StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Quality time EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Quality time EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Quality time EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Quality time EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Quality time EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Quality time EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Quality time EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Quality time EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Quality time EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

Quality time

Go down

Quality time Empty Quality time

Post by Venis Jordianthan Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:05 am

((This happened a few days before Venis went hunting.))

-After giving it some thought and some nudging by her father Kyra made her way to the Keep for a few days to see to things at her house. Seeing nothing has changed not even the house near her that someone else lived in, she made her way to the inn to check in on the family there. Not sure why her father was insistent on this but she did as he wished. Finally getting to her destination she walked around the grounds getting a feel for the land and seeing who might be around before she went to check in.-

If she listened closely enough, she would her her Grandmother out in the stables. Willow had been rather depressed lately and Venis had gone out there to check on her. At the moment they were kicking a not quite ripe pumpkin back and fourth to each other. Which was what had Venis giggling loud enough to be heard by those who were around to hear.

-She did hear the noise and made her way to find out what it was. Seeing the pair kicking the pumpkin made her laugh a little but making sure she stayed far enough back to not interrupt them but sensing there was something wrong with animal.-

The large pink dragon caught wind of Kyra before Venis did. Which was unusual in and of itself. Venis had been rather distracted as of late and her mind was busy even with the merriment of playing with her dragon. But Willow turned to look in the direction of Kyra and a huge smile spread across her scaly lips. Now it had always been a tightly kept secret as to whether Willow could speak or not, but a noise was made by the dragon. It could have been words or it could have been innate sounds, but either way, it was meant to ask Kyra to come play with them.

-She smiled hearing the noise from Willow and instead of going with her gut and taking a seat in the grass she moved closer to them standing there looking between them before speaking- Hello

Venis looked to her Granddaughter with a very genuine smile. "Hello Kyra. Beautiful day today, isn't it?" The sun was shinning and there was a gentle breeze. It was wonderful spring weather for it still being January. Just one of those flukes of nature more than likely. "Have you met Willow?" She motioned to the Dragon with a sweep of her hand. Willow started bouncing up and down and getting over excited at that. Venis had always compared Willow to a dinosaur from and Earth cartoon. The cartoon was called the Flintstones, and the dinosaur was Dino.

-A smile was still on her lips but her eyes told a different story as she shook her head as a hand reaches up to pet the dragon- I don't believe I have, Hi Willow...very pretty

Willows tail thumped on the ground and she licked Kyra with her forked tongue. Venis laughed and figured she had better warn her. "Careful, she might grab you up and toss you on her back and take flight." Venis could see that something seemed to be bothering her Granddaughter so she figured she would see if she could help. "Is everything ok Kyra? Is there something I could help with?" She was more than happy to have something to do that would keep her from thinking about the recent rash of deaths that she was still trying to figure out.

-Laughs a little as she is licked and took the warning gratefully. Looking up at her she shook her head- I'm fine nothing I can't handle. -yes she was fibbing a little but she wasn't sure what was wrong she just felt something was wrong, she didn't even tell her father she had been in overdrive working to stay busy to get rid of this feeling-

Venis nodded in acceptance of the answer, though she suspected the fib. But they were doing ok lately, so pushing her would be a bad idea. It might cause a set back in their relationship. That was the last thing that Venis wanted. Willow moved the pumpkin with her front claw towards Kyra. She wanted Kyra to play too. She nudged her gently so that she would notice the pumpkin and hopefully kick it for her.

-She sighed her face started to show the signs of the lack of sleep that she had been dealing with for the past few months, mostly ever since the wedding. She laughed a little at the nudge and kicked the pumpkin back to Willow. She was sure Venis would start to notice that she didn't look as healthy as she did the last time she seen her, that would be due to not sleeping and barely eating.-

Venis did notice, and she wasn't looking her best either. She was very pale and unusually thin. It seemed that her and her Granddaughter had something in common at the moment. "Kyra, can I ask you something sweety?" Venis suspected that the two were suffering the same effects, and if that was the case, maybe they could help each other find the cause or causes.

-Continues to play with Willow and nods to Venis- Sure....

Willow was taking turns kicking the pumpkin to Kyra, then Venis, then Kyra, then Venis. It was very fun for her and was really cheering her up. Venis continued to play as she spoke. "Have you been having trouble sleeping and been kinda not very hungry lately?" She had to ask because that was how she was feeling.

-laughs a little watching the game and playing of course that was until the question was asked and her lips curved down into a bit of a frown- Mostly as in I don't do either...I eat when I think of it.

Venis nodded rather solemnly. "Same here. I can't quite put my finger on the reason. You?" She would have guessed that Kyra didn't know why she was having issues anymore than Venis. But they had to start somewhere before they both starved to death.

-shakes her head- it started the night of the wedding...part of me is feeling guilty for something -shrugs a little-

Venis nodded. "He slept in a room on the third floor. Just him and a bottle of tequila." She didn't know if that would make her feel better or not, but at least he had been alone and not with another woman. "There's been some rather disturbing things going on lately. Some unexplained deaths." She wasn't sure if Kyra would want to go down this tail of thought with her so she left it at that to see what Kyra had to say about it.

-It didn't make her feel any better it only made her feel worse because she has brought a friend which is what he was regardless of what anyone else may have thought but she left that alone at the moment listening to her talk about what's been going on- Vampires?

Venis nodded. "Some of the animal deaths were because of vampires. But a lot of the deaths have been vampires. And other mythical's too. Kyra, I found two dead fairies the other day. One of them had wings like yours and I ran to make sure it wasn't you. It scared me." She had nearly had a heart attack when she thought it was her granddaughter laying there. And even though she was a vamp, she could have had the heart attack, she made her hear beat all the time. It was a usual thing for her.

-Watches her as she tells her about the deaths and her heart nearly stopped as she told her of the faeries.- Lucky for me I've been at Castle Darkmane since the reception...even spent my birthday alone in my bedroom.

Venis realized that she didn't even know her own Granddaughters Birthday. She was rather embarrassed as she spoke. "I'm sorry about that. When was your Birthday sweety?" She would make a point of getting her something good to make up for the grievous error.

It's November 19th...my dad tried to throw me a party with some friends but...I didn't feel up to it.

Venis nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't know. I would have gotten you something. I will get you something still. But can I ask a favor of you? It is a simple favor, I promise." Venis was scared for her family with all these recent deaths, and she was going to do anything she could to protect them.

-smiles at her willingness to make it up to her but shook her head- It's not necessary but what is the favor, if I can I will try to do it.

Venis nodded, the gift might not have been necessary, but she wanted to do it. "I would like you to try to avoid going anywhere alone, especially at night, when at all possible. And if I had a medallion made for you, would you wear it at all times? I will put the Darkmane crest on the front, but my crest on the back. I won't enchant it if you don't want me to. But I am having them made for my friends and family and enchanting them with alarms that will notify me if they are in danger and putting a protection spell on them to help them defend themselves a little better so they can hold on long enough for me to get there." The humans would be wearing them soon as well, all her employees. Anyone who sought her protection. It was the best way she could think of to keep them all safe.

-She thought a few moments before answering her taking note of the concern and figured it was a simple enough request that wouldn't kill her to oblige.- I will wear it and I promise not to go out alone...so I suppose I will be finding a room and planting myself in it. Charm it if you wish but I don't think it would be necessary.

Venis smiled and breathed a sigh of relief as well. "You don't have to plant yourself in a room. I can assign you a guard if you wish. Or you can just find whomever is available to go out when you want to go somewhere." Venis felt better knowing that her Granddaughter would be a little safer now.

-shakes her head- I don't want to be a burden on anyone honest....and you do realize I can protect myself yes?

Venis nodded. "Yes, I do. So can others within our family and circle of friends. But I have even asked Tasha to not go out alone. And she is a werepanther. I am especially concerned for the mythical beings in our family as they seem to be what is being hunted. But if you do go out alone, please be extra careful. And you could never be a burden to anyone." She smiled as they continued to play with Willow, who seemed to have an endless supply of energy.

-Nods with a bit of a sigh and mutters under her breathe as she kicks the pumpkin around to Willow- Oh I'm sure there is one person I would be a burden to but anyway I will do as you ask and find someone to go out with if I do choose to get out.

Venis smiled again. "Thank you Kyra. So what would you like for your belated Birthday present? Or are you going to leave it in my hands?" She gave a light chuckle at that one. She chose not to comment on the mumbling about who she thought she would be a burden to. Venis knew he wouldn't find Kyra a burden, but their issues were between them and she was not going to interview without being asked.

I will leave it in your hands...if I have my choice it will be nothing. -She was glad she didn't say anything, she didn't need that right now even though she did want to see him but that would come in time when he was ready for she was sure someone had seen her by now and alerted him to her being there.-

Venis smiled and nodded. She would have bought her Granddaughter a golden palace if she so desired, but she figured something a little more subdued would be better. And someone had alerted Isah, who was back at the Keep making sure that everything was going smoothly with the preparations for the upcoming catacomb digging. Keven had been in the other stables where the equines were being housed, he was cleaning them when he saw her pass on her way to the larger stables where Willow was. He called Isah on his cell to let him know that Kyra was out of hiding. Isah had thanked him and hung up. Keven suspected that he was on his way to the Inn from the sound of his voice.

-Kyra was busy kicking the ball to Willow when it happened her belly made this loud loud loud growling sound and she did her best to hide the sound but was positive everyone within a 50 mile radius could have heard it-

Venis giggled hearing the sound. "Lunch is on me. You wanna eat at the bar or go out somewhere?" Venis was a little hungry herself, so she would find herself a bottle of blood wine wherever they headed.

-cringing just a bit she couldn't help but laugh a little- Some where close...I'm starting to feel tired -she was a bit concerned because these both were feelings she had been able to ignore lately but today she couldn't for some reason.-

Perhaps it was because her Grandmother was feeling the same way that she couldn't ignore the feelings this time. "Anywhere is close when you can portal there. But if you're feeling tired we can go eat at the bar. You can sleep in my spare room if you wish, or I can get you one of your own." Venis' suite had two bedrooms in it, one was empty. She picked up the pumpkin and tossed it to Willow. "We're going to go have lunch ow sweety, we'll come play again later." Willow licked them both before she grabbed up the pumpkin and rolled over on her back with it. She began playing with it like she was a cat with a ball of yarn. Venis motioned with a sweeping of her hand for them to head up to the main building of the Inn for lunch at the bar.

Right now I will get through eating and get some sleep before I make any decisions like that. -She waves to Willow as she followed behind her to the inn- Bye Willow see you later.

Willow waved to them and returned to her pumpkin. Venis walked with Kyra up to the Inn and inside. They headed over to the bar so that they could get something to eat. "What would you like to eat Kyra?" Venis looked to see who was working this shift.

-Kyra didn't even think when she started rattling off things- A cheeseburger with mayo and pickles, cheese fries, fried pickles with ranch and a pizza with mushrooms and a Dr. Pepper -ok so she wasn't going to tell her how long it really had been since she ate cause she knows she would get yelled at like her father and mother and other grandmother did but worse yet she knows others beside Venis would yell too and she didn't need that-

Ivan had walked over to them to take their order just in time to catch Kyra saying what she wanted. So he wrote it all down and smiled. Venis chuckled and say Ivan writing as he was walking up. She looked up at him. "And I'll take a sixteen ounce steak raw and thawed, a bottle of blood wine, O-, and blackberry Bavarian pie if there is any." She smiled and Ivan wrote the stuff down. He nodded to them before he took the ticket to the kitchen. He brought back the soda for Kyra with a cup of ice and the bottle of blood wine for Venis with a wine glass. "Enjoy ladies. Lunch will be ready soon. Good to see you again Kyra." And he meant it too. Most everyone in Venis' employ liked Kyra. A few women were jealous of her, but for the most part she was very well liked.

-She smiled giggling just a little but that could have been from a thought she had in her sleep deprived head of hers. She took a sip before answering him- Thank you Ivan it's good to see you as well. -It would thrown Kyra for a loop to know all that especially the jealous part. Looking to Venis she made a slight face finally realizing what she ordered- Ok, that still grosses me out completely.

Venis chuckled. "Sorry. Would you prefer I ate later? I don't mind." Truth be told though, if Venis waited, she would either get too busy or forget to eat. But if Kyra was going to have trouble eating she would wait.

-Kyra shook her head- No if I have to eat you have to eat...-grins as she took another sip of her Dr. Pepper- Besides I'm so hungry right now if I had to I would eat like you

Venis chuckled. "Yes ma'am." She poured herself a glass of blood wine. Her hand would look a little pink as she heated the glass to warm the wine before she took a sip. She was very careful to not get any on her lips or the corners of her mouth.

-Kyra smiled and looked away not wanting to watch her drink as she let her thoughts drift off to some other things for a moment letting her drink her blood-

She set the glass down and made sure her mouth was completely clear before she spoke again. "So, do you like the house out at the Keep?" She knew Kyra had set herself up a home there and was happy for it. But if she needed something Venis wanted to know so she could get it for her. "Is there anything you need for it?" She could smell food being cooked in the kitchen. It smelt good, even her stomach almost growled.

-Kyra's stomach started growling again as she also smelled the food- I don't think so everything I need was gotten that one day we all went out shopping. Truth be told I really haven't spent much time there since I got it. When I went there before I came here I had to do a dirty job of cleaning out the fridge -nearly gags again at the thought-

Venis wrinkled her nose and chuckled. "There's a lady that works down at the bakery, if you're going to be away for a while, even if you hadn't planned on it, she can make arraignments to have your stuff dealt with in your absence so you don't have to deal with rotten food. Well, if you want her too anyway. I believe you've met her before. She makes bread deliveries, she told me that she had seen a fairy who was looking for Isah one day." Venis smiled. Everyone told her everything that had to do with people coming and going from the Keep. Well, unless they were used to seeing the person come and go that is. So now that Kyra was a resident, people weren't going to report her every move to Venis. They were used to her being there.

-cringes remembering that day all to well- I will remember that for next time but then again I'm hoping there isn't a next time to deal with it.

Venis chuckled. "I actually do remember days like that. My parents and I returned from a trip once and my mother had forgotten to deal with the food. The smell was so bad that I wanted to gag. We opened up the whole house to air it out and used as much of the food as we could for compost. Then the rest we had to just throw out because it wouldn't have worked in the compost heap." She smiled at the over three hundred year old memory. She didn't usually remember stuff from back then, but every once in a while, something triggers a memory or two.

-laughs a little and starts to blink having just remembered she forgot to close her windows before coming here- I hope it doesn't rain...You made me remember I forgot to close my windows before I left

Venis chuckled. "Climate control bubble. It takes a huge storm outside of the Keep to make it rain in the Keep." She chuckled again. Because of the bubble, she sometimes had to make it rain in the Keep for the sake of crops and yards and the self-contained water supply.

Phew but what if the something that is going on causes a big storm??

Venis arched her eyebrows and looked thoughtful. "Well, hopefully your neighbors are home and they can close them from the outside for you. If not, there are some people who walk around the Keep in bad weather to check things like that. Maybe they would make it to you in time. There's usually two or three per street." She smiled. She wasn't sure how many worked the street that Kyra lived on.

-A rather worried look crossed her face as her belly started growling to the point it hurt this time-

Ivan had impeccable timing as he started bringing food to the table.

{T.B.C.}
Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Quality time Empty Re: Quality time

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:43 pm

-Seeing the food being sat down in front of her and not able to contain the growling in her belly any long she tried her best to start off slow because lord only knows when she actually ate the last time but couldn't help herself and dove into the food and started shoveling in it not thinking anything of manners as she did so.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:26 am

Venis was rather ravished herself. She smiled as she saw Kyra dig into her food. She was glad that she was getting something into her stomach. She picked up her knife and fork and began to cut into her steak. It bled on the plate as she cut it. They had heated it on the grill for just a moment, not enough to even brown it. It was perfect. And when Venis took that first bite she moaned softly.

They ate in silence for a moment. But after a bit of time, long enough for their stomaches to quiet so they could hear over them, she chose to speak. "Kyra, I meant what I said about the spare room. You're welcome to it any time you need it. And I promise to not be a doting Grandmother and try to keep you under my thumb. You're free to come and go as you please." She hated people like that.

She ate some more of her steak. She washed it down with some more blood wine. "I think I might have an idea of what to get you for a late Birthday present as well. I will have it shipped over here tonight, you can open it in the morning." She was truly enjoying the time with her Granddaughter, for however long it was going to last. And she was hopeful that she would take the invitation to stay.
Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:55 pm

-After a few moments she stopped eating as her belly was hurting and was feeling sick to her stomach, largely because she hadn't been eating and the food wasn't settling normally. She took a drink of her soda and nodded to her as she spoke. She didn't really want to check in because chances are she was only going to be in and out periodically. She wasn't going to admit this but she was nervous as to what she was getting for her late birthday present.-

Thank you for the offer, I think I will take you up on it. Might need to lay down here soon.....not feeling so hot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:26 am

Venis nodded and motioned for Shamus to come back over. "Shamus, be a doll and have any of our leftovers, that will last a minute, wrapped up and taken to my room." She handed him a spare key. "Have them put into the fridge and leave the key on the kitchen counter so Kyra can find it later." She smiled at Kyra then.

She got up from the table and waited for Kyra to join her. "Come on, I'll show you to your room. I think I'll take a nap too." She motioned for her to go ahead as they headed from the bar. It was up to Kyra if they took the stairs or the elevator to the fifth floor. Once they got up there Venis would show her to the spare bedroom.
Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 pm

-Nods to her and gives Shamus a slight smile as she followed behind Venis and opted for elevator as it was faster. Feeling herself getting weaker and in need of rest. Once she was up there and was shown to the room she looked to Venis.-

Thank you for letting me stay in here and also for not pushing me to talk about what's going on.

-She gave her a slight smile before turning and going into the room and shutting the door. Not meaning to be rude she just new her limitations at the moment and she was far past exceeding them today. She made it to the bed and fell upon it not even covering up or taking off her shoes before she was out like a light.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:08 am

Venis nodded to Kyra as she was entering the bedroom. "You're always welcome. I'm across the hall if you need me." When Kyra closed the door Venis turned around and headed into her room. She hit her pillows and closed her eyes. Though it took her some time to fall asleep.

((Sorry, I had almost forgotten to close this one.))
Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum