StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Looking In  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Looking In  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Looking In  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Looking In  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Looking In  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Looking In  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Looking In  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Looking In  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Looking In  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

Looking In

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking In  - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking In

Post by Starguest Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:51 am

• Leo •

Inion asked Leo about his hand and he took his time in responding. As he still had the food in his hand a few more bites were taken of it before leaning forward and setting it on the table. 

He looked straight ahead, not looking at anyone or anything in particular, and let out a sigh while bringing his left hand up. Leo flexed the hand and then brought it to rest upon his leg. 

"It is not a normal wound, Inion," Leo said with a bit of resignation in his voice and a touch of weariness. "It is the result of actions taken many, many years ago and to its end we have not found." Or did he believe that there was. 

"Mine is only on the hand. I shall be all right," he said while trying to offer Inion a confident smile. "Don't worry of it."

Starguest

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:50 am

(I meant to reply to this sooner but I got lost in the realm of work and detours)

Inion gave him a nod "some wounds can not be healed even with magic such as mine. But I may be able to ease it a bit. I can tell it causes you a bit of pain even though you mask it very well." Her hand reached out to him palm up. "I can give you a couple of things, one a pain killer that might be stronger then the one you are using but wont have any ill effects. I also have an ointment that will somewhat numb the wound but not the hnd it's self. Lastly I have something that might keep the wound from weeping too much. You have given me lovely gift let me repay you by offering you my skills in healing." She gave him a sweet charming smile that usually worked at charming people.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrina "Cat" Masterson Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:09 am

Catrina Sat and enjoyed the refreshments that Inion had laid out for them. She had nothing to add to the conversation about his wound. She was in no way able to help him, she wasn't the healer in the family. But she did lean to the side so she could peer out the window for a brief moment. She was checking on the dragons. Not because she heard anything, but just because it was her habit to do so.

As she righted herself in the seat again, she had a thought. They always said curiosity killed the Cat, but her rebuttal was always that satisfaction brought it back."Can you tell us about how the wound happened? Or maybe something more about it. I'm sorry, but the way you cover up for the pain, and the glove type thing you wear upon it makes it seem like you've had it for a long while. So I was just curious." She hoped that she wasn't overstepping any bounds or anything.
Catrina
Catrina "Cat" Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:56 am

It was an offer that would nto be right for him to let down. Looking at Inion he saw that she did have a care about his welfare so, this would be an offer that he should take. Besides, to refuse again, he would take it as an insult if the role they were reversed. So he gave a nod of his head and scooted back in his seat.

"All right. I will let you look at it," Leo said even if he was starting to feel more of a guilt on the inside. It was not that he thought that the to ladies could not handle the sight of blood, but it was the marking that he had. It was not something that he wore as a badge of honor.

Of his left hand he released the strap that was around the wrist. As he pulled it off of his hand, the smell of blood hit the air - good thing neither of the females indulged in blood. If they did then that was something he did not know. The pad that rested between his skin and the leather was nearly full and needed to be changed anyway.

Written on the back of his hand was the inscription 'Tantos lengua' surrounded by a circle. It was not a fresh wound even if it bled as if it was. The writing was etched deep into the hand, it had to be magically for Leo to still have use of that hand with how it was damaged. He handled the pain well on the outside.

What was he to say of it now?

Leo, he did look with a bit of a shrug, offering out the hand for them to see and putting the glove and it's cushion in his lap. "Is something that comes and goes, for it is not with me always." Leo said. Not many asked him about it for it was that not many knew of it. "I got the better end. This has been with me for seven years now. There is a long way yet to go." Until the appointed time for this curse to be over and done with.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Inion took his hand very gently. The wound was not what she expected but she showed no surprise on her face. She had seen and taking care of many oath wounds, but just one glance of his and she knew it was different. Her delicate fingers traced the outside of the wound with a cool numbing touch. "I can't heal it wounds like this as I am sure you know can't be healed by just anyone." She looked into his eyes and gave him a slight of center smile. "One bears them until released from the oath or curse" she moved her hand from underneath his and slowly the glmour faded a bit showing a scar running the length of her palm. After a moment she reached out for the napkin that sat unused next to her plate and wrapped it loosely around his hand. "Give me a few minutes to get things together." She let go of his hand and got up. Her movement was quick and of course she was gone from the room.

She wasn't long that she was gone returning with what looked like a lunch box. A sweet crooked smile and a twinkle in her eyes as she sat down next to him "ok so I put together a few things and even some travel size items for those times when you need them. First she held out a small pill and his drink "these can be taken every 8 hours or sooner if need be but no more then 8 in one day. They are strong but wont make you sleepy." Next she took out a jar about the size of a face cream jar on it there was a little wooden brush. She dipped the end in the jar then took his hand in hers. As gentle as possible she spread the cream on the outside of the wound without touching the open parts. "this will numb it and can be used anytime you need it. It is best to try not to get any in the wound and not to use your bare hands." Everything she did she made sure he could see. "For the last thing you want the cloth wet but not dripping." The last jar was large and had a clear liquid inside. Inion dipped in a small piece of cloth into it and made sure it wasn't too wet then laid it on top on his wound. "it well not stop the bleeding just slow it down. Don't keep one on all the time its not good for the wound. It will help while you are working and cant change the dressing as often as you want or when you are out and worry about unwanted attention." While she talked she rewrapped his hand and finally gave it back to him all good as new. She felt good helping someone lately she hadn't used her healing skills in a while. "if you need more of anything just let me know. Sorry if I seem alittle motherly just haven't gotten to help anyone like this in a while." She blushed a bit.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrina "Cat" Masterson Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:18 am

Catrina looked at his hand when he unwrapped it to show them. She winced slightly upon seeing it. But she had seen worse. "Is that Spanish?" She tilted her head to look at it from a different angle. She was trying to remember what she had been taught in school.

She started to feel like she was staring. So she looked up from his hand and back at his handsome face.
"Lengua, that's languages or something. Right?" She couldn't remember the other word, if she had ever known it. Then she just watched what Inion did to treat the wound for him.
Catrina
Catrina "Cat" Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:28 am

"We have tired. There is no harm in the trying." Leo said. It was that there was a bit of nervousness in his speech for he was not use to showing his wound about, having it seen by others outside of the very small collection that knew. "Always trying." Even if he sounded weary now, as to not being so before.

He mostly did seek for ways to help his friend - the other person who had such a curse, but bigger, made upon them. Leo's mark could happen upon any time of the year, but his friend, it lasted all the days of a month. It was for him that Leo always felt the more sorry for. Thinking of it, he could not smile to Inion as he wanted to while he watched her take care of his hand. He did not move or flinch, but let her caring hands do their work.

His mind was in a slight haze of thought still when Catrina's question came through and his eyebrows lifted first in the hearing. If it were not for the symbol on the hand being wrapped over already he would have held it up better for the other to see. "Tantos lengua" Leo said, the worlds rolling together smoothly off his tongue. "It is essentially meaning that I can speak many languages. I only have to hear it, read it, and for the duration of that time I know it as my own. To much time understanding a tongue I have not fully learned.." He left it at that, giving a nod to his hand.

This curse was especially useful for his line of work, but it wasn't something that Leo was grateful to have. The usefulness was partially overshadowed by the damage and pain. "There are so many languages in the universe. Oh so many."

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Even though she could tell exactly what he was thinking she could feel his nervousness and worry for someone else. She didn't voice it but she had a pretty good idea who. Looking at the things she was giving him an idea came to her, "there is enough stuff here that if you need to use it on someone else it would be ok and then if you need more you just have to ask." She watched him as he let her fix up his hand the weariness gave her more concern. "Leo you look tired you are welcome to rest here before heading back to the Inn. The girls wont be back for awhile. Or i can call you a car so you don't have to walk all the way back." She made sure all the meds where packed up, then started to clean up the lunch plates. While she was in the kitchen she grabbed a plate of peanut butter cookies and some fudge and what she needed to refreash the drinks. Inion could hear them talking, it always surprised her the things humans went through to learn languages. It gave her an idea on something to work on. She returned and sat the treats within reach and refreshed the drinks while she waited for Leo.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrina "Cat" Masterson Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Catrina frowned. The man, who's name she had still not been given, seemed so melancholy in regards to his wound and it's effects. She felt so bad for him. "A double edged sword. It must be like being in your own personal hell." She nearly reached for his good hand in an effort to comfort him.

She watched as Inion worked on his wound, tending to it so carefully and tenderly. It seemed like they were great friends for her to care for him so. It made Cat smile softly for a moment. She had a friend like that at home. But she was here to get away from those she had at home. So she quickly moved her thoughts to other things. Like trying to be a comforting presence to the handsome man before her.
Catrina
Catrina "Cat" Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Starguest Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:27 pm

|| I am terrible at my PW, can Leo be reset again, please? ||

It was that Leo could see the senseroty in their actions when it came to the issue about his hand. If he had been given a choice, this would not have been something he would choose. For the role he was born into required that he know things of different cultures, the curse was a different thing altogether.

For now he would keep the leather casing off, and he put it in his pocket to be sure. He rose from his seat when Inion left the room and considered her offer while the other lady spoke. "You are right," and he extended his good hand to her for a shake. "Leo, you may call me. There's no reason to not have that name. And you speak right." He would take his hand back afterwards and move around to the other side of the table, concern shadowing over his face. "It is much my personal Hell." That part he did say with a mutter under his breath, but that did not mean that it was not able to be heard by the others in his company .

"Thank you, Inion, for your offer, but it is that I should.... go." There was a bit of hesitation there and his eyes lowered to scan across the floor. He did not want to trouble them more with his troubles. He had come to give the gift to Inion and, before anything else would happen, he should go. Was good that she have it for it was safe with her.

"Though I will not make myself a stranger to these parts. I can see myself out, so you two need not trouble yourself." He did start to make his way to the door.

Starguest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum