

"Manny it was horrible; there is an evil inside of her it is growing. She is not the Goddess of protection at the moment. She is evil; there was something with her; something evil."

She wiped the last of the tears from her eyes.

"She threatened Lady Casandra; I believe she would actually have killed her if pushed to far. Lady Casandra is here now she is going to get Master JonLouis and Emilia. She sent me back here to let you know what was going on."

She moved away from Manny for a moment.

"I am hungry, tired, and in need of a bath. I want out of these pants."

She looked down at the floor.

"And I want to understand what happened. "
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:19 am

Manny held her tightly and let her cry it out. He knew something had her upset and she would tell him in her own time. Which happened to be a short time later. After she had thoroughly cried it out on his shoulder.

He listened to everything she said, never interrupting her. And when she was done speaking, he scratched the side of his head and scrunched his face up. He was very uncomfortable with the situation at hand now.

He took her hand in his and began to lead her to the bathroom.
"Come on, let me draw you a bath and bring you a snack, then I have a story to tell you." He smiled gently to cover up the pain he knew was coming.

He started the water in the bathtub, and poured some of her favorite relaxing bath oils into the water. He knew she would need to be calm and relaxed for this. He let her get undressed while the tub filled up.

Once she was in the tub he smiled and went to the kitchen. He made a plate of fresh fruits and cheeses for her. Just a healthy snack until she was out of the tub and rested. Then she could eat something better.

He took the plate in to the bathroom and set it on a rack that would sit over her lap in the tub like a tray made for breakfast in bed. Then he set the rack in the tub over her lap and pulled up a chair to sit by her.

He got her bath sponge and her soaps down from the shower caddy before sitting down in the chair. From where he sat, he could help her wash up while she snacked. And he could tell her about Venis' evil past.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:14 am

She followed him into the bath room and stripped off the heavy winter clothing she was still so very confused. She slipped into the bathtub and closed her eyes. The oils were very relaxing. She was soaking in the tub when Manny came back with cheese and fruit. When he handed down the sponge and soap she washed her hands before eating some of the cheese and fruit.

"Manny what would make this change in Venis? I did not feel the evil when I was there before. The keep stinks of it now. Someone or something did this to her. I could almost see another entity with her. It was feeding on her anger and frustration. And fear; she is afraid her grad-daughter is dead."

She looked up at him before she picked up a grape and poped it into her mouth.

"There have been accidents when she tried to leave; a fire in one of the barns; a cave in from the work that was being done to the catacombs. Both killed people. The sink hole destroyed Kyra's house. Venis doesn't know if she was there."

She took another piece of cheese before sliding the tray away and putting soap on the sponge.

"From what we have heard and what Lady Casandra learned from a Dr she talked to on her way to the castle odd accidents have been happening the past week or so since Venis got there."

She looked at him her eyes still red. She normally did not talk this much but she felt that Manny needed to know exactly what was going on.

"When we got to the castle she was looking for one of the magic talking boxes you use to call people. Apparently they are not working either. Something is trying to cut her off from anyone outside."

She was done for now she began to scrub the travel dirt off her body.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:25 am

Manny was in shock for a moment. He wasn't sure if she was ready to hear this. But she had to know. Especially if they were going to have kids someday. Because they would have to know too. But what was throwing him was the fear. She said Venis was afraid. "Did you say fear? Oh no. For Venis ... Fear is the root of all evil. Oh man ... I don't think you're going to like this story very much dear." Oddly enough, that was the absolute truth.

He took the sponge from her to wash her back for her. As long as he kept busy, he wouldn't be too bad while telling the story. If he had to just sit and talk, he was liable to get lost in the memories of his parents telling the story and getting upset. "When Venis was in her early twenties, I don't remember exactly when, but she was changed into a vampire. I think she was twenty-one when she was changed, but the problem came later."

"A few years after she was changed, she began to show the true darkness that comes with the absence of a soul. Of course, for her, it was amplified by her father's lust for the power of dark magic. It runs in her blood. Well, ran. But anyway. Her mother being a white witch, a Wiccan, wasn't enough to keep her from going beyond evil as a vampire. She started making more vampires. Males, who would do her bidding no matter what the cost."

"Venis' sire, Radu, wanted to protect his ancestor's land from impending invasion. So he got Venis to join up with him and build him an army. But the men would only answer to her. Radu was fine with it for the most part. They left his ancestor's home with an army of thirty-five or something like that. They started invading villages in neighboring kingdoms. But they didn't just take over. They raped and killed and destroyed everything."

He hated telling this story. He had hoped it would have been able to be delayed until he had to tell the next generation."Venis would pick out a few men who fit the criteria for a soldier in her army if there were any, then everyone else died. Including small children. And she was cruel about it apparently. But I will spare you the few details I was told. But the didn't stop in the neighboring kingdoms. They spread out across the whole continent."

"Eventually, Venis got bored and wanted to go home. The first castle they had overthrown they had taken as their own. And she had yet to spend even a days rest in it. And it had been almost a hundred years. But apparently Radu didn't want to go home. He didn't want the tirade to end. When Venis asked him why, he said he wanted to extinguish the human race. And with as evil as Venis was, even she knew that was a very, very bad idea."

"Venis knew that without humans, there would be no food, there would be no one to guard them while they slept during the day. Venis is very selfish when she is like this. Self preservation is very important to her. She wanted to make sure that she was going to be able to survive, which meant the humans had to live too. That was when she went to The Vampire Council. She had told Radu that she and Seleen had something to deal with."

"Seleen is the only female she ever created. But they went to the council, and the council agreed with them. So they deliberated for some time, and the only thing they could come up with was making her even more powerful. That way she could kill Radu and survive his death. And there was only two ways to do this. One way was to turn her into a lych. Which would make her uncontrollably evil. Not that she's controllable now."

He shivered at the thought of her being a lych. "The other way was to make her a God. But the other God's needed proof that she was worthy of such power. So they gave her thirty days to win ninety-eight of one hundred battles. They called them spars, but there were deaths. She won ninety-nine of the battles. And she did have to take lives as well. At the time though, it didn't effect her like it does now. What happens now came later."

"After she went through the battles, and a ceremony that only she and Seleen know about, other than the rest of the council of course. But she returned to Radu, where he was with the army. And when he woke for the night, Venis had sent her army home, and it was just her and Radu there. She told him what she had done and he went ballistic. They got into a fight. And Venis killed him. When she struck that last blow, she combusted."

"Being a vampire, she was scared of the flames that consumed her. Until she noticed that they weren't hurting her. But then as soon as Radu had completely expired, she became violently sick. She went back to the council and told them what had happened. And how she had staked him, cut off his head, burned him, and spread his ashes in two bodies of water. They dubbed her the Goddess of Fire and protection, you know the rest."

At least he thought she knew the rest. Because the rest was that extreme emotions caused her to be ill and her own extreme emotions caused her to combust. And how if she took a life, it made her sick to her stomach. Violently so. And Manny was visibly shaken having had to tell the story. "We have to find a way to stop her, before it happens again." He had never been told how to stop her cause she hadn't gone evil after that.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:28 am

Gwen nodded when he asked.

"I said fear she was afraid."

Why would she not like the story. She did not say anything as he took the sponge from her and began to wash her back. She closed her eyes and started to relax till he began.

The story started out much like she knew it would Venis was turned she had an army; it was what Venis had done with that army that made her upset. She pulled her legs in to her chest bending them at the knees. She wrapped her arms around them. She laid her head on her knees . She looked at the water trying to concentrate on his words.

How had she not seen the evil. She always saw such things in people. Venis had some but most people did.Rape; murder; killing of women and children?

She was soon rocking back and forth. He was right she hated this story. Everything she thought she knew was different. How could someone she knew and cared about be so evil and her not know it.

She listened to the rest of the story with tears falling; tears for the loss of the innocent. She heard him say that they had to stop her and looked up.

"We have to wait; Lady Casandra said to stay here; right now I am scared. I do not know if I want to go back yet maybe not ever."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:01 am

Manny nodded as he listened to Gwen speak of Casie being there and her saying for them to stay at the Inn. "Casie will tell us if it is as bad as all that." He did have responsibilities to take care of if Venis was that far gone.

He stopped washing her back to take the tray of food. Then he got undressed and slid into the water behind her, even though he had just showered. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close to comfort her.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:13 am

Gwen looked at Manny and than watched as he removed the tray and his clothes and slid into the tub behind her. She leaned back against him. They talked for a while longer. When the water started to get cold Manny washed her hair for her. When she was clean he helped her out of the tub and dried her off before picking her up and taking her to bed.

Gwen was so tired she curled up to Manny when he got in the bed next to her and fell asleep.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum