StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Just walking around (open) EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Just walking around (open) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Just walking around (open) EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Just walking around (open) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Just walking around (open) EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Just walking around (open) EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Just walking around (open) EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Just walking around (open) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Just walking around (open) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

Just walking around (open)

3 posters

Go down

Just walking around (open) Empty Just walking around (open)

Post by Drake Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:52 am

He had been up in his room for a few days, changing little things here and there about the way that he looked. After he made sure that everything looked right in the mirror, he walked over to he window and put his hands on the seal looking out onto the garden. "Well so far so good, nobody has come here to look for me, I guess this place really is that well protected." He pushed his hands off of the seal and went to his bed and put on his shoes. "Well I guess it is time for me to take a look around this place. Maybe I should go to the gardens first." He got off his bed and walked over to the door, he folded his wings in making sure they did not touch the door frame. After he closed his room door he softly walked down the stairs to the first floor, he walked over to the backdoor and walked outside. He put his hand over his face to block out the sunlight as his eyes adjusted. After a few moment he took his first steps off the backdoor stairs and just went quitely walking through the garden until he got to the flowers where he stopped to look at a few of the black ones.
Drake
Drake

Back to top Go down

Just walking around (open) Empty Re: Just walking around (open)

Post by Catrina "Cat" Masterson Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:56 am

((I am so sorry about the delay. I am so far behind and I no longer have the luxury of staying on the boards 24/7. But I wanted to make time to get to this too. Thanks for your patience.))

"I'm telling you, I haven't seen him around lately." The purple Pindragon was arguing with her companion. She was usually the woman's voice of reason. Someone had to be. "I think he left. But if you want to be sure, just ask the Inn Keeper. He would know for sure, don't you think?" Penelope shook her head as she swatted at some flowers with her tail.

She was sitting on the ground leaning up against a tree. "I suppose you're right. If I want to know that badly, I should ask." She hated when Pen was right. It was rather unnerving sometimes. Her knee was bent and she was drawing on the leg of her jeans with an ink pen. It was a bad habit that she had picked up when she was in high school. It washed out.

Pen was watching her, shaking her head. she had never understood the compulsion to draw on ones clothing. Of course, she had never understood wearing clothing either. It was a dragon thing. "Meanwhile, do you really think that ..." She was stopped mid-sentence when she heard the grass crunching under footsteps. She looked around to see who it was.

"That what?" She looked up from her doodling to look at the Pindragon. She saw that Pen was looking for something. So she looked off in the direction that the dragon was looking She saw a man a few feet away. He seemed to be admiring some black flowers. "Oh, hello there. Lovely day, yes?" He had black wings that were simply gorgeous.

She smiled at him as she sat up from the tree. She straightened out her blue sweater as she sat up straight. Her hair was stuck on the trunk of the tree. Her long brown locks were tangled in the cracks of the tree bark and she couldn't pull them free. She was pulling and twisting in an attempt to try though. It was rather frustrating to say the least.
Catrina
Catrina "Cat" Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:30 am

((It is ok, I have been working a lot lately so I have not had that much time myself.))

He was startled to say the least when he heard the voice a few feet from him. He turned around seeing a lady there and gave her a makeshift smile. "Yes it would seem that way doesn't?" He just looked at her for a moment as she tried to get her hair out of the bark of the tree. "Here let me help." He was not one to help people much but this seems like if he did not help that some of her hair would get taken by the tree. He slowly moved his hand up concentrating on the ends of her hair, and with that the end of the hair started to reverse itself off of the bark of the tree. After the hair fell from from the bark of the tree he gave her another smile. "There you go I think that should do well enough." He hoped that inn was protected well enough so that they would not be able to tell what he did.
Drake
Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrina "Cat" Masterson Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:34 am

Catrina smiled as her hair began to fall to her back. She blushed slightly with embarrassment for getting it caught in the first place. Once all the hair had fallen free, and there was a lot of it to fall, she smiled even more. "Thank you very much kind sir." She nodded to him politely.

She rose from her place upon the ground and dusted herself off. "My name is Catrina, Cat to most. This is Penelope." She motioned to her pindragon companion. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." She moved slowly towards him with her hand extended, not wanting to scare him.

Penelope spread her wings slowly and bowed her head. "Greetings." She was usually a dragon of few words when meeting someone new. It was sometimes hard to tell how someone would react to a dragon speaking to them. Common wasn't usually a dragons language of choice either.
Catrina
Catrina "Cat" Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:44 am

Humans have this thing called 'The Butterfly Effect' though some call it 'The Ripple Effect'. Either way, the gist of the theory is that anything that happens in the world causes ripples or winds that spread out around it and effect the world within it's path. Think, if you will, of a pond. Smooth as glass, not a ripple in sight. Perfectly calm and serene and undisturbed at all.

Now, drop a stone into said pond and watch the ripples spread out from the spot of the stones entrance into the water. When you try this with different sized stones, you get different sized ripples, and they go out and away for different distances. The bigger the stone, the bigger the ripples and the farther they go. Sometimes they could go for miles, other times, inches.

Now, imagine that the pond is actually the air that surrounds everyone and everything. And included in that everyone and everything is a woman who was born a witch, then turned into a vampire, only to later become a Goddess. Anything and everything that is mystical and magical that is dropped into the air would send out ripples. And she would feel them.

Now that woman, who is so sensitive to those ripples, would be Venis Celestial Sanderson Crow Asgard Jordianthan. The vampire Goddess of Fire and Protection. Natural born witch and God of Rhy'Din. She would just happen to be staying at the very Inn that those in the garden were also staying in. And she would just happen to be up on the fifth floor of said Inn.

So when the gentleman in the garden dropped his stone into the pond, the Goddess on the fifth floor felt the ripple. It was a tiny ripple, like dropping a pebble into a lake, but a ripple none the less. And that ripple caught her attention, bringing her to her balcony to investigate. And lucky for him, her reaction was to stop the ripple before it moved beyond her.

Venis had chose this Inn for it's location. She felt a hole lot of ripples here. And she had a clear enough sense of them to feel them for what they were. It was a great way for her to do her job and protect those who she had to protect. So she looked the man over and got a feel for him. He seemed to be free of malice at the moment, just being helpful.

So she sensed nothing malicious about him at the moment, and she had already stopped his ripple before any others could feel it. Save for perhaps the fairies and other Gods that were about the Inn. To her that meant that she wasn't needed at the moment. Cat would call to her if she needed her. Venis knew that Cat would just as Cat knew that she could.

With her duty taken care of, Venis turned on her heels and returned inside to her papers at her desk. She would hear Cat if she was called for, and she would come to her rescue. But knowing Cat as she did, it might be he who was adorned in black wings who might need to call upon the Goddess of Protection. Cat had a large clumsiness about her.
Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:34 am

He just smiled and nodded at her as she said thank you. "You are welcome." After hearing her name as well as the little dragon on her shoulder he nodded back at them and slowly moved his hand to take hers to shake it. "It is very nice to meet the both of you. My name is Drake." He nodded again to Cat then over to Penelope. He slowly removed his hand from hers as he looked around. "So what bring you out here?" He put his hands back into his pockets.
Drake
Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrina "Cat" Masterson Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:34 am

Cat smiled at the handshake. It was a good strong shake, without being crushing. As he pulled his hand back and put his hands back into his pockets Cat brought a finger up to Penelope for her to grip and hold. She watched Penelope for a portion of a second before returning her attention back to Drake.

She smiled at him warmly. "Drake, hmm, that's a good name." She let her smile reach her surprisingly emerald colored orbs. It was such a lovely day, and she had just received word earlier that day that she had three dragons at home who had laid eggs. So she was on top of the world at the moment.

So with a slightly elevated bubbliness she answered his question. "I came out to get some fresh air and to let Penelope play for a while. Dragons were never meant to be cooped up in the room of an Inn." She was letting Penelope grip her finger and nibble on it. It was like her finger was the Pindragon's toy.

She continued the conversation as she wiggled her finger to play with the dragon. "What brings you out today?" She looked at his beautiful black wings and resisted the urge to touch them. Her friend Jesse, who worked for Venis, also had black wings. They were such soft silky feathers to touch.
Catrina
Catrina "Cat" Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:08 am

He just smiled and nodded as she complimented his name. "Thank you." after listening to her for a few more minutes he just looked around seeing the open area. "Well for me.....I guess you could say that I dong get out much and when I do, I like to remember things of the outside." With that his eyes just kept on scanning the area making sure that no one was trying to spy on him or if anyone was walking near.
Drake
Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrina "Cat" Masterson Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:25 am

Penelope, being slightly more observant than Cat, saw how Drake was looking around. He seemed to be watching for something or someone. And he gave off the feeling that it was someone that he had no desire to see. "Drake, would you like me to fly up and check the area for you? I could let you know if there was anything off in the area, and to anyone else, I would look like a big bird." She needed to stretch her wings anyway.

Were it not for Pen, then Cat may have never noticed that Drake seemed to be watching his back a little more than the average person. She looked around a little bit as well. She felt the need to give him some sense of reassurance if she could. "If there was danger in the area, the Goddess of Protection would take care of it." She wasn't trying to preach or anything. But the Goddess was within the Inn and always on watch.
Catrina
Catrina "Cat" Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:19 am

He looked over to the little pin dragon and shook his head. "No it is fine I am just always like this when I am outside. It will pass sooner or later." His wings fluttered a little. But when he heard about the Goddess he just cocked his head a little looking at her weird. "Goddess of protection?" With that she has pecked his interest.
Drake
Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrina "Cat" Masterson Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:34 am

Penelope nodded to Drake. "As you wish. Offer stays open though." She was willing to go if he changed his mind. She walked over to some flowers an started picking them and putting them into a pile. She was up to something, but wasn't going to tell anyone what it was.

Cat nodded to him. "Yes. Venis Jordianthan. She's the Goddess of Fire and protection. She's staying in a suite on the fifth floor of this very Inn. I'm not sure on all the details of why, I try to not pry. My sister Tasha would know more than me." She pointed to the fifth floor.

She shrugged her shoulders. "She took my sister in a long time ago. If it weren't for her, my sister Alicia and I would have never gotten back in touch with Tash. But Goddess Venis protects all of Rhy'Din to the best of her ability." Anything more was for Venis to tell him herself.
Catrina
Catrina "Cat" Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum