StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
A bit of a distraction <open> EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
A bit of a distraction <open> EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
A bit of a distraction <open> EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
A bit of a distraction <open> EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
A bit of a distraction <open> EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
A bit of a distraction <open> EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
A bit of a distraction <open> EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
A bit of a distraction <open> EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
A bit of a distraction <open> EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

A bit of a distraction <open>

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A bit of a distraction <open> Empty A bit of a distraction <open>

Post by Inion Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:05 am

Inion had been out shopping all day but had most of the items delivered to the kitchen at the inn. She had left a note for the boys letting them know she had a project she would be doing and if they could just leave the deliveries with her name on them all together out of the way and that she would be in late in the evening or very early in the morning to invade the kitchen and take over parts of it. The note was cheerful and even had a kiss print on the bottom.

When Inion arrived in the kitchen it was well past midnight but not yet dawn. For what she had planned it was the perfect time. All her deliveries had arrived and where neatly stacked out of the way. Dressed in jeans and a form fitting t-shirt and hair braided out of the way, she got to work sorting her supplies. She needed a distraction and time in the kitchen was perfect, the reason she was in the big kitchen and not hers was because she needed a bigger place to work. She had brought a few things with her not knowing what the kitchne had or didn't and these things were unpacked first. The inn had the usual working kitchen items which was good, but Inion didn'twant to hog them all and knew that she would need more then one of some items. Watching her new and seeing everything she was setting up, people would think she was taking over completely and setting up shop. She was doing her best to stay as much out of the wasy possivle since she knew whoever had kitchen duty would be in to start things for the morning. Once everything was unpacked she put on a cute Joan Cleaver style apron, played with her ipod for a moment before popping the earbuds into her ears.

Six large slow cookers where set up first, equal shares of cubed were placed in each along with beer, beef broth, and spices, for 3 of them that was all they got for the moment, but the other 3 got more spices, just the right amount for chili. Inion put the lids on and double checked them then moved on to the next task. She had 6 bread makers out and ready, she didn't use them to bake the bread but had found them very useful in mixing and rising the dough. A couple of the breads had honey in them and while adding it to the mixture she got some on her hand, as she finished up the the mixtures she licked the honey off and a warm smile spread across her face. It touched her eyes in a way that no one had seen in a long time, she was remembering a memory from long ago when Ary's father and her were newly mated. Even back then she loved to cook without magic and he would sometimes keep her company in the kitchen. ANytime she would get honey one her fingers Patrick would lick it off then say something silly about her being sweeter then the honey. This memory filled her with love and thats where the magic came in, it was the extra ingreditant. Not just some silly little saying it was true, those that ate what she made while feeling this way will feel that warm feeling of love also, not the fall madly feeling just that feeling of happy and true love. She worked quickly and in no time the odd noises from the machines filled the quiet room. Inion didn't like to use alot of magic when she cooked so there she as in the kitchen mixing ingrediants into a very large bowl by hand, singing softly along to the music of her ipod. Muffins were what she was working on now. One big basic batter then sorted into smaller batters for the differnet types she would make. So as not to hog the ovens too much, she baked in batchs and worked on other things inbetween. She moved on to the next task, fruit chopped and crusts made, she actually made small individual pies and tarts, those all set aside for baking and the tarts in the fridge. The cakes were next, same as the pies they were made as individaul ones and of course this meant cheese cakes as well. Cookies came last since they cooked the fastest. Her next task was to finish adding things to the slow cookers,sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes, and onions went into 3 of them with spices to complete a stew. The other three got beans, tomatoes, onions and spices to make chili. On the stove she started a pot of itailan red sauce letting it simmer gently.

When the baking was done and everything was cooling, she realized that it was a good time to take a break before finishing touches were done. She looked over things and realized she may have gone over board. There was a dozen loaves of bread in different types, a dozen of each type of muffins, dozen of each cake, tarts and such and several dozens of cookies. Well atleast there was plenty and with the freshness spell everything will be good long enough for everything to be enjoyed. She stretched and took off her apron and decided to make herself something to eat. A glance out the window surprised her, she had not realized that the sun had risen and it was well into breakfast time.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

A bit of a distraction <open> Empty Re: A bit of a distraction <open>

Post by Drake Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:30 am

The sun poked its way into his room shining its light onto his face. After a few moments he let out a big yawn and scratched the top of his head. He had been there for a little while now and no one has tried to find him, which was a good thing. With that he removed the covers from him and groggily moved his feet over the bed and placed them on the floor, pushing himself off the bed with his hands he slowly walked over to the bathroom, turning on the light he looked at himself. Now he just did his normal morning routine of using the bathroom, taking a shower and then brushing his teeth. But he coudl say this trying to wash his wings was a pain.

Once he was finally done with his morning ritual, He went back to the bedroom part of his room and put on a pair of black pants, a shirt that he just picked out and socks and shoes. "Well it is time for me to get something to eat." He said to no one as he walked over to the door opening it up, walking through and closing and locking it behind him. He decided to take the stairs as he was still yawning.

Once he got to the first floor he slowly made his way over to the kitchen area where he sat down on the bar stool at the bar waiting for whoever was in the kitchen to come out and ask for what he wanted. He could tell that someone was cooking from the great smell that was coming from the kitchen. He could say this about this place, it was stocked with almost everything that any could ever want. So he waited for a few minutes before he got impatient and walked over to the door to the kitchen. He gave it a knock before he poked his head in. "U....excuse is anyone here?" He said about before he noticed the lady in there. "Oh I do apologize. I did not mean to interrupt your cooking."
Drake
Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:48 am

Shamus and Joseph were on shift when Inion's groceries arrived in the kitchen. The delivery man gave the note to Shamus before he brought the packages in. Shamus read the note and nodded to the man. The packages were brought in and stacked on a table at the far end of the room.

When they had all been brought in and put where they were to go, Joseph gave the delivery guy five gold as a tip and thanked him. The delivery guy left with a rather large smile upon his face. After all, five gold was enough to pay for a week in a fifth floor suite in the Inn. A good tip.

Shamus and Joseph went about making sure that the kitchen was clean and there was stock taken of the items in the cold storage and the pantry. The bar was rather slow at that time of the morning. And they had no way of seeing or hearing a customer if they were taking stock.

When Inion came into the kitchen both men were within the kitchen proper. Joseph washing dishes and Shamus washing counters. They both looked over to her and smiled. Joseph left the sink and dried his hands. "Hi sweety. You're stuff is right over there." He kissed her cheek.

As he returned to the sink to put dishes away Shamus walked over to her. He hugged her and gave her a gentle chaste kiss. "Good morning beautiful. If you need any help, just ask." He smiled as he returned to his clean-up. But he was more than ready to do any heavy lifting she might need.

The two of them worked around Inion to get their work done, not wanting to get in her way. The wonderful smells were filling the kitchen. And soon they waifed out into the bar. Joseph got his hand popped for sticking a finger into some cookie dough. He had a weakness for cookies.

The men were done with their work at around four thirty in the morning. So they propped open the door that lead to the bar and sat in the kitchen making small talk with Inion while she worked. They had an hour and a half to kill and she hadn't needed too much help. She had it under control.

At six am, it was shift change and almost sunrise. Sunrise was about half an hour to forty-five minutes away. Shamus gave her another hug and kiss as he headed out to go to bed. "Let me know if you want me to come over later." They were just friends, but there were benefits.

Joseph kissed her cheek again and they headed out. They let the kitchen door close behind them. They had eaten something small as they had been sitting there talking with her. They didn't want a lot of food given they were headed to bed when they got off work. But they were still full.

Ivan and Andrew were the two who were coming onto shift at six am. When they came into the kitchen they found Inion there. She was almost done. The kitchen was full of goodies. "My my, did we take care of breakfast and dessert this morning sweety?" Ivan always loved the smell of Inion.

It was well known amongst the Goddess' entourage that Inion always smelt wonderful. Her scent was different to everyone. To Ivan she always smelt like spring rain. It always made him want to go riding. Which put an idea in his head for later in the day, a ride with a lovely woman.

Andrew closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. "I'm not sure which smells better, Inion or the food." He chuckled at that before he went over and kissed her cheek. Ivan kissed her cheek as well. The men had a tendency to take some familiar liberties with Inion, even though she was a lady.

It was a privilege that Venis' entourage had earned through several years of loyal service. They were allowed certain liberties with Lady Inion, Goddess Venis, Lady Casandra, Lady Tasha, and Lady Seleen that others were not. The five women weren't big on standing on formality unless they had to.

Ivan and Andrew were chatting with Inion and getting out things to make breakfast while she ate. Ivan had gone into the cold storage to get milk and juice, and Andrew had gone into the pantry to get oatmeal when the early riser arrived at the bar. They were both still talking to Inion as well.

When the man who had been waiting at the bar knocked upon the door and opened it, it was mere seconds before the two men would re-enter the kitchen proper from their retrievals. Ivan saw the man when he came out of the cold storage and smiled. "Good morning sir. How can we help you?"

Andrew came out of the pantry and put the box of oatmeal down on the counter. "I'll take care of is Ivan. It's your turn to make eggs." He motioned towards the bar area. He was walking towards the man in the doorway. "Right this way sir." He would go out to the bar and take the guys order.

Ivan got busy making eggs. He was waiting for Andrew to return with the gentleman's order. "You want to stay in here or should we all eat at the bar this morning?" He smiled at her. The two men usually ate at the bar, and would again today, unless Inion wanted to stay in the kitchen.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:01 am

(It may seem like I am back tracking just a bit, but I can't resist responding to the boys :-)

Inion returned the kiss with one on the cheek also. She was never shy about hugs and friendly kisses in a causal everyday setting. Of course Shamus got a bit more then a friendly kiss. Once ethey were back to thier work she went about hers, even with music in her ears she still chatted with them and could here everything. And yes Joseph got his hand smacked with a spoon for sneaking into the cookie dough Inion of course laughed and secretly set aside some cookies just for him. She was glad for the company and as Joseph and Shamus left for thier beds she gave them kisses and to Shamus she gave him a wink "Call me, I might still be here company is always welcome." She gave him a extra kiss and when they left she returned to work.

As the next shift came in she gave them kisses also, her laughter filled the air "well breakfast and dessart for now, but" she pointed to the slow cookers "dinner or lunch is in the works now." She laughed at Andrew "Oh you say the sweetess things." she worked around them, chatting with them also.

Then a feeling hit her, someone nearby , there was a magic to him that she was sure only she could feel at the moment. Her relic whispered to her even before the voice from the door was heard. She looked up at the newcomer with a welcome smile "Good morning, please you are not interrupting anything." She watched as Ivan and Andrew both addressed the young man. She grabbed herself a plate of breakfast and moved out to the bar giving Ivan a grin "a break fromt eh kitchen will be nice.

She sat down next to the young gentleman and smiled at him. "so you are new here, welcome. I am Inion," She only wear a small glamour so anyone could tell she was a fairy even without her wings showing.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 am

He looked over at the two men, gave a slight smile as he walked over to the bar counter and answered. "Um.......just a normal breakfast I guess. I do not really know what you guys are making today." It was then when he looked back at the lady and smiled. "Ok that is good." Is all he said before he saw her sit next to him, he flattened his wings on his back a little bit more so that they did not touch her. He knew some people did not like that. When she spoke again he gave a little chuckle and nodded. "Yes, I have only been here a few weeks." He then nodded at her again. "I'm Drake." After a moment of looking at her he realized that she was like him so he relaxed a little bit more.
Drake
Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:19 am

Inion did not mind the wings, though hers where tucked away for convience. They did get in the way while cooking. "It is a pleasure to meet you Drake. I hope you are enjoying your stay here." Her elbow rested on the bar her chin on that hand as she smiled at him "don't let the quietness fool you though, we do like to have fun." She watched him relax. She met a very few male fairies, he was as rare a creature as she was. She almost reached out to touch his wings, but resisted knowing that most people had a thing about personal space upon first meeting. In this casual setting the hugs and small kisses to the other men was very normal for her, she has known them for quite some time now. With Drake she was much more reserved and offered him a warm smile for now.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:50 am

He just gave a slight smile. "I am enjoying my stay here. It is better than some of the other places that I have been at. " He just smiled again and nodded ."Actually I do not mind the quite......to be honest." He just sat there looking over at her. "So tell me what brings you down so early to start cooking?" It was an honest enough question. With talking to her he let his wings relax even more. He normally did not do that but since he sensed that she was a fairy herself he figured that she would not mind that his wings were open a bit more.
Drake
Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:06 am

She glanced down at her plate and nibbled on some the the pancake she had covered in butter nad syrup, then looked back at him and shurged. "I needed a bit of distraction and cooking relaxes me. What brought you done here so early most of the guests tend to sleep in..." She started to laugh,"well the ones that are here for a vacation do I guess. I can't say what the ones that call the Inn home do." She took another bit of her pancakes.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:54 am

As Andrew ushered their guest out to the bar, Ivan got started on breakfast. There was a list of nineteen people who they usually fixed breakfast for. Sometimes twenty if Eros was hungry. And when Shuda and Seleen came back from their honeymoon it would add one more. So they would never notice cooking breakfast for one more. Especially given Inion had already gotten her breakfast. So they still stood at twenty.

When Andrew heard the gentleman exclaim that he had no special request for breakfast it added him to the list of the standard breakfast. Eggs were being broken into several frying pans on the stove. Each one was mixed slightly and piles of ingredients were being added. Ivan was adding meats and vegetables to them, different things to each one. And he was scrambling the ingredients within the eggs quickly.

Andrew came back in and started popping toast into the toasters. Some of the people would get muffins, others would get toast made with the fresh bread that Inion had made. After all, they couldn't let it go to waste. They had a good idea of who would prefer what. Save for the man at the bar. Him, they would have to ask. So Andrew popped his head out of the door. "Sir, toast or muffin?" An answer would send him back.

The eggs were getting divided up amongst the twenty plates that had been set out upon the longest of counters. Hot buttered toast or fresh baked muffins were added to the plates. Two gallons of milk were used to fill some of the cups. A gallon of orange juice, a gallon of apple juice and a half gallon of pomegranate juice filled the other glasses. Each plate was set upon a tray with utensils and napkins along side of it.

The trays took up both shelves of two rolling carts. The cups of milk and juice filled up another cart on the top. Sauces and condiments and seasonings such as salt and pepper filled the bottom of that third cart. Lids were placed on the plates to keep the food warm and Andrew set out with one cart of food and the drink cart. He stopped at the bar first. He pushed the carts to where the gentleman could see them.

He lifted a lid to show the food beneath. "We have ham and mushroom, ham and green peppers, sausage and onion, bacon and onion, a spicy sausage called churriso, and a meat lovers that has all the meats and the mushrooms." He set each lid down after showing it's contents. "And we have milk, Orange Juice, Apple Juice or Pomegranate Juice." He waited for the mans choices. After all, he had dibs being at the bar.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:05 am

He just chuckled a little bit as he looked at her. "Well I forgot to close the curtains last night as it was looking outside and well the sunlight is what woke me up. I would have probably slept in a little bit longer if that was not the case." He then saw the man come up to him and he listened quietly before he said his response. "Um I guess I will have toast then." After a few moments he saw the man again and this time with a whole lot of food and he just chuckled. "I guess I will take the meat lovers and pick out the mushrooms." Yeah he did not like mushrooms if he did not need to eat them. "Oh and I would like some Orange juice please." Now he just waited for the man to give him the food, so with that he turned back around to Inion "So what brings you to this Inn?"
Drake
Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:12 pm

She laughed warmly, "Yes the sun shining through the window does tend to hamper sleeping in." She waited politely as he picked out his breakfast, giving Andrew a wink. Of course she would have just put a fork full of pancake into her mouth as he asked her what brought her to this inn. This did give her a chance to think of why she was her while she chewed. "mmm I came here because of the garden. Have you been to the gardens yet they are beautiful. My family and I were looking for a place that rented out cottages or large rooms and this place was recommanded. We have a cottage out in the gardens."
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:02 am

Andrew nodded to the gentleman and lifted a few lids on some plates. He found a meat lovers with toast and placed it upon the bar in front of him. Then he retrieved a tall glass of cold Orange Juice and put it with the plate. He placed out a napkin with a fork, knife, and spoon upon it. And then gave him a little salt shaker with a pepper grinder attached to the bottom.

He smiled at the man again. "Would you like any hot sauce or jam or anything else with that sir? Inion, do you need anything?" He would give anything the man asked for before he would head out. Inion as well. They could have asked for just about anything, there was even ketchup amongst the condiments, and horseradish sauce as well. Some people had unusual tastes.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:44 pm

He nodded at the man thanking him. "No thank that is fine." He picked up a fork and started to cut the omelet, After he was done cutting it he put down the fork and grabbed the glass of orange juice and took a sip before answering her. "Actually I did take a quick look around the place I did stop a few times but I think I have only seen a little portion of the gardens. It is really big." He gave a little chuckle before he took the fork up again and stabbed a piece of the omelet and putting it into his mouth.
Drake
Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:56 am

Oddly she was eating rather quickly because she know that she had things to check on in the kitchen. Just as she finished chewing a bite she looked over at him. "It took me a while to explore the whole garden, I am not sure I have seen it all myself yet." She looked back into the kitchen and sniffed the air, everything seemed fine at them moment so she relaxed.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Wed May 19, 2010 4:49 am

Andrew nodded his head and took his cart as he headed out of the bar area. He was off to make deliveries of breakfast to all those who resided within the Inn and had been placed on the list. That included Venis' entourage and a few others. He also took food to Tokeda and Kanna. It was the least he could do.

Meanwhile, Ivan finished cleaning up the mess he had made when making breakfast. He pulled a pan out of the oven for Inion and set it to cool. Then he grabbed up his plate and headed out of the kitchen to the bar. He didn't want to interrupt their conversation so he just grabbed his drink and sat down to eat.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:34 am

Inion finished her meal and gave a big stretch. She needed to finish the things she had started. Heading toward the kitchen again "you are welcome to come in the kitchen when you are finished eating so we might talk more. I need to finish a few things but always enjoy the company."

once back in the kitchen she busied herself with finishing everything. It would take a few more hours but y the time she finished there was lots of contaners that held the fixings to make quick indivual meals anytime someone was hungry. Fresh pastas, chili, stew, and lets not forget the bake goods that where decorated and finished up. Once everything was labeled and in its proper place she used magic to clean the mess she had created in the kitchen.

She told herself that she would pay attention to what was eaten and how well others liked the idea, then she just might this a weekly ritual.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Yi Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:08 pm

A short woman with long reddish brown hair and a little on the heavy side walked into the bar with luggage in tow, "No offense, Yi, but I am glad to be out of that cab."

An asian-looking gentleman, accompanied by a taller, blonde pale-skinned female elf, responded, "None taken, thanks for agreeing to share the fare, Rebekah."

"It was no problem at all, and it was truly a pleasure to meet both of you." Rebekah smiled, then turned to the elf, "I apologize for Levi's behavior, Sarah. He can be quite the... a handful."

Sarah blushed, "I've dealt with the likes of him many times, don't worry about it."

Another man walks into the room, about six feet tall with long black hair and a tan, muscular body. He was loaded with very heavy baggage, "Where should I put these?"

"Just set them in a corner by that big table over there, Levi." Rebekah called to him. "I want to get some breakfast before we check in. Yi, Sarah? Would you like to join us?"

The asian man and the elf nodded and smiled, "Certainly." Yi said. The two then headed to the table where Levi was heading with their luggage.

"Good call, Beck. I'm starving." Levi answered. Levi set the luggage down as he had been instructed then paused. He looked around for employees of the Inn, and finding none in sight at that moment. "Hmmm." he murmured.

"What is it?" Rebekah queried.

"I smell chili... and fairys!" Levi finally confessed.

Yi

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Inion finished cleaning up and was about to head out the back door when voices from the bar made her stop in mid step. Normally The boys would help them but she couln't remember if they were around or else where finishing the morning duties. She gave a sigh and a shurg of her shoulders and headed out of the kitchen and out into the bar area, it wasn't like she didn't want to help them, she just really wanted a shower.

With a smile on her face the human size fairy pushed through the kitchen doors and glanced around, "good morning and welcome to the Starry Myst. Can I help you today?" Her soft purple eyes looked over each person in the group She never judged anyone and the company they kept, who was she to do so anyway.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Yi Warrior Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Leviticus gestures towards Inion and nudges Rebekah, then whispers from the corner of his mouth, "That's her."

Rebekah looks over to Inion, then whispers back to Levi, "Who?"

Leviticus rolls his eyes at Rebekah's obliviousness, "The fairy."

"Oh, really? She's bigger than me!" Becky's eyes widened in disbelief.

Levi elbows his diminutive human friend a little harder, "SHH-" then walks over to Inion. He pauses, then smiles at Inion, "Please excuse my human friend. She is young in this universe and still has much to learn about proper etiquette in conversing with those of us who... tend to live longer lives than they." Leviticus chose his words carefully, not knowing Inion's age but knowing that most varieties of fairys, like demons, are known for having lifespans much longer than humans. Levi bowed slightly to the purple-eyed fairy standing before him, almost like an exaggerated nod which is a typical formal greeting for "civilized" demons and many vampire clans. "I am Leviticus of the Abysss, my colleague, Rebekah, and I are here on work-related business. Coincidentally, so are our new friends that have joined us." Levi motioned to Yi and Sarah. "We are weary of travel and seek sustenance and shelter." After a short pause, he continued, "We will check with the keeper shortly for available rooms, but we were hoping the kitchen was still open before doing so. In total there are two humans, one elf and myself." A wide, toothy grin spread across Levi's face. Then a small start, "Oh, I am correct in assuming that you work here?"
Yi Warrior
Yi Warrior

http://www.kongregate.com/games/xdanond/anime-character-maker-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:49 am

Of course Inion could hear the whispers but out of politiness she didn't say anything about it. She listened to the man that had approached her and with a warm polite smile and a wave of her hand her musical voice carried through the air, "no worries I have been around humans long enough to know that most only know of the pixie type of my kind. The shock of seeing new things well with time wear off While you are here in Rhydin. The creatures of legends and tales that humans know live freely among each other and humans. She seems to have an excellant teacher in yourself."

Inion returned the formal greeting and it was then that her wings twitched behind her, they looked very delicate and matched her eyes. As each person was introduced she gave them each a smile and nod. His explantion would account for the luggage still being with them. "It is a pleasure to meet you all I am Lady Inion de Solas Geal of D'ardaigh Ireland." She didn't give out her true title often, here she preferred to be just her and not her title. "I actually not employed by the inn but a guest of it, I just happen to enjoy cooking so I am helping out. Seeing as the two on duty have stepped out I can help you with the sustensance part. There is pretty much anything you want to eat as far as the normal human fare goes."
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Yi Warrior Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:41 am

"Excellent" Leviticus replied, "Rhydin, eh? I wasn't paying much attention to where we were going duing our travel. Hopefully I will have ample opportunity to..." Levi pauses and makes a hand gesture to his body, "get into a more comfortable form." He looked back at his table, then back to Inion. "Yes, Rebekah still has much to learn, not only of her own world but of others as well. It seems that proper introduction is in order." Leviticus steps towards the table where the others are to introduce them, the three of them look up at him. Levi makes a menacing facial expression indicitating that they should stand, which they do. "This is Lady Inion de Solas Geal of D'ardaigh Ireland," he tells the others. "She has graciously agreed to prepare a meal for us, although she is not officially a member of the staff here."

"Oh, thank you, Lady Inion." Rebekah answered. "May I have-" Leviticus cut off her order with a fierce glare.

Leviticus turned to Inion once more, "This is Special Adjunct Agent Rebekah Mackenzie of the U.S. Secret Service, formerly Rebekah of Los Angeles." Rebekah, realizing what was going on now, took the cue and curtseyed slightly.

Levi motions with his palm towards the Asian man, "This is Ambassador Kang-Dae Yi, Captain of the House of Yi Royal Guard and Chief of Intelligence and Security." Yi, also following cue, bows deeply to Inion.

"It is a great pleasure to meet you, Lady Inion." Yi said.

Levi acknowledged Yi wth a nod, then looked to Sarah, the elf. "Sarah Windstrider, advisor to the Hose of Yi Embassy..." Levi struggled a bit, not learning much about her during his brief acquaintance.

Sarah interrupted and took over her own introduction, "Sarah Windstrider, of the Windstrider Clan of the Cascades." Sarah smiled sweetly and performs an elaborate and graceful curtsey, looking much like a ballerina.

Leviticus smiled at the lot, "There we go, Inion" he said to the impromptu hostess. Addressing the table, Levi asked them, "Everyone okay with a 'typical' human-type breakfast?"

"Kimchi would be-" Yi started, cut off by another glare from Levi.

Leviticus turns to address Inion again, "Anything you wish to bring out would be delightful, Inion." He then added, "A generous portion of meat would be greatly... appreciated." Leviticus again smiled his toothy, and slightly creepy, grin.

Yi Warrior
Yi Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:27 pm

As she neared the party she was sure her scent hit them and it always made her smirk a abit and wonder just what she smelled like to each of them. She never asked though always let them tell her. Being a fairy her scent was different to each person she met all her scent was usually something that was warm and comforting to the person. She has been told she smelled like anything from spring rain to brownies. She listened quietly to the introductions, giving a nod to each person and of course a warm smile. She always wondered why so many people felt the need to be formal with her even when she didn't tell them her full title. She did take note how Leviticus took the lead role of the group.

"Please sit you have had a long journy. Give me a few minutes and I will have breakfast for you." A slight shift of her feet and she had turned, when her back was to them her wings were in full view even though they were closed and folded behind her . From that view one could tell they would be huge once fully open yet still so delicate looking.

Pushing the doors she was back in the kitchen and quickly set to work making breakfast. This time she used more magic to cook given that she wanted to get the food out fast. It was only a few minutes before she returned with a cart. at the table she tapped it and a from the middle a smaller round piece appeared and she started setting the dishes on it spinning it as she did. There was pancakes, hash browns, eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, a couple of steaks, pitchers with milk, juice or water and a pot of coffee. Plates, napkins, glasses and silverware appeared along with the varies condiments one usually used for breakfast. She slipped beside Yi and set on his plate a small covered bowl. "I found some tucked away in the kitchen" her grin was priceless, in the bowl was a some kimchi. She moved away to take the cart back to the kitchen.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Yi Warrior Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:38 pm

As Inion left for the kitchen, Yi gave Levi a perturbed look. "Who put you in charge?" he demanded.

"We are not in a place where humans are the most common of species. Eitquette and fomality is in order until we get a feel for where we are, did you not notice our hostess was a fairy?" Levi replied.

Yi turned quickly and caught a glimpe of Inion's wings as she disappeared into the kitchen, "Oh, wow. My apologies Mr. Leviticus."

"Levi is fine, we're all friends now, right?" Levi smiled.

Yi also smiled in kind. "Certainly. How far do you think we are from Rhydin?"

Levi covered his face with his palm momentarily. Slightly exasperated he answered, "We are in Rhydin."

Sarah interjected, "Fairies always make me homesick."

"How so?" Yi queried.

"Well, they usually smell like the forests of the Cascades... at least to me they do." Sarah, who is more in tune with the emotions of non-humans than most, added, "It is nice she had agreed to cook for us, but I feel she is tired and wants to go home or rest."

"We won't keep her very busy then," Rebekah chimed in. "Like the Cascades? In Washington state? She smelled like a breakfast bagel sandwich to me."

Sarah nodded, "Yes, the same. Fairies' scents differ from person to person, and being to being. It's part of their magic."

"I only smelled kimchi." Yi said, "That's what made me think they had some here. Do you suppose that's why I smelled it? What does she smell like to you, Levi?"

"Undescribable, but unique..." Levi stated. "I smelled her right away when we entered... If you excuse me for a moment I'm going to go quickly change."

Yi and Sarah nodded at Levi, Rebekah only looked puzzled at him as he stood up and walked outside.

"I didn't know there were elves in the Cascades." Rebakah told Sarah.

"Oh yes, fairies too, not like Inion but little pixie ones."

Both Rebekah and Yi gaped at this revelation.

Yi spoke, gesturing to Rebekah at Sarah, "I guess we both have a lot to learn about the world around us."

Sarah smiled, "And other worlds too."

Yi, further astonished, broke from his stun suddenly. In an instant he leapt with both feet to land on top of the table, drawing two tantos from his ankle sheaths in the maneuver. In a martial-arts fighting stance, he stared in near-horror at the door. A nine-foot tall demon was walking in, he had dark-red skin that was nearly brown, ram-like horns and extremely large bat-like wings. The demon was covered in frost and carrying a small stack of folded clothes.

Rebekah jumped at Yi's sudden movement, then turned to see what he was looking at. "Leviticus! Really? Seriously... really?"

Levi answered, "Whoa whoa whoa there, Yi. It's just me." Levi smiled at Rebekah, "Yes, really. Nothing wrong with being comfortable, is there?"

Shaking from adrenaline, Yi sheathed his weapons and sat back down. "Did you know he was a demon, Sarah?" He whispered.

Sarah nodded, "You didn't?"

Levi stacked his clothes with Rebekah's luggage then pulled his chair away from the table and sat on the floor with the rest of the group. His size allowed his to still be at a comfortable height for his meal.

"My apologies again, Levi. I didn't know." Yi finally said.

Levi waved his hands dismissively.

"Why are you so cold?" Yi asked.

"Thermodynamics... something about me, it's pretty intense. If I change into a larger form I get cold, smaller I get hot." Levi explained.

At this time Inion returned with a cart, she set the table with magic and flair. All four of them beamed. Inion presented Yi with a small bowl and said something the others didn't quite hear. Yi opened it to reveal a generous serving of kimchi to accompany his meal. Yi smiled even wider, "Thank you so much!" He then turned to Sarah, "I told you." Sarah rolled her eyes at this.

Rebekah spoke to catch Inion before she left with the cart, "Thank you for taking the time to do this for us. If you have a bill we won't keep you any longer."

Yi Warrior
Yi Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:31 am

The change in Levi didn't even really phase Inion when she was bring the breakffast. She turned to Rebekah and smiled "oh don't worry about a bill for breakfast this one is on the house. "

Inion returned from taken the cart back to the kitchen with a mug of hot chocolate in her hand and she sat down in one of the empty chairs at the table, "I hope you don't mind if I join you for a few mintues." She may have been a bit tired but something about this group interested her. "Sara you said your clan was from the Cascades, I have a place on one of the islands in the puget sound. I really love Washington. The island reminds me of my home in Ireland." At that moment her eyes twinkled and had almost a doe like quality and her accent got just a bit stronger.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Yi Warrior Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:26 am

"Oh that is very generous of you" Rebekah answered, suddenly realizing her currency might not be valid here anyway and felt a little relief.

When Inion returned, Yi said, "Of course we don't mind, it would be our pleasure and honor to have you join us." He then smiled at Inion, it was obvious his sentiment was genuine.

Leviticus grabbed the steaks and cut each into three pieces, "Bite size" he explained to Rebekah's look of disgust.

Sarah turned to Inion, responding to her question, "Yes! I did!" She was excited to hear about Inion being familiar with her home territory. "I have never been to Ireland, but I have been to the islands in the sound, I imagine it must be lovely there." Sarah's eyeslooked as if they were beginning to fill, "Yes, in spite of the roads and power lines the humans have built, my clan perseveres there still. There is stll a lot of land they havent bothered yet." Sarah stabbed he fork around her plate half-heatedly for a moment, then continued. "I love it there in the early mornings the best, to see the mist hug the mountainsides. I really should get back some time." Sarah chuckled, "With all my abilities and extensive studying in teleportation magic, I really have no excuse, do I?"

Leviticus, his mouth full with the last 'bite' of steak starts eyeing some of the ham. "Inion, this is delicious"

Yi and Rebekah voiced their agreement and helped themselves to some more of the ham and sausage while they still had the chance. Yi gestured to Levi the remainder of the meat left on the plate. Levi smiled, showing almost his entire first row of teeth and took the offered plate.

Levi paused a moment, "Sarah? Meat?"

Sarah shook her head, she wasn't vegetarian but she did not eat meat very often. "Thanks for the offer though." She looked back to Inion and inquired, "Tell me about your home"

Yi Warrior
Yi Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next