StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Coming for a visit EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Coming for a visit EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Coming for a visit EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Coming for a visit EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Coming for a visit EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Coming for a visit EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Coming for a visit EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Coming for a visit EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Coming for a visit EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

Coming for a visit

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Coming for a visit Empty Coming for a visit

Post by K.D. Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:32 am

She needed to get a way from the house for a little bit and decided she would go check in on her house at the Keep. She packed a bag and left a note for her parents letting them know what she was up to because she didn't want them to worry or start yelling in her head over it. Once she was all set she went and got Slepnir out of the stables and got him all ready. He was still fidgety as of late and needed to get out for a while and run. Hopping up on him she took off toward the Keep.

A lot was on her mind so it took what would have felt like forever and made it feel like less time. She was just glad she wasn't disturbed in her thinking because who knows what would have happened if she had been. She sat on Slepnir about a half a mile from the gate deciding if she should go in or just go some where else. She got a feeling it wouldn't make difference either way because it's not like anyone was trying to track her down to see how she was or anything. Yes it hurt a little but she would get over it like she gets over everything else in her life. She was sure it would be put back on her and asked why she didn't try and truth is she didn't because she didn't feel it would make a difference to people.

Taking a deep breathe she headed for the gates and once inside she could feel something was wrong. Forgetting her own thoughts for a bit she rode around to see what was going on and first thing she could see was damage to a barn. She kept riding and riding not sure exactly what she was looking for or not looking for at this point.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Coming for a visit Empty Re: Coming for a visit

Post by Employees of the Goddess Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:39 am

((Sorry this took so long Kyra-mun. Time is not my friend as of late. I will do my best to make my replies faster. But if I go over 7 days, feel free to gripe at me via text, call, IM or whatever.))

As Kyra had approached the gate, the man who was on duty let her in without question. He had never been on duty upon her arrival before, but he had seen her around and knew of her enough to know she kept a house within the walls.

Had she voiced the opinion of no one trying to track her down though, she would have been informed that she was, in fact, mistaken. Isah was looking for her. He had sent out two messengers to try and track her down as a matter of fact.

As Kyra traveled the interior of the Keep, she would find that there were some who were still in mourning over the recent deaths. Most of whom were dressed in solid black. And there would be less children out and about enjoying the day.

There had been a small rash of catastrophies within the Keep only a few months previous to this visit. Most of which had resulted in at least one or more deaths. And there was nothing Kyra's Grandmother could do to prevent them.

One of those catastrophes had been the collapse of a section of the catacombs. The construction crew had been checking the catacombs to make sure that they could hold up under new construction. One section failed to do so.

The collapse of that section resulted in the death of one human male and one mole-man female. But the part of it that was worse, was that it was right below Kyra's house. And that scared the hell out of Venis and others as well.

There was an unspoken rule between Venis and Kyra that kept them civil with each other. Well, a few of them actually. And one was that Venis would not use mental links to invade Kyra's privacy. For any reason what so ever.

So because Venis was unwilling to break this rule, Isah sent out two messengers to try and find Kyra. She didn't have a cell phone, yet, and Darkmane Castle didn't have a phone. So he sent them where he thought she could be.

This would be the reason that Kyra was mistaken about no one trying to track her down. Because Isah was, and as soon as he saw her, he would let her Grandmother know that she was safe and sound. And within the Keep now.

So as Kyra took a look around, she would find the mourners, and some buildings that had suffered damage to some degree, and a few other little problems. But once she turned down her street, she would see the worst of it.

Of course, she would find that the hole in the ground had been repaired. That was a small matter for Venis to take care of. And she would find that there was a construction crew already rebuilding her house as well.

Venis could have just undone the damage completely. But this gave people something to do. And she figured that Kyra might prefer to have a house built the regular way rather than magically by her Grandmother.

Isah was in charge of making sure that everything was done right. So if Kyra came up on the construction, she would find him there, wearing a hard hat, jeans, and work boots. He was sweaty and dirty as well.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Coming for a visit Empty Coming for a visit

Post by K.D. Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:18 pm

She rode around the streets seeing everyone and it brought tears to her eyes. Not having felt this before coming here, she wasn't prepared for any of it. Nor was she prepared for what she saw as she turned down her street seeing her house was gone. She was off Slepnir before she realized it and stood there in the middle of the road just staring at the devastation that stood before her. Slowly she made her way down the street with Slepnir behind her nudging her along gently and sort of holding her up at the same time. Once she was in front of the house she just stood there and stared not really looking at who was around or what was going on.

With Slepnir next to her more or less acting as a wall so she wouldn't fall over she whispered for anyone to hear. "How could this have happened, what happened?"

She wasn't really expecting an answer as she only vaguely saw people around her at the given moment. Shock was all she was feeling at that time. Soon she felt a familiar friend in the area and began looking for him. Finally she saw Isah with his hard hat on and seemed to be leading the work around here.

Moving closer to him she spoke but her voice was a bit shaky. "What happened here?"

She stood there waiting to see what he said to her but she was still a bit wobbly from the shock of everything she saw.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:59 am

Isah heard Kyra's voice behind him and he turned around. When he laid eyes upon her he literally ran to her. He knelt down when he was close and he hoped to wrap his arms around her, lifting her into an embrace. "Oh thank the God's, you're alive." A tear found it's way free of his eye. He didn't care who saw it either. He had been so badly worried about her.

If she had let him, he continued to hug her for what seemed like an eternity, yet wasn't anywhere near long enough. If he had to set her down, he would then move to place his hands on either side of her face. The hug would have gotten her all sweaty and a little dirty when he had grabbed her up to hug her, but she was welcome to shower and wash up later.

He looked into her beautiful eyes and moved to kiss her deeply. If she allowed him to kiss her he would hold the kiss as long as he could. Of course, that would mean that some of the men would be razzing him, but he couldn't care less. He was just so happy to see her. But when he was done he would answer her questions. Well, the one he had heard of course.

He moved to a pair of chairs that were sitting in the shade. He offered her a place to sit first. Then he would sit as well. "First things first, I am so glad you got my message. I mean, one of the messengers did find you, right? That's why you're here?" He was settling in to tell her the whole story, well as much of it as he knew. But he was anxious and nervous about it.

Once she answered him about the messengers he would continue on. He wasn't overly worried about the messengers finding her or her just coming here. Either way, she was here and that was all that counted to him. He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and started typing a text as he spoke. He only knew some things, so he would tell her what he did know for now.

He began with the why. Or at least what he thought was the why. "We were in the catacombs, making sure they could stand up to the new digging we'll be doing. And there were a few people who were in the section below your house. For some reason, the catacombs caved in under your house and the vacant one next to it." He wasn't sure what else to say.

He figured he should give her something more though. "Well, when the cave in happened, your Grandmother was in the Keep. She came running faster than I have ever seen anything move. She immediately shed her solid form and jumped into the hole. She searched through the rubble as we started moving it away." He had no idea how else to explain What V did.

He reached for her hand, he wanted to feel her and know she really was there. "When she couldn't find you she started looking for others. Some of those who had been down there were just injured. But we lost two workers. And this was just days after loosing animals and a man in a barn fire in the South East corner of the Keep" He was still shaken and upset.

He would have had no idea about the how or the why that caused Venis' visit, or her remaining there for as long as she had. "We got everyone unburied as fast as we could, but for two lives, it was too late. Your Grandmother put the ground back together after she cleared the debris from the hole. But she wanted the houses manually rebuilt." He was just so happy to see her.

He hoped she could tell how much he had missed her and how happy he was to see her alive. "She didn't think you would like it if she just poofed your house back into existence. And when she didn't find you in the hole, she said she would not violate your privacy to find you through a mental link either. Even though I begged her to." He was scared of how she'd react.

He continued on though. "She said she loved you too much to do something you never wanted her to do. But she cried as she was saying it. She very much wanted to find you that second. So did I. But, your stuff was taken to my house rather than the castle. She thought you would prefer it that way. And I liked the idea." Now he waited for a reaction.

He had sent the text message while he had been talking. The message was to Venis on her cell phone. It read that Kyra was alive and seemingly well. He had also said she was here at the Keep with him. He couldn't see leaving a Grandmother to wonder if her Grandchild was ok or not. But he was also careful to not use words that would get Venis to come running.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by K.D. Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:29 pm

She returned the hug and even returned the kiss which may or may not have surprised him much but it would surprise her a little. She hasn't been too into the whole public displays of affection but she was dealing with it as she could feel the worry from him. Standing there she watched him as he started to explain everything to her and even said there were messengers looking for her. That caused her to speak up a moment because he had to know they never made it to her.

"I never got any messages. I just felt like seeing you and that's why I'm here. Had I know about this I would have come sooner. I'm sorry for worrying you."

She didn't make mention of worrying the other as it wasn't necessary to say in her mind anyway. Letting him tell her the story she was mildly irritated that he wanted her to do what Kyra wouldn't have wanted but she was glad she had the sense to realize it wasn't something she should do. But on the other hand she could understand why he wanted her found right then and there because if her body was missed she would be dead for sure by now maybe anyway. Wondering she had to ask because she was shocked when he said her belongings were at his house but she would have thought nothing survived the destruction.

"How much of my stuff is at your house? I can't believe anything survived that type of destruction."

She stood close to him and looked around as she waited for an answer. Thinking to herself this must have been the bad that she felt coming the last time she was here and it's not over yet, this was just the beginning.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:55 am

The fact that she never got any messages upset him. He knew that there was a house out by the Forge, though he had never had the pleasure. But he had also told them to try the Forge. He knew she still swung by the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn, or at least she did the last he knew, and she had not told him otherwise. So he had sent them there. Outside of that, he had never been to Darkmane, and he did not know of any other place she could be. So the messengers were supposed to keep trying those places for her.

He was curious as to where she had been. But he wasn't going to worry about it at that moment. If he were to ask now, he would only sound nosy and intrusive. Perhaps later he would ask her, when it sounded more like someone who cared was curious. Because that was exactly what it was. He finished his story, the fact that she had not been found by the messengers only getting a response of a frustrated look as he continued. After all, it wouldn't do him any good to get upset, and besides, she was here now. And safe.

When he was done telling the story of what had happened, she asked about her stuff. He smiled at her and chuckled. "It's not a lot. A couple of articles of clothes, that could be laundered and cleaned. Though, I don't think you had much out here in the way of clothes anyway, right?" Rhetorical, but she could respond if she wished. He paused in case she wanted to. "There was also your couch, it's been cleaned. One nightstand survived, it's being used to remake your bedroom set." Which seemed very miraculous to him.

And there was one other item of note. "And there was a little wooden box. I can't open it and I don't remember ever seeing it. It might have come from the empty house next door to you, but we are all pretty sure it didn't." He waited to see what she said about it. While he waited his cell phone rang. It was a text message from V. He read it to himself then smiled. He would wait until she was though with anything she had to say before he would continue the conversation further. He was so happy to see her after all that worry.

When she was done replying to what he had already told her, he figured he had better pass a message before he got in trouble. "You probably don't want to hear it, or even care, but your Grandmother says 'Thank the God's that she is alive and well. Please tell her, even though she probably doesn't care, that I love her dearly and am so thrilled that she was not harmed. And if there is anything she wants or needs, I am at her disposal. Also, if there are any changes she wants made to the house, make them for her please.'" He did what he was told.

He replied that the message was delivered and the reply came back with a simple thank you. So he closed the phone and slid it back into its case. He reached for her hand. He wanted to touch her, to feel her and know she was truly there. He really did love her, he had told her so before. And he had never been more relieved than he was at that moment. The thought that he could have lost her scared the hell out of him. And he just wanted to be as close to her as he could get at the moment. It was all he could do to not hug her more.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by KD Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:00 pm

She stood there with her hand in his letting him hold it even though she was a little upset at the given moment. It bothered her that he thought she was that heartless not to care that someone was worried about her even if it was her. While they weren't on happy family terms doesn't mean she would have been that heartless. She only nodded not letting her emotions show, something she learned quite well over the past few years. With a raised brow she looked up at him as she started going through her head as to what box she would have left out here like that. Then it dawned on her what it could be.

"I think I know what it could be but I need to see it first to be sure. And no I didn't have much in the way of clothes out here, maybe now that is a good thing."

She laughed a little and shook her head. It wasn't any big secret that she was not a full time resident of the Keep. As for wanting to know where she had been he could ask but she couldn't guarantee he would like it or accept it. She went quiet and into her thoughts as she watched the workers rebuilding her house.

KD

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:17 am

Had Isah been thinking more clearly, perhaps he would have thought better of saying something to the effect of Kyra not caring about how her Grandmother felt. But he was male, and therefore prone to moments of stupidity. Even he admitted as much. Though not every male here would agree with him.

The time to ask her about where she had been would come later. For now, he was just too happy that she was ok. But he listened to her about the box. He hoped it was the one she thought it might be and not something that could potentially be a bad thing. After all, not everything at this Keep was good.

He stood up and released her hand for a moment. "Excuse me for a second baby." It was lunch time. He walked over and pulled a cord, and it sounded an alarm. The men all finished whatever they were doing and started to come away from the building. They all made their way to a cart that pulled up then.

Isah returned to Kyra. "Would you like to come down to the house and eat something? I have a lot of food in the house right now. Or we could grab something from the cart. Charisma usually brings pizza fixings so she can make them to order right there." He motioned towards his house in case she wanted to go.

As far as his moment of stupidity went, it would dawn on him later. For now, he wasn't sure the last time she had eaten was, but he knew he had not eaten in days out of worry for her. So he was going to get something to eat, one way or another. He just wanted to know what she would prefer, house or lunch cart.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by K.D. Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:36 pm

She stood to the side while he went to tend to the lunch bell and just stared at the work being done in front of her. Turning to him as he came back she thought for a moment and looked at the lunch cart coming up and wrinkled her nose a bit. Looking back to him she grinned trying to hide what she thought about the lunch cart. Not that she was opposed to eating at it but the thought of pizza had her stomach turning a little bit.

"Why don't we go see what's in your fridge? Pizza just doesn't sound good to me."

She started to walk toward his house pretty sure he was right in step with her. Besides this would give them a chance to catch up without everyone else being around at the moment. Or ears trying to figure anything out. Never know who or what could be or would be listening to them.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:57 am

Charisma had other things in her lunch cart, stuff other than pizza, but he liked the idea of going to the house to eat a lot more than eating out here with the rest of the workers. And the one reason for that was Kyra. He preferred to be alone with her as much as possible. Alone allowed for more intimate moments. It wasn't the workers business what went on between the two of them.

She was right about his being right in step with her as they headed for the house. He was about a half step behind her. But with his long legs, he made up that space and took smaller steps once he was directly beside her. There was an hour for lunch, but if he wasn't back within that hour, work would still progress. After all, they all knew what would happen if it didn't. No one wanted that wrath.

It was a quiet walk past the few houses that separated Isah's from Kyra's. When they got to his house, he opened the door for her. The place would look the same as the last time she had been in it save for some new furniture. He had destroyed some, and a friend made him replace some other things. So gone were the cinder block and plywood tables. In their places were real glass top tables.

He started for the kitchen and moved to the sink to wash his hands. First things first. "What would you like to eat hon? I know I have some soups in the pantry, there's stuff for salads in the fridge. Also I have some hamburger thawed if you would like something made with that. Or maybe a sandwich. You can check the fridge and pantry if you would like." He was finally hungry, so it was all good.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by K.D. Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:57 am

She realized just how long it had been since she had been here and couldn't help but feel a little guilty for that but things were as they were and there was no changing the past now. She sighed softly as a feeling washed over her but she wasn't going to let that ruin her time here. Looking around she followed him to the kitchen and thought for a moment before she spoke.

"How about hamburger and fries? Haven't had one in a while and it sounds good. That is if you have time, I don't want to keep you from your work."

She smiled and hoped he would be up for that but understood if he didn't have the time. There were no expectations at the given moment.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:40 am

Isah smiled when she suggested a burger and fries. He was hungry enough to eat that much, even if he hadn’t realized it before this point. "Of course I have the time. I have all the time we need.” He smiled at her and even winked. The workers were smart enough to return to work without him there to crack the whip, so to speak.

He moved to the refrigerator and pulled out a package of hamburger meat. It was about a pound of meat, give or take, and was rated ninety ten for fat content. He set it on the counter. He then moved to the cupboard to get out the buns. From there it was back to the fridge for condiments. He plugged in his deep fryer and turned it on to heat up the oil. Then he moved to get some potatoes from the pantry.

As he pulled out a stove top grill from the cabinet below the counter, he spoke again. "What would you like on your burger dear?” It was important to know these things, both now and in the future. He placed the grill on the stove and turned on the fire below it. It fit on the stove where the gas flames were, and had a center hole to let the fire through. Then the rack, or grill, itself, was propped up on metal arms to hold it above the flames. The part that rested upon the stove was a drip catcher for the grease as well. All in all, it was an interesting contraption. And it was large enough to hold up to four patties. Isah was going to make himself a double, Kyra could have a double as well if she so chose.

Then he pulled out a white plastic tool from the utensil drawer. It had a blade on it that was shaped like a V, and there was an insert for it that had several little blades on it. It was called a ‘V slicer‘ and he loved having it. He sprayed the grill with cooking spray, away from the flames of course, and then moved to wash his hands. He pulled off a piece of the meat then, and formed it into a patty. He placed it on the grill and seasoned it with Season Salt and Hickory Smoked Salt. He didn‘t have many seasonings in his cupboard, and no garlic, be it salt or powder.

Then he made a second patty, and seasoned it as well. Then a third, and even a fourth if Kyra wanted a double meat burger. And he would season them like he had the previous, unless she requested he not do so to hers. While the meat was cooking on the grill, he moved to wash the potatoes, and then he pulled out a potato peeler and removed the peels as well as any bruises or bad spots. Once that was done, he used the slicer, with the convenient handle that held the potato and saved ones fingers from the blades, to slice the potatoes into the awaiting hot oil. He was careful not to splash too much hot oil.

A spatula was pulled from the drawer to flip the burgers, not wanting to burn them. Then it was set upon a spoon caddy on the counter. Another washing of his hands and a thorough drying of them as well, and he moved to prepare the buns for the meat. He made hers first, according to what she requested upon it. Then he moved to pull the basket of fries. He gave it a good few shakes to stir the fries then he dropped them back in. From there he moved to make his own bun. Ketchup, mustard, pickle, lettuce, and a slice of tomato. That was all he took on his. But he had several other things in case she wanted something else. He even had Miracle Whip and Mayonnaise.

"After we eat, would you like to go back to your house, or stay here and go through your things?” He would trust her alone in his house, after all, she was his girlfriend. There had to be trust there for that to be the situation. He moved to flip the burgers again and then stir the fries with another shake of the basket. He was already starting to feel better just because she was there.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by K.D. Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Once he got started on the burgers she hopped up on the counter to watch him but out of harms way of flames and oil. Can't have her getting burned just to see how something works. She tends not to do a lot of cooking so this was a learning experience. Her belly growled a little bit but for now she would settle with one burger rather than a double, she wasn't quite that hungry once you put the fries with it. Thinking a moment or two she spoke up when she figured out what she wanted on her burger.

"Hmmmm, how about cheese, mayo, pickles, lettuce and tomato."

She grinned as she watched him intently and feeling at ease which is a first in a while. Maybe her gut was right coming for a visit is just what she needed to gain her sense of balance once again.

"I think maybe I will stick around here and see what was salvaged and get a shower if that's ok with you. Who knows maybe I can try my hand at making dinner for you when you return."

Ok so that part was a stretch but she would figure out something since thea offer was made and all. She learned about tv and how there was this one channel that catered to teaching the cooking challenged folks how to become unchallenged. A smile with a nod as if trying to get him to agree to the plan would be what he would see if he was watching her.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:27 am

Dinner. She was offering to make dinner for him. The grin on his face lit his brown eyes with a sparkle that had been missing for a while now. It had been missing because from his point of view, she had been missing. He took a shot at stealing a chaste kiss. "You are welcome to stay as long as you want or need. Do you remember where everything is?" He meant towels and things, obviously she was getting reacquainted with the kitchen as they were in there, right?

He was keeping up with flipping the burgers and cooking the fries. And when he flipped the burgers for the last time, he placed the slices of cheese on them so it would melt a little. Then he pulled the fries to drain the oil from them and placed the burgers on the prepared buns. He had fixed hers the way she had asked. "Did you want me to take anything out for dinner or would you like to figure it out later?" He was enjoying her being there already.

If she remembered from the last time she was here, here being at the Keep, she could call over to the market or the bakery and they would deliver whatever she needed. But there was also stuff already at the house, so it was up to her. Whatever she decided he would be more than happy to sit down and eat. That was what a good boyfriend did, right? He carried the plates over to the small two person table over in the space between the living room and the kitchen that wasn't quite a dining room. He hoped she would follow. "Honey, can you grab me a soda from the fridge if you don't mind please." His hands were full with the plates and he forgot to get drinks before. He liked having her around already.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by K.D. Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:19 pm

She smiled as he kissed her and she was starting to let herself that things were going to be ok with them. There were times that she thought he would be better off without her and she wouldn't blame him if he felt that way himself. She nodded to him as he finished up their meal.

"If I don't I can fumble around and find it but I think I do."

She thought a few moments as she watched him about what she would like for dinner but couldn't think of anything at the moment.

"Not right now I will figure something out unless you have a preference on something. Or if there is something I shouldn't make due to allergies or something you don't like."

She smiled and hopped down as he headed to the table and she grabbed a soda for each of them before heading to sit down. Her heart did a little pitter patter as he called her honey. It may not mean much to some but it meant a lot to her to hear that. As she got to the table she placed the soda in front of him and sat down.

"Here you go. It smells so good can't wait to dig in. So is there anything I need to know about that you haven't told me about already?"

She opened her soda and took a drink before looking up at him and tried one of the fries before digging into her burger. She was at least attempting small talk but not sure if it came across as that or not.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:26 am

It was a good thing that is calling her honey was a good thing, because he liked saying it and would probably say it again. A nod was given when she said she could fumble around and find things if she forgot where they were.

It was a good thing that she asked about allergies. They had never had that discussion before. "Mmm, yes. I'm glad you asked. I am allergic to peppers. Like Bell peppers and jalapeños and such." That was it as far as allergies went. And he was always willing to try new things, so there was no preference when it came to food.

He took a drink of his soda after she handed it to him and he opened it. He ate a French fry after that. It gave him a chance to think. And if she looked at his face she would see that he was thinking. "Um, I put in a new hot water heater a couple of months ago, so the water gets a little too hot some times. I wouldn't want you to get burnt. Oh, and the lock on the back door is broken, so there's a chain on it. Other than that, there's nothing." He smiled as he took a bite of his burger.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by K.D. Sat May 21, 2011 5:45 pm

She smiled a little because the term of endearment didn't bother her as much as some might think. She was feeling better these days and wanted to make things right with him. Feeling there are things she has to make up given how things with in the wrong direction far too often for her. Taking a bite of her lunch she nodded and made a mental note of the allergy which sucks given how much she likes bell peppers especially but she would live without them at least for now. She could sneak them in at some point or other. She couldn't help but laugh a little as he mentioned the water heater and the back door, this was the safest place she could think of and didn't quite understand why he would lock his doors and she would have to ask on that one.

"Ok so let me get this straight - no peppers, don't want a burnt faerie and you have to lock the doors. So why would you lock the door, are there that many burglars around?"

She laughed a little and shook her head imagining someone breaking into a house around here. She ate again and hoped he would take her words as playfully teasing except for the pepper bit because that was a serious matter.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Mon May 23, 2011 4:59 am

Isah chuckled softly upon hearing her question. He wasn’t laughing at her, he was laughing at himself for missing a small detail in his updating her. “Oh, sorry, no. No thieves or the like. Not around here, you know what she would do to them.” Using her word for her Grandmother as that was the only word needed for her to understand. “Simply a band of little monster children, who like to pull pranks on people. They come by a house, and if they think they hear a shower running, they enter the house. They run water or remove towels if they think they can get away with it. Move around furniture thinking that they might cause a person to stub their toe or something. Innocent fun, other than the entering a home that was not their own.” He shook his head for how could he have left that part out?

He was making good time eating his food, not that he was in a rush to leave her side. He had missed her something fierce and was so happy to see her safe. So he slowed a little on his eating. If the men at the work site couldn’t get along without him long enough for him to have a peaceful lunch with his girlfriend, he presumed that she still wanted the title of girlfriend, than they needed to be replaced. So he ate a little slower, taking time to properly chew his food and wash it down with the soda. He loved having her here with him. He just hoped that she liked being here with him just as much. He couldn’t help but stare into her eyes for a moment. They were so lovely, and he had been so scared that he would never get to gaze into them again. Thank the God’s, here she was, safe and sound with him.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by K.D. Mon May 23, 2011 6:14 pm

She couldn't help but laugh at the thought of the mischievous children playing their pranks on unsuspecting neighbors. And nodded in agreement knowing what she would do if there were thieves in the neighborhood but nothing more was needed to be said about that at this point. There was plenty of time to talk about titles and where they stood with each other, she was just enjoying the time they had right now. Getting full she stopped eating and took another drink of her soda and sat there watching and listening to him. A smile crept across her lips as he stared into her eyes and it gave her goose bumps and a blush rose to her cheeks. Her voice a little unsteady at her next question but she was curious all the same.

"So how long until you have to get back to work?"

She was hoping he didn't have to go back but she didn't voice that thought at the moment. A part of her wanted the chance just to roam around to find things and figure some stuff out but the other part wanted to spend time with him and catch up.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:32 am

That one simple question had Isah torn. He needed to get back to the men, even though they had everything they needed and didn't need their hands held, but he also wanted to stay here with her. He looked at his watch. They had been there almost an hour. It hadn't seemed like it, but when you add the cooking and then the eating.

He smiled at her.
"I could stay for another half an hour, forty-five minutes. Maybe an hour. Unless you want me to rush off?" He winked at her. He had a feeling she didn't want him to rush off too soon. Nothing wrong with taking a long lunch when you just found out that the woman you loved wasn't dead, right?

He finished his food and stood up to take the plates to the kitchen. She was done right, she had stopped eating? He cleaned up the dishes and the kitchen so that it was as pristine as when they had arrived. It took all of about ten minutes. Which had filled the hour. But he had said he would stay, so what if his lunch was two hours instead of one today.

One he was done cleaning the kitchen he moved to the fridge to get another soda.
"Honey, do you need another soda? Or juice or anything?" He asked from bent over in the fridge. She hadn't complained when he called her that before, so he was taking liberties.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by K.D. Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:10 pm

She sat there after finishing her lunch and gave a thought about his question about her wanting him to rush off and that question was relatively easy to answer.

"No of course not, I was hoping we could spend some time together but I don't want you to get in trouble either."

She stood up and to help him clean up since she was a bit a little restless and shook her head before realizing he probably couldn't hear the rocks rattling around in her head so she had to say something.

"I'm good for now but thank you dear."

She waited a step before going to the living room thinking he would follow her soon. Settling on the couch she waited for him to come in.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:34 am

Point of note, as much as Kyra liked being called honey, Isah liked being called dear. Makes one wonder if they will ever figure out that the other likes the pet names so much.

Isah grabbed himself a soda and went to join her on the couch. He sat in the corner, facing sideways so he would be facing her. One long leg went to the back of the couch, with his knee bent, the other was still to the floor. He opened up his arms to her."The boss doesn't get in trouble. Any chance I can get a hug."He smiled because what he really wanted was some snuggling time.

He placed the soda on the table while he waited to see if she would scoot closer to him and let him wrap himself around her. He really wanted to hold her for a little while now that he knew she was ok. It had been fraying at his nerves when he didn't know where she was and there was a chance she had been under all that rubble. Though in his heart of hearts, he knew that had she been down there, her Grandmother would have found her. She had searched the rubble for her for over an hour.

While he had been cleaning the kitchen he had had a thought. He needed to vocalize it now. "I thought about something. When we were at the construction site, I said something that came out wrong. Or well, at least not in the way I meant it. I said that you might not care what she had to say. That was stupid of me, it comes from being male ya know? I should have known that you wouldn't want even her to worry over you. And I'm sure that you do care if only for the fact that she could stop worrying now that she knows your safe. Please forgive me for being so stupid honey. I didn't mean for it to sound that way." He raised his eyebrows questioningly.

And in all fairness, Venis had thought that Kyra wouldn't have cared that her Grandmother was worried of her, because she really didn't like her Grandmother all that much. But that was Venis' stupidity as well, because she should have known that Kyra was at least caring enough to not want anyone to worry or be in undue pain. It wasn't in Kyra's nature to be so cruel to others, even if they weren't her favorite person in the world. And besides, hadn't they come to a peaceful understanding when Kyra stayed at the Inn in the spare room of Venis' suite? That peaceful understanding was the very reason Venis hadn't tried to contact Kyra through a mental link.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by K.D. Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 pm

She grinned at his request and scooted closer until she was curling up in his lap with her head on his shoulder. Granted it wasn't what he asked for but it's what she wanted and not realizing it was what he wanted too. She had a knack for giving him what he wanted sometimes. With a grin she let her eyes close as she spoke.

"Well I'm glad you won't be getting in trouble for not going back right away. I don't think I want to let you move for a bit"

She sat there and rested listening to what he had to say and wasn't sure what to say exactly but she was going to give it a shot. She had to think for a good little bit because she didn't want whatever she was going to say to come our wrong and make things bad.

"I understand and you're right I don't want people to worry over me. It makes no sense since I can handle myself and I'm a little surprised it to her looking and telling you I wasn't there for you to know that I wasn't. I'm sure you would have known for sure if I was. But all in all you are forgiven. I'm glad we are here now and can discuss this."

She probably didn't make any sense but what was new, she was a little sleepy and mildly irritated as she sometimes got when discussing her. Seems to be one of the many issues going on in her little head.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:34 am

Isah wrapped his arms around her when she snuggled in close to him. She might hear his heart rate quicken a little. He was happy to have her in his arms again. It had been too long. Of course, five minutes without her feels like five years. It had felt that way since the day he first saw her sitting in the Lounge.

He kissed the top of her head when she said she didn't want to let him go quite yet. She always seemed to know just how to put a smile on his face. And he was definitely smiling. His smile only fading while he admitted to being a stupid male. After all, how does one smile when admitting their biggest fault?

His smile did return though, once she told him he was forgiven for being said stupid male. "I had been out of the Keep for a few days. I tried to tell her that I didn't think you had been there, but you know how ... Grandparents and parents can be. But enough about that, right?" And that was that, he hoped.

He had paused in what he was saying because he knew that she hated that word, but it was what she was. He just hoped that Kyra would overlook his use of the word so they could move on to happier subjects. Anything else would do as long as it would make her smile rather than still be irritated.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by K.D. Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:09 pm

She smiled and laid her head on his chest and listened to the beat of his heart and it seemed to sooth her enough for her to relax and not think about things that were on her mind. She nodded in understanding at how what he was saying about parents and grandparents. She wasn't going to dwell on it and she did understand how She fit in to her family dynamics even if she wasn't excited over the idea. At any rate she was with him and she didn't want to talk about anything else right now but them. She turned her head up to look at him as they snuggled for a while.

"I think any subject would be best right now. No sense in getting all testy over something I can't change and have no control over. So what should we talk about?"

She was content with the way things were going at the moment and loved being near him again. She didn't realize just how much she missed him.

K.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next