StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Where the Fates lead... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Where the Fates lead... EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Where the Fates lead... EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Where the Fates lead... EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Where the Fates lead... EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Where the Fates lead... EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Where the Fates lead... EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Where the Fates lead... EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Where the Fates lead... EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

Where the Fates lead...

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where the Fates lead... Empty Where the Fates lead...

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:20 am

He had done it. He had left the politics and such behind. He had gotten away from it all. Why? A very simple question to answer: He was needed. With the pack on his back containing just a few things he would need, and his blades fastened just the way he liked; he was off.

So it was that with this mind set that he for went all the fanfare that went with on of his position, leaving all the finer things at home and set out on that long and dusty road. Talons ripping into the earth, the smell of the road wafting up to his snout. A sharp toothed grinned flashed like the crescent moon in the night, as scaly lips peeled back at that smell. The loin cloth he wore made hardly a sound as his large frame moved with a hint of the huge serpent he represented at the moment.

One thing was for sure, he needed more his kind of apples. His bloodstone red orbs looked to and fro as his large head moved. His tail helping his balance as his ran full on. He did not know where, all he knew was it was towards her. She needed him and by the Gods he would be there.

How long had he ran? He did not know as he did not stop to rest. The shadows would have been easier, or the air. But this was what he needed the most. A chance to stretch his legs, so to speak. He had stopped for one Dance. Which was good, since he had gotten a few apples, that sack on his waist.

He came to the Inn and stopped. She was here. He nodded to himself. A creature of nightmares. His black scales covered in dust and blood. His forked tongue tasting the air. A taloned hand reaching for the handle and opening it. As he came through, his sack hit the door and he heard a crunch.

"Vith," he growled as he realized that one of his apples had cracked. Seeing the sack now stained red and the rest dropping on the floor. He just growled and closed the door a little harder then he needed to. That one inanimate object taking the brunt of his frustrations. he quickly moved to the side and looked around. Scanning. Noting things. His body coiled as if ready to strike. Where was she? That is what this Beast had come to find out.

Back to top Go down

Where the Fates lead... Empty Re: Where the Fates lead...

Post by The Inn Keeper Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:38 pm

He was looking down eating a double decker meat sandwish, granted he was not suppose to because of his age but what his grandson did not know would not hurt him. So while he was sitting there making sure that his grandson did not catch him he heard the door to the Inn Open. "Hello Welcome to the Inn."

When he heard the slam of the door he jumped a little and stuffed his sandwich into a drawer in the desk. When he looked up his eyes widen before going normal. He has seen many things in his life time here on this planet so the being in front of him did give him a little bit of a shock, but he had seen things beyond the imagination of the mind.

He just smiled at the being and nodded. "Hello there um...sir and what could this humble old man do for you today?" He looked the being up and down noting the blood and then looked down at the beings feet noting that he would have his grandson clean the floors again.
The Inn Keeper
The Inn Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:34 pm

He looked up as he heard a voice, he took in the old man. As he looked at him, his scaly head tilts to one side. His nostrils flare as he inhales the scents around him. She was here.

He spoke softly, his voice soft and even. "I am looking for someone. I know she is head," he had said.

He looked around the room. "Either I find her or I roar for her," he says with a smirk," and that would not be good. So where is the faerie."

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inn Keeper Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:18 am

He looked up at the being. "Ahh, well for you to roar might wake any sleeping guests. Then they would complain and I would have to give them a free night. I would loose money. Yes, that would not be good." He nodded as he spoke.

He knew that there was a fairy in one of the cottages in the garden. She had not asked for the added security of her presence being hidden from those who would ask about her. So who was he to say that this being could not go see her? "There is a fairy in one of the cottages in the gardens." He motioned towards the door that lead out to the gardens.

"I could show you the way if you wish. My name is Kanna." He offered a hand for a shake, trusting that he wouldn't be purposly cut by the talons upon the beings hand.
The Inn Keeper
The Inn Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:38 pm

-She had been eating a bit more than she had before and slept a little more too. But something was still wrong and she couldn't quite put her finger on what it was. She had hidden herself away so some wouldn't find her until she looked half way decent and even now she still looked as if she was going to keel over dead at anytime. Waking from one of the many little naps she gets here and there throughout the day she sensed something a familiar family something. With her being weakened she could't quite put her finger on who or what it was so she decided to go search for it. Leaving the room she made her way down the hall slowly and cautiously not sure if this something was going to hurt her. The feeling got stronger as she made her way down to the front of the inn and finally heard a man talking to someone. Peeking around the corner in case it was something bad she saw her father standing there and shook her head wondering what on earth he was doing there. Stepping out into the open she spoke softly.-

What are you doing here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:15 pm

A faerie in the gardens? Why was she not by the water? He listened to this man speak and heard him say his name.

he took the man's hand carefully. "Most call me Beastie and it might be best if you lead me. Mayhap outside so i do not destory anything," he said with a slight nod.

That was when he heard a soft voice. His head snapped up as fast as it could. his eyes locking onto his her. "Looking for you. What are you doing here? ,"he asked.

he looked back to Kanna and bowed his head slightly in a sign of respect. "I thank you sir. Seems the faerie I was searching for found me."

Chuckling he lowered his voice and said, "Might wish to finish that sandwhich."

His looked back at the female and said simply. "You like someone vithed you up."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:31 pm

-She just gave him a look as if to say thanks love you too but wasn't feeling up to going into right at the moment she she shrugged-

I guess I just needed to hide out. Not like I could stay held up in my room forever.

-Although that sounded like a good plan to her.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:44 pm

He looked at her and gave one of his grins.

He spoke softly, "You would have if you thought I let you get away with it my silly daughter."

He gave another bow to the man and looked to his daughter.

"No hello? no hug? No vith off worthless old vither?"

He looked at her and then his smile fell. "Who hurt you? Who gets to see the wrong side of the Beastie?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:49 pm

-She smiles a little as she moved over to him and wrapped her arms around him as best she could. She looked so tiny next to him as she was a three and a half foot tall faerie. Shaking her head slight she looked up at him.-

I'm fine...no reason for anyone to see the wrong side of the Beastie.

-OK so she was still giving him the same song and dance as she had been for months now and she knew in her heart he wasn't going to leave it alone until she told him but she wasn't quite sure what to tell him.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:56 pm

He reached down and hugged her back. Smiling at her a little. Scooping her up, he sat her on his shoulder.

"Your mother sends her regards and tells you to quit lying to us."

Nodding as his own scaly butt was now covered, he looked around the inn.

"So why here? What makes this place so special?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:01 pm

-She laid her head on his as he sat her on his shoulder. Feeling her face turn a darker shade of red as he spoke about her mother and had to get a jab in on him and whispered-

I will stop lying to you if you both stop lying to me.

-She laughed a little and she was sure she would get some smart response back and then shrugged a bit. Oh how is he going to take this one. With a bit of a stutter in her voice she spoke again.-

Ummmm...She is here.

-Ok so that was not here reason for being here but she wasn't going to say why else she might be here.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:05 pm

He chuckled and smirked.

"Okay okay. You have me. You have a litter of brothers and sisters now. You have a stepfather now as well"

That smile failing as he thought for a moment.

"Your mother is here? Vith! I should have traveled faster."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 pm

-She glared down at him knowing darn good and well that wasn't true and he knew it too about the litter and the stepfather. But that glare turned into smirk as she continued to look down at him and spoke with a bit of arrogance to her voice.-

No your's is here.

-She watched to see how his reaction was about to change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:14 pm

His smile faded and he began to look around. Lighting her little arse on fire for being so arrogant.

He muttered lowly, "Vithing Ellg'caress." Shaking his head he said, "Well that explains some of the attitude my daughter now has and the 'to big for my britches' syndrome."

He sighed and looked around more. Letting his senses take over to see who all was actually here, asking her as well so he could confirm it. Then he looked at her confused as to what had changed.

He also looked around and was thinking it was time to go...fast...before she knew he was here. before any of them knew he was here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:31 am

Silly Dre. Did he really think that his mother didn't know where he was every minute of every day and night unless he was purposely blocking her? She was a God, he was a Demi-God, and above that, he was her only natural born child. Oh yea, she knew where her baby was, she just chose not to go bother him unless he asked for her. He was an adult after all, he could take care of himself just fine. All of her family could.

When her son was headed towards the Inn, she waited until she was sure that the Inn was his destination. But when she felt him arrive, she began her walk from the stables, where she had just finished giving apples to the equines. She had already checked on Willow as well. She entered the Inn just in time to hear her son's less than gentlemanly words. She chuckled and shook her head as she walked towards the desk.

Once she was in sight of them she smiled and then spoke to her son. "Ol plynnen natha jatha'la nesst xuil bigger balls ulu lar ukt ilhar natha dosib elg'caress. Xor zhahus nindel fridj natha statement d' rasimorf?" She chuckled as she continued towards the trio that stood at the front desk. She was wearing a dark blue dress, it had long sleeves and reached all the way to her ankles, so it was long given her height of six two.

The clicking of her six inch heels was softer than one would expect as she walked. She didn't want to make divots in the hard wood floors. When she came to a stop within arms reach of her son she looked to Kanna. "Hello Kanna. Lovely day. I would like to introduce you to the fruit of my loins. Lord Dreconis Dragonis-Darkmane, God of Wind and War." She motioned her hand towards the taller being before her.

Then she moved her hand higher, towards Kyra. "And I don't believe I've introduced my granddaughter either. Miss Kyra Dragonis-Darkmane." She looked back at her family. "Kanna is the Inn Keeper here." She smiled at everyone. "I didn't come in to bother anyone. I was just hoping for a hug from my son, if that isn't too much to ask?" She smiled at him. "Oh and Kyra. I'm ordering something special for dinner." She smiled again.

She raised both eyebrows before she continued. "Will you be joining us tonight?" Us was because Eros was still there. But she needed to know who else was going to be there so she knew how much and of what to order. "You could ask your father to join us as well if you wish. We can eat down here rather than on the fifth floor." She knew her son would not want to go up to the fifth floor of the Inn, not even for a family dinner.

Venis made no mention of his comment in which he blamed her for Kyra's attitude. Kyra's attitude was what it was, Venis tried to not influence that. But if Kyra chose to place the blame on her Grandmother, she would take it. But basically, the only thing that the two of them had been doing was making sure that the other tried to get more sleep and remembered to eat more often. Kyra had been a much needed help to Venis.

(("It takes a big man with bigger balls to call his mother a f#^king bitch. Or was that just a statement of frustration?"))
Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inn Keeper Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:05 am

He removed his hand from the being and smiled. He was about to get up when he saw this fairy walking to this being, He just waited there before the being said that the person he was looking for found him. So he just politely nodded and went back to his work.

A few minutes later He saw Lady Venis coming towards them. He nodded and smiled at her. "Yes, Lady Venis it is a lovely day." After hearing that Lady Venis was this beings mother, his eyes move up and down the big fellow and back to her. ~Birth must have been a pain in the ass~ he thought to himself. He then bowed over to the being. "It is a pleasure to meet you Lord Dreconis."

He then looked at that fairy and bowed to her. "The same with you Lady Kyre." With that he got back up from his bow and then went back to his work since it was a family matter for the goddess he just blanked it out so that way he would not hear what was being spoken of unless something was directed to him.
The Inn Keeper
The Inn Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Well it would have been rude of him to disregard his mother or point out that she had gotten very rusty in the tongue of the Underdark. he chuckled softly as she almost sounded like a stuntie forcing himself to talk in the tongue of another. He walked over and gave his mother a hug, one armed as the other hand was holding his daughter on his shoulder. That smile on his face grew, and he spoke back to her.

"Talinthin ussta kyuvrem, Usstan orn'la telanth Usstan tlun natha y'sik jatha'la nesst lu' inbal tangis' larger balls t'yin mzilst. Ol zhahus doeb d' rasimorf, though udos zhaun dos shlu'ta tlu natha sseren karliik lu' natha elg'caress a draevalen ilhar d'anthe. Naut disregarding l' ywrazz dos ssinssrigg ulu vith, Usstan tlun proof d' nindel. Ka Usstan desired nindol nesst ulu zhaun vel'uss Usstan llaar zhahus Usstan orn'la inbal said ji. Ajak naut jal saph uns'aa, ussta fuma kaas, xor ussta valyrin, xor tangis' dos ilhar."

He looked to Kanna and nodded in respect, then said. "No Lord. My mother forgets we are not in court. Am just the Beastie as I had introduced myself. I would consider it a favor that any and all who inquire about my name, know only that. It is Beastie."

He looked at his mother and sghed. "Do not raise your eyebrows so. Makes you look like and old woman." Starting up an old bit of banter. "Also makes you look like you are guilty of something. What are you guilty of I wonder?

"As for dinner, that is up to my daughter here. I know not if she wishes time with her old man or the company of others. But I am not going up an vithing steps. I am not falling through another vithing floor.

Whoa! Us?!?!?! As in more then my daughter and my mother??? Venis, youse got some splaining to do.
"

((For those who are interested in what was said. If not interested skip this portion. "Considering my breeding, I would say I am a rather big man and have even larger balls then most. It was out of frustration, though we know you can be a hot head and a bitch at times mother dear. Not disregarding the fact you love to fuck, I am proof of that. If I desired this man to know who I really was I would have said so. Remember not all like me, my family name, or my kind, or even you mother.Considering my breeding, I would say I am a rather big man and have even larger balls then most. It was out of frustration, though we know you can be a hot head and a bitch at times mother dear. Not disregarding the fact you love to fuck, I am proof of that. If I desired this man to know who I really was I would have said so. Remember not all like me, my family name, or my kind, or even you mother."))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:49 pm

-She sits on her father's shoulder and blinks at them both not sure how this encounter was going to go. She thought a few moments and shook her head not sure who US was referring to and why. But she wanted to spend some time with her father needing to talk to him about somethings, she knew he was concerned and wanted to help.-

Maybe we should have dinner alone tonight dad and talk. I mean unless you want to see who her mystery date is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:25 am

Venis stood up on her tip toes to return her son's hug. He was taller than her after all, which says a lot for his size. And while she hugged him, she kissed his cheek. But hey, at least she wasn't one of those cheek pinching mothers, right?

She heard what he had to say as she moved out of the hug. She smiled and shook her head. He had her there, she couldn't argue with the bloodline argument. After all, he was his fathers son, as well as hers. Big balls ran in the family.

But when he mentioned the part about not telling people who he was she shook her head a little more. "Oh it's ok sweety. We are as safe here as we would be at the Keep or at Darkmane Castle. I've made sure of that." She had to.

She chuckled some more when he told her that the look on her face was making her look old or guilty. "Guilty? Moi?" She giggled then. she was guilty of a few things, most of which wouldn't surprise him at all. He could ask her about them later.

She was still chuckling when he said he wasn't going up the stairs or falling through another floor. She loved that the castles they had were made of stone, including the floors. But then came the comment about the other person she mentioned.

Kyra's comment followed Dre's so closely that Venis hadn't answered Dre yet. But it worked. "Ok Dear, not a problem. I guess you've been pretty out of it lately. Eros has been here since before the wedding. You didn't notice him in the room?"

It wasn't like Kyra was spending a lot of time in the common area's of the suite, and neither was Eros. When Eros wasn't occupied with Venis, he was usually out in the garden or working. He still had responsibilities too. Being a God and all.

((I used this translator ... http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/translator/ The one I used to use was no longer up and running so I've used this one since the start of the other boards.))
Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:59 am

He looked down at her and nodded but said, "Ol selg'tarnen naut ilhar. Dos zhaun Usstan inbal ussta ehmtu i'dollen d' morfelith klezn sreen'aur. Ajak Usstan zhahus attacked a dosst qu'ellar whol working wun ussta ehmtu ak'uech. Ji Usstan tlun jorosin dos, 'zil natha dalharuk, qualla respect nindol daewl. Usstan xun inbal ulu screa natha stath klezn usstan 'zil natha senger nin. ditronw?"

He looked up at his daughter and speaking in common said, "You have been following in your lessons right? Or have we become lax in our studies of other races?" he chuckled at that.

When he heard who was for dinner, well he agreed with his daughter. This first night they needed time themselves or else the guest would be dinner.

"I believe I shall dine with my daughter, and mother.....no one else is to know I am here until I deem it is alright. No One." His concern first was for his daughter, then he would see what drama there was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:30 pm

-She looked like a deer caught in the open with a bow and arrow pointed at her. Trying to act as innocent as possible and smiled sweetly for the most part that is. Stuttering a bit as she spoke.-

Nau nau, Usstan inbal tlus vrueh fol.

-Looking to the inn keeper she spoke again this time in common.-

May I get a room on the first floor that will accommodate myself and my father, maybe like one of the suites on the top floor but down on the bottom?

-Falling silent she waited for the answer from him.-

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inn Keeper Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:15 am

(( I do apologize work have been really hectic.))

He looked over to Lady Kyra and shook his head. "I do apologize but there are no rooms on the first floor, the rooms start on the third floor and if you are looking for a suite the only ones are up on the fifth floor." He then thought for a moment pulling out the registry book looking at it before speaking again. "Well there is another option. That is if you would like it but you could rent one of the cottages out in the garden." He would hope that would accommodate the needs that she wanted.
The Inn Keeper
The Inn Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:16 pm

-A frown crossed her lips and she started to think of other ideas and when he suggested the cottage she looked down to her father with a bright smile.-

Ooo that would work don't you think dad?

-She hoped he would agree and would stay awhile she missed him and her mother.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:46 am

He looked to his daughter as she tried another language, work had to be done but was vast improvement.

"Not bad at all daughter," he said. "You are studying more then the curse words I hope."

Looking at his mother he nods up to Kyra, "I guess she gave our answer."

He nodded to Kyra as she spoke of the cottage. Could prove interesting, and he could always sleep outside like in days of old. He chuckled and squeezed her leg giving her a reassurance he is here for a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inn Keeper Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:16 am

He put his hands together and smiled as he looked at the two. "Wonderful, well there are a few different types of cottages. There is one that is on reserve so that one is out, but there are two left, one is a small cottage with a main dining room, bathroom, living room and two bedrooms with a kitchen of course. The second one is slightly larger with a third bedroom. But I will say this the cottages are Japanese in origin meaning that the beds are futons on the floor, the doors slide open instead of opening with a pull or push." He thought for a moment before speaking again. "Please respect the custom of not wearing shoes in the cottage. There are butties in front of the doors or you can just walk barefoot around the cottage." He thought again for a moment before the light went off in his head. "Oh yes, one of the walls made out of paper, So if any of those break or pop please do not hesitate for it to be replaced. And finally the cost of the cottage will be 15 gold a week." He thought again for a moment making sure that he brought up everything that they needed to know about the cottage.
The Inn Keeper
The Inn Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum