StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Delivery from home ... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Delivery from home ... EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Delivery from home ... EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Delivery from home ... EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Delivery from home ... EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Delivery from home ... EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Delivery from home ... EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Delivery from home ... EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Delivery from home ... EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

Delivery from home ...

3 posters

Go down

Delivery from home ... Empty Delivery from home ...

Post by Driver Mon May 02, 2011 6:36 pm

The Patriot Blue Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4, built in Earth year 2003 for it's 2004 release, pulled off the side of the road at the base of the mountain. The driver got out and locked in the tires. The road up the mountain was dirt and gravel, and the pickup was hauling a serious load. Once the tires were locked in, the driver returned to the seat behind the wheel and started up the mountain road. The truck protested slightly as it crawled up the road at a very slow, and careful pace.

Delivery from home ... 2004_chevrolet_silverado_1500_z71_cumberland_md_92826467770687693

Once atop the mountain, the truck was pulled into what amounted to a driveway. This large patch of dirt and gravel sat just in front of The Starry Myst Inn. Which was the destination of the cargo. The driver shut off the truck and stepped free of th vehicle. Continuing to sing to the song that no longer played on the trucks radio, I Want To Rock by and Earth band from the 1980's named Twisted Sister, the driver moved to the back of the vehicle to inspect the cargo one last time.

There were several boxes and suit cases in the bed of the pickup truck. But nothing that would rise above the sides or obscure the drivers view. And all of said packages were just as secure as they had been when the driver took custody of them. They had remained unmoved for the entirety of the trip. So it was time to check the trailer that was being towed behind the pickup. Something the driver did not really want to do. But when one is getting pad to do a job, it must be done.

The first item to be seen on the trailer was a Harley Davidson Fat Boy. It was a softail made for release in Earth year 2000. It had green flame effects in the paint job, with golden tinted skulls on either side of the tank. The skulls held money in their fists, cigars in their mouths, and ha fangs. The bike sported rinehart pipes and eighteen inch Harley ape hangers. It had a mid range cam, ten to one forged pistons and a screaming eagle ignition. It even had a big boar kit. It was awesome.

Delivery from home ... Vsbike1Delivery from home ... Vsbike2Delivery from home ... Vsbike3Delivery from home ... Vsbike4

The second item on the trailer, sitting next to the green bike, was a bike of a slightly different flavor. It still boasted the Harley Davidson V-Twin engine. But this bike was a custom made masterpiece special ordered to replace a bike stolen in years past. The was black with chrome detailing and red trim. The tank was custom shaped and built with the red trip depicting a spider dropping from it's web. The rear fender had been cut out with a precision water tool, it was a spider web.

Delivery from home ... Selsbike2Delivery from home ... Selsbike3Delivery from home ... Selsbike1

The third item, on the other side of the web bike, as another Harley Davidson. A Harley Davidson Heritage Softail made in Earth year 2008. It had been ordered via the Internet and delivered to the location it had just been picked up from. It came with a factory alarm with a stage 1 upgrade. A screaming eagle heavy breather, bub seven slip on pipes, power commander PC III and a dyno-tune, made this bike purr like a kitten. It was the first bike for it's new owner and was called Purple Haze.

Delivery from home ... Tashsbike2Delivery from home ... Tashsbike1

Those three bikes made the delivery driver smile. It was the item on the trailer behind those bikes that was the issue. A huge, octagonal wooden packing crate. It was 34 inches long, 24 inches wide, and 20 inches tall. There was a lid on it, of course. And having been made with 63 separate one and a half inch slats, it was closed up rather well. But that did not matter much to the driver. Because coiled up inside that crate was a fourteen foot long albino Burmese python named Kaa.

Delivery from home ... Kaascrate(Biggest one, without the others in it.)
Delivery from home ... KaaSeleensbabyDelivery from home ... Kaa(Pictured here with his former handlers)

Kaa had been fed before the trip, so he had not eaten during the trip. He slept most of the way, and the driver was extremely thankful for that fact. It was the heat of the day, so the snake was asleep. But there had been movement in the straw that it rested in, so the driver knew it had survived the trip. Which left nothing to do but head inside the Inn. Once inside, the driver moved to the front desk to find someone to assist with the deliveries to be made. If there was a bell. *Ding?*

Driver

Back to top Go down

Delivery from home ... Empty Re: Delivery from home ...

Post by The Inn Keeper Thu May 05, 2011 10:32 pm

He had been sitting there at the counter reading a book. With as many books there were on the shelf's in the entertainment room it was easy to find a book that was not read before. He was ingrained into the book when he heard the ringing of the door bell. It was odd to say the least since a lot of people just walked in but he shrugged it off as he sat the book down remembering the page number before getting up and walking over to the double doors. He opened the left side door and poked his head about looking at the items that were in front of him and then looked over to the man that had rung the bell. "Yes how may I help you." he had a puzzled look on his face.
The Inn Keeper
The Inn Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by The man Sun May 08, 2011 11:31 pm

When the Inn Keeper came and opened the door, he caught the man outside rather off guard. He looked up when spoken to.

"Oh, sorry, I musta leaned against the bell or somethin'. I was just out for an jog when I saw the reflection comin' off the mirrors of the truck over there. Don't see many automobiles around here, so I came to check it out. I leaned against the wall to get a rock outta my shoe. Sorry to bother you."

He lowered his leg back to the ground now that he had the rock out of his shoe. He looked inside and pointed at the desk.

"But it looks like maybe they could use your help."

He looked up towards the direction he was going to go so that he was back on his jogging route.

"Sorry again."

He looked back at the man.

"I'm gunna head out. But hey, this looks like a nice place, I might put my in-laws up here when they hit town again."

He chuckled and then took off at a slow jog to get his muscles moving again before he returned to his usual pace.

The man

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon May 09, 2011 12:34 am

There was a reason that the driver didn't like having to deal with the snake on the back of the trailer. She didn't know many women who liked snakes, let alone fourteen foot ones. When she got to the counter, there was no one there. Evidently, that was because the Inn Keeper had gone to the door when some guy leaned against the bell. So how did he not see her when she came in? Well, she had stopped when she had gotten in the door and removed the scarf from around her neck to dust off her leather boots. After all, a lady didn't go somewhere to conduct business with dust all over her. And she had been knelt down when she did this. Knelt down behind something so that no one would see her with the dust on her.
So that was why, when she went to th desk, the Inn Keeper wasn't there, and had not seen her. She heard the conversation with the jogger outside. So when she saw him take off, she cleared her throat. She set her bag on the counter and began to get into it. She had two notes within her bag. One contained her instructions, where to go, how to get there, who to talk to, things like that. The other note was in a sealed envelope. It simply said Lady Inion on the outside of it. She unfolded the note that contained her instructions. She went down her list.
She had taken all of the correct portals, so she was in the right place. She had followed the directions to get to New Haven, she had even made a Starbucks stop while there. And she had followed the directions to get from New Haven to the Starry Myst Inn. So she was hoping that she was in the right place. She shifted her weight as she awaited the return of the Inn Keeper from the door. It made the leather of her pants creak softly.
Delivery from home ... Driver

Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inn Keeper Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:56 pm

He just looked and nodded at the man before he heard a throat being cleared. He turned around and saw the woman there. He smiled and bowed to the lady before walking up to and around her to behind the desk, With the smile he said. "Welcome to the StarryMyst Inn. How can I help you." The entire time he just had a smile on his face.
The Inn Keeper
The Inn Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Starguest Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:03 am

A smile crept upon her face as she watched the man come to help her. "Hello. I have a delivery. I was sent by Mrs. Seleen Darkite. She wishes that the items I brought be taken to her cabin. I also have a note. The envelope is addressed to a Miss Inion. But she said it could be received by any of the fairies." She produced the envelope and offered it to the man behind the counter.

She gave some thought to her cargo and her smile faded. "The load is quite heavy, would you happen to have anyone who could assist me with unloading it?" She didn't want to even touch the crate that the snake was in. "That is, of course, if you wish to receive the cargo. I mean, if you would prefer to refuse it, I could take it back and let them figure out another way to bring the items home." Though, that would mean more time with the snake.

She hadn't seen the cottages when she came up, so she thought that perhaps they were through the gardens, or perhaps even within them. "The motorcycles might be better stored in a garage or stable stalls or something of the like. I'm not sure you would want them leaving tracks in your foliage." She felt the need to add that in case he was going to accept the delivery.

Starguest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inn Keeper Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:42 am

He just smiled. "Ah yes. Well then, I should sign for it huh? As for helpers I can send of a few of the boys to help out with the shipment. As well as making sure that is a good place for the cycles. You can put them in the back in the stables at the moment until I can clean out some of the garage. As for the letter I will make sure that Lady Inion will have it. Is there anything else that would be needed?" He raised his hand out just in case there was something that he needed to sign for.
The Inn Keeper
The Inn Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Starguest Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:23 am

What a friendly Inn Keeper. She smiled and pulled out the shipping ticket and opened it up. She laid it out on the desk for him to sign. "Thank you, if you could just sign here please." She waited for him to sign. Then she took the edge off and gave him the yellow copy.

She put away the other to copies of the paper and waited for those helpers he offered. There was no way she was going to get anywhere near that snake if she didn't have to. She would help unload anything they asked, except that snake.

Starguest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inn Keeper Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:08 am

Kanna reached over and signed his name where she indicated on the paper. Then he accepted the yellow paper she offered him. "One moment please." With that he called up to room 402. He informed the man who answered the phone that he needed some helpers down at the front desk. Then he hung up the phone.

He looked at the young lady and smiled. "They will be right down." He put the letter in a slot under the desk. That way, when Lady Inion came in again, someone would know to give it to her. And if she didn't come in soon, he would deliver it out to her cottage.

Within a few moments, the ding of the elevator was heard. Three of the Goddess' employees stepped out and walked over to the counter. He motioned to the young lady with his hand, opened up and palm facing up. "This young lady would like some help unloading a delivery. You may put the motorcycles in the back of the stables for now." And with that he gave the men a slight bow. Then he turned to the young lady and bowed to her as well. "Safe journey." And he went back to book he had been reading when the delivery had arrived.
The Inn Keeper
The Inn Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Employees of the Goddess Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:55 am

Ivan, Andrew, and Jason were the three men who arrived on the scene. Of the three of them, Ivan had been with Venis the longest. So he was the one who responded to Kanna. "No problem, we'll get right on it." He looked to the other two who had come down with him.

Andrew motioned to the young lady for her to lead the way.
"After you ma'am." He smiled and his golden locks fell over his shoulders as he gave a slight bow.

Jason had already trotted over to the door to open it for her.
"Ladies first." It wasn't that any of these men were trying to flirt with this lady, they were just taught to be polite gentlemen. If every they weren't, they faced some serious consequences. Chivalry isn't dead everywhere.

They all went out the door behind her. The went with her over to the truck and Jason was the first one to spy Kaa on the back of the trailer. He peeked in the crate and then looked at the lady.
"What's in the straw?" He looked back while he waited for an answer.

It wouldn't take long for him to find out, because Kaa was awake, and he popped his head up out of the straw to look at Jason. Jason of course jumped back for a moment.
"Whoa! Startled me." Then he moved closer again. "Where do we take this to?" He definitely wanted to see this snake in full. He had no idea who it belonged to yet, but he would be pestering them once he found out.

Once the lady answered, Andrew moved over to help Jason with the crate. The two of them lifted it off and began to carry it to Seleen and Shuda's cottage. This thrilled Jason of course. Because now he knew who the snake belonged to, and who he had to pester to get time to play with it. And the day after the happy couple get's home, Jason will be here pestering Shuda about playing with his giant pet.

While Jason and Andrew were taking the crate o' snake to the cottage, Ivan helped the young lady unload the bikes. Then they each took one and began to walk it out to the stables. They put them where Kanna had told them to. Ivan walked the last bike over while the young lady started lifting some of the lighter boxes out of the bed of the truck.

When the crate was on the back porch of the cottage, Andrew and Jason returned to help with suit cases and boxes. Everything was carried over and put on the back porch with the crate. When they were done, she handed the box of keys to the bikes to Ivan and then she gave each of them a gold piece.

They were all three a little shocked to be getting the hold piece. But back on Earth it was proper to pay those who helped you unload your delivery. They all tried to give the money back, but she refused it. Instead she simply got back in her truck and headed back to Earth the way she came.

The men pocketed their coins and headed back inside. Ivan and Andrew had just come off a shift in the kitchen, and Jason had one coming up. So it was time to get cleaned up and rest.
Employees of the Goddess
Employees of the Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down