StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
To Room #403 {Open} - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

To Room #403 {Open}

+4
Gwendolan
Manny Costas
RusDring
Ryanna
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

To Room #403 {Open} - Page 2 Empty Re: To Room #403 {Open}

Post by Manny Costas Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:16 am

Manny looked over at the young man when he spoke.  He was currently down on one knee, cleaning up the spilled coffee from earlier. "Heh, yea.  S.S.D.D." A quote from one of his favorite movies.  He looked back to see what he was doing. 

As he got up off the floor, without so much as a groan to signify his age, he looked back at the young man. 
"So, Doc kick you out or something?"  He moved to the sink to rinse out the washcloth he had been soaking up the coffee with.

He went over to the stove to stir the simmering pot of chicken broth. 
"You want anything to drink or anything?" He would continue to be polite to the young man, after all, he was staying at the Inn.  But there was something going on here and Manny was bound and determined to find out what it was.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:46 am

De'Ryanna was dripping power all over Tasha.  The wolf was ready to lash out at any moment.  Regardless of form.  It was making it so that it was hard for Tasha to control her own beast.  Which could go very bad.  Feeling that she had no choice, Tasha lashed out with her own power.  Only she was trying to sooth and calm De'Ryanna's beast.  Like if her power reached in and petted the wolf inside.  It was definitely meant to calm the beast and keep it from rising and attacking.

As Tasha watched her move, she moved with her. "Hey, De'Ryanna.  Look at me.  Sweetie, I need you to hear my voice.  I can't let you out of this room right now.  You need to calm down and cover up first.  You don't want those men to see you naked.  You don't like anyone seeing you naked.  Look at me, you know I'm telling you the truth.  Come back to me De'Ryanna.  You're in control here, not the wolf.  It must always be you."  The man was out of the room now, it was ok to use names.  She turned her body to match the movements of De'Ryanna's crouched form.  There was no way she was going to let her out of this room in her current condition.  It was far too dangerous.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:11 am

...... They had not seen the same movies

Or many movies at all. Manny’s  SSDD reference went right over Daniel’s head, so all he did was nod. It was a good way of staying neutral.

“Picking my battles,” Daniel said in his response as to whether or not he was kicked out.  Which he wasn’t.  The doctor had suggested what he should do, and he followed in on the advice.

Daniel wasn’t saying much, he was keeping an eye out for what was happening in the other room with his Opportunity. There were strange dealings going on at this place, and he was almost suspicious to think that the people in this room were trying to cover something up. Especially when he heard the next thing Manny said.

...... He had to hand it to their hospitality

Whether it was here, or where he first came across Venis’ people at that Keep, they were always ready to offer something. When Manny presented Daniel with this offer, he looked at him cautiously and gave a single shake of his head.

“Wouldn’t be trying to poison me, would you?” Daniel said it almost as a joke. He smiled to show there were no hard feelings involved in his quip.  “Strange man showing up at your door in the middle of the night with Miss Ayabra. Since then you’ve been trying to get me to eat or drink something.”  If he had been a paranoid person it was likely that Daniel would not have stayed around.

“You all are not compelled to serve, are you?”  They did say Venis was a goddess, so who’s to say what she had over the people who worked for her.

“And if it’s all the same to you, I’ll wait until she’s ready to leave.” Daniel said, they both knew who he was speaking about.

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanna Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:51 am

It may have looked like De’Ryanna - or ‘Ellisande’ as she thought herself to be - but the only one at the helms was the wolf.  The human side was tucked back deeply in the mind, shutting everything out.

To the wolf, Tasha’s words were not understood.  They were simply different variances of sound. Noise being spoken in a pattern and beat.  What the wolf did understand were the actions and smells that came from the other in the room.  

It sensed the other beast and, when it did, the wolf’s growl grew deeper.  The way out was right there, so very close to leave, but this other one was in the way. Her eyes were already watching the others and now that deep growl started to ease.  There was nowhere else to go on the bed and maybe, just maybe, the other would let the wolf go if she stopped being so threatening.

The wolf's heart was still beating wildly but in an effort to calm down and have a possible escape, the growling was ceasing.  Right now the wolf thought Tasha wouldn’t come any closer.

Ryanna
Ryanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:02 am

Manny checked the heat under the pot as he spoke. "Well, maybe not exactly the same shit just a different day.  People in this family tend to keep a good eye on their health and don't usually pass out from near dehydration.  I actually think this was a first. I mean, obviously, we aren't all health nuts.  But with doctors in the family ..."  He patted his stomach as he spoke of not being health nuts.  Then he gave a soft chuckle. He moved to the fridge where he began searching for a sports drink as per Tasha's request. 

While he was digging in the fridge, because sports drinks were not something that was very prevalent in his fridge, he heard the comment about picking his battles. "Battles?" He sat up from looking in the fridge to look at the young man for a moment.  Then he spotted the blue drink in a bottle in the bottom of the door."Should I start to worry about my bedroom getting torn up?"  He pulled it out and set it on the counter as he closed the fridge.

He moved back to check the pot again to make sure that the broth wasn't boiling away. Hearing the man's comments made him chuckle once again.  "Poison you?  Oh no, not at all.  I'm used to visitors at all hours."   He went to the cabinet to pull out a bowl and a cup. He couldn't help but chuckle again. "Nope, not compelled at all. My mother raised me that it was rude to eat or drink in front of guests without offering them refreshment as well.  And since I was having more coffee, I thought to ask again if you wanted anything." He pulled a spoon and a reusable straw out of the utensil drawer.

He was setting things upon a tray as he retrieved them.  "No problem.  If you want to wait, than feel free.  It might be a while though.  You're welcome to have a seat and make yourself comfortable.  No reason to just stand around." He had everything set so that all he had to do was pour the liquids into their receptacles when Tasha asked for them and then take them in to the ladies.

Manny knew that you could never go wrong if you just minded your manners.  And he fully intended to do just that.  So he poured himself another cup of coffee and set to making a fresh pot. "So, how did you meet our girl?"  He took said cup of coffee with him to sit down wherever he would need to sit to be able to continue conversing with the young man.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:17 am

Tasha noticed that De'Ryanna seemed to be calming down.  That was a good sign.  She continued trying to sooth the beast with her own power, but didn't move any closer.  When she saw De'Ryanna making eye contact, she closed her eyes.  Her eyes would give her away even before her scent would.  And this wolf did not seem to be in the mood to play nice with a kitty cat.

Even though De'Ryanna seemed to be calming down, it was still risky to let her out of the room.  Too risky to do much of anything other than to get her calmed down and bring her back to herself.  She thought to herself ~This is going to hurt me a hell of a lot more than it's going to hurt her.~  But she knew that she had to reach the human inside and get her back in control of her own beast and body. ~De'Ryanna.  De'Ryanna Aybara.  Can you hear me.  I need you to nod or say something so I know you can hear me.~  She continued with the soothing energy as she readied herself for the backlash that could come from making mind to mind contact with De'Ryanna. 

She didn't understand much about The Source or the people connected to it, but she knew that mind to mind contact could be bad. But what choice did she have?  She had to get De'Ryanna back in control of herself. ~You can't go out there.  It's too dangerous.  You need to stay in here for now.  Please tell me that you can hear me.~  She was running out of ideas.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:37 pm

...... Daniel made a slight smile

“Unless you plan on attacking me, I think we’re pretty safe,” Daniel said. After a momentary thought he added to his statement . “Unless, of course, the ladies bring a fight to us.” In the normal sense he knew that females could get ‘catty’ but what he had glimpsed in that room had said that any tiff would be vicious.

It goes without saying that being in the room with Manny could potentially be a battle - nothing physical, but it would still be a fight - as this man was no fool.  Neither was this Daniel, though he lacked the years of experience Manny had under his belt.

...... The offer of a seat was considered

While he would rather continue to stand Manny was right in thinking the females could be a while. Besides, he could still jump up in a moment if he needed and it was worth taking a shot at their hospitality. If he sat down and suddenly found himself stuck to the chair then it would be a lesson learned. Daniel pushed off from the doorway and pulled out a chair, holding on to its back.  A turn of his wrist and the chair twirled on a single leg until it was facing backwards to the table and then Daniel sat down, crossing his arms over the back of the chair.

He took a moment to watch Manny with his drink, truthfully Daniel was stalling, running lines in  his head on the best way to answer the proposed question. In the end Daniel gave a casual rolling shrug of his shoulders. “How does anyone meet anyone?  They come across each other.”  That was a standard answer as any.  “You could say that . . . we have something mutually beneficial.

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanna Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:51 am

Tasha was right about one thing - this was going to hurt her a lot more than it would 'Ellisande'. The people that knew her - De'Ryanna - know that to try and connect, unwanted, with her mind was a dangerous and painful thing. Her mind was like a lock box due to tricks she had learned as a child; and wards and triggers set by other people.

One of these wards had been out in place by Benjamin. He had given it to her after the time of her first shift, when the animal had been filled with so much rage and hate that it was dangerous to be set free. It was his fail safe to that thin silver chain that had been around her waist and kept her from shifting uncontrollably. It is why she had only started to shift there in the room but was unable to take on the form. Everything was no perfect, there were flaws and loopholes, one just had to find them.

Touching 'Ellisande's' mind at this stage would cause the intruder to burn - not literally, but that is how it would feel. Searing fire coursing through the veins - starting with the brain - and then making its way through the rest of the body's complex system of pathways. Though there was no actual fire, the pain of being burned was very real, especially as it started in the mind.

Of course, a person could push through this level, but who's to say what damage they would have brought to themselves or to the person they were trying to make the connection? How many other levels would they have to go through?

It was unknown to 'Ellisande' what was going on as she was still curled away in the far corner of her mind.
Ryanna
Ryanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:53 am

Heh, had the young man seen Tasha's eyes, which he hadn't as she had avoided eye contact with him, he would have found his thought of things getting catty to be rather funny.  Had he spoken the thought aloud, Manny would have probably found it just as amusing.

That being said, Manny had no intent of attacking the man, and chose to tell him as much. "I hadn't intended on attacking you.  But it is interesting that the ladies could be getting into a fight.  More so that they could be bringing it out to us." Now that they had that cleared up.  Manny was chuckling at the thought of the two of them fighting.  He would almost pay to see such a thing.

Nodding in response to "Daniel"'s comment about how people meet Manny took a sip from his coffee.  It wasn't until the second part of his statement that Manny's curiosity was piqued again. "Mutually beneficial?  Do tell."  After all, it was such an interesting thing to say, it simply begged for an explanation.  
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:15 am

Tasha should have listened to her inner voice and not even tried the mental link.  But she had to try, and now she was paying for it.  She felt like her brain was on fire.  This caused Tasha to bring both hands to her head as she squeezed her eyes her eyes shut and groaned from the pain.  But the sensation didn't remain there. 

When the sensation of being on fire began to course through her veins, Tasha growled her very feline growl as she gritted her teeth and began to claw at her arms.  And as it coursed through her veins even more she stopped clawing at her own arms and placed both hands upon the bed.

She could feel the blood trickling down her arms as she began to ball her hands into fists.  Her hands began to change shape slowly.  It had been a long time since her shift moved so slowly.  You could hear the bones breaking and the tendons popping.  Her skin had not cracked open yet, nor had an fur began to coat her flesh.  But her nails grew into slivers of claws, thin and very sharp.  And as she curled her fingers the claws punctured the bedding and then the mattress.

Tasha growled again as she opened her eyes wide.  Seeing that she was in fact not on fire, and that she had not only bled herself, but damaged the mattress, she clenched her teeth.  The unexpected presence of her fangs only served to make her even more angry.  She could taste the blood in her mouth from where she cut her human lips that were never meant to contain feline teeth.

She felt she had no choice but to push on. 
~De'Ryanna, for the love of the God's, stop this.  You must hear me.  I need you to be in control of yourself here.  Please, De'Ryanna.  Please.  End this and get hold of yourself.~  She had to get through to the woman.  There was no way she could let her out of the room with the feral wolf in charge, even if the body hadn't changed shape.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:27 am

...... He cracked a smile

From what Manny has said, Daniel thought that the man was implying that the two ladies were not the fighting type. They were females and they were in the same room.  Not to mention that he saw one growling at the other.

“Interesting as in ‘expected’?” Daniel suggested, that smile still staying on his lips. “It goes without saying that the two of them are female.” And females of a different nature too, if he was correct.  He had seen females get mad at each other but his Opportunity clearly wasn’t the normal, run of the mill, type, and neither was the doctor if she sent the males out so she could deal with it herself.   His conclusion - both of them were anything but human.

...... Daniel started to get antsy sitting in the chair.

He hated feeling that he was missing out on something that could be important to him.  Daniel wanted to know what was happening in the other room.

The second question was posed to him about the same time that Daniel heard noises coming from the bedroom, and he turned his head in the direction to listen for a moment.  

Daniel took in a deep breath and strummed his fingers on the back of his chair, the rings he wore clicking nicely off the wood. “The hospitality of this group has reached a new level,” Daniel said as he pushed back on the chair and stood up. “I’m forced to question your intentions behind what is said and done. My place is not here, at the table, with you and answering questions about my relationship with Miss Aybara.  It’s with her.  And, if you all really look out for, and protect each other as you said, you’d be with your doctor than trying to entertain me and your cup.”

It only affirmed to him that he should not have taken a seat in the first place.  

...... He left the kitchen.

Daniel had never shut the door to the bedroom, and he had never heard it close after him either, so when he entered the hall he had a decent view of the inside.  From what he could see, things were not going well, in fact, they got worse?  Daniel moved a bit closer, still outside of the room.  He still didn’t have anything to fight with but, if it came to him, who’s to say it would be needed?  

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanna Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Of course, 'Ellisande' was not aware of what Tasha was feeling or what was happening to her.  Technically she had no real knowledge of what happened to a person when they tried to connect to her mind except they were blocked and got hurt, but not to what extremes - probably because she didn't let people try.

What Tasha was feeing did not let up, it only persisted and then there was a wall. If Tasha was trying to reach De'Ryanna by actually putting herself into her mind to 'see' what was inside, then she would see this large, thick wall.  Though there were consequences of going into that state - for one, it meant not being aware of what was happening to the body in the real world - but it was the only way to get past the wall and closer to reaching De'Ryanna using that method.

The wolf saw that Tasha was in pain and the smell of blood was enough to snap her out of the calm and quiet state she had been in.  The wolf's eyes narrowed and the deep growling started from the bottom of her throat again.. This wolf was surprised to see that she was still in the room and that the door was still open....

It was time to get out of here.   When the wolf looked out the door she saw another figure in the hallway but he looked easy to bypass.  There was only one thing for this wolf to do - as she was right by the door, she made a go for it.

Ryanna
Ryanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Manny raised his eyebrows and tilted his head slightly as he was bringing his cup to his lips again. "Interesting as in I did not expect them to get into it again.  Given the current situation that is."  He took the sip of coffee and replaced the cup upon the table.  He was not going to elaborate on his use of the word again in that sentence. "Yes, that they are."  Manny nodded in affirmation of them being female.  Though, the pair of them being female is not always a reason for a fight.

A lone eyebrow raising to a high arch was the first reaction Manny had to the young man speaking of the hospitality he was being offered.  But he heard the young man out before rising from his own chair as he spoke. "I do not see a problem with our hospitality.  It seems to me that you are being treated quite nicely.  And as far as being in the room with the doc, I wouldn't advise that, nor would I wish to be such." He was not too close to the young man as he also walked towards the short hall leading to the bedroom.

Manny was smart enough to know that the canine and the feline in the bedroom were not the best of friends.  And if they were fixing to brawl, he wanted to be nowhere near any of it.  There wasn't enough money in the world to put him between those two.  He wasn't fond of getting his throat ripped out, he couldn't shift forms and repair the damage.  He was just your average, run of the mill, human.  No way he was getting into the fight in the other room.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Tasha could smell the man approaching before he even reached the hall.  She snapped her head in the direction of the door and yelled. "GET OUT!" Her voice held a very distinctive growl and if he was in sight of the pair he could now see the emerald hued feline orbs that she had previously avoided looking at him with.

She returned her attention to De'Ryanna in time to see the woman look towards the doorway.  Tasha knew she was going to pounce.  After all, that would be the only way to get past Tasha to get to the door.  She had to stop her.  The only way to stop her and still try and reach her was to get into her head while her body was busy.  And the only way to do that was to shift forms.

Tasha pounced at De'Ryanna as she moved for the door.  She shifted forms mid pounce.  The petite, red-haired, five foot three, hundred and fifteen pound human became a sleek, muscular, three hundred pound black leopard otherwise known as a panther.  Even being over twice the size of a regular adult female of her species, she could still move at speeds up to thirty-six miles per hour.  So it would not be very easy for the wolf in human form to get past her.

While Tasha let her panther take over control of her body, she tried even harder to reach De'Ryanna in her head.  She still felt like she was on fire, but to protect the panther and let it do it's job she thought to her other self.
~Contain her, but don't kill her.~  And then she separated her human mind from the panthers.

Since her human mind was no longer feeling her body, she was in less pain, but her mind was still registering it.  She fought to visualize herself within De'Ryanna's mind.  At first it was just a black space.  A room perhaps, but no light reached anything to show.  The light was emanating from Tasha's mental image of herself.  After all, her brain still thought she was being burned alive. So when she thought about what she looked like, that is what her mind conjured.

She moved about, not sure where she was, and called out for the woman.
~De'Ryanna, De'Ryanna can you hear me?~ She turned around and found a huge wall in front of her.  She set to work trying to get past the wall.  She wondered about how her panther was doing with containing the woman, but she could not reach out to her to see if things were ok.  With this sudden appearance of a wall, it was as if Tasha was not only walled off from De'Ryanna, but from herself as well.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:32 am

...... Always know when you're not welcomed

This was one such occasion. Wasn't wanted next to his Opportunity.  Wasn't wanted in the room.  Now, he wasn't even wanted in the hallway.  It was enough to give a man a complex - if he were that type of guy.

The yell that came from the doctor didn't deter him from the current path, especially with what he had a chance to see.  A full transformation.  At another time he could have spent the needed time to admire and appreciate what he had just seen, but that would have to wait until later. Daniel did pause for a moment before continuing and seeing the panther pounce on his Opportunity.  He wouldn't pretend to understand what was going on between the two of them but, what he saw was a human being pounced on by an animal.

Animals were heavy, they had claws, and the human was bare.

......He continued to the door quickly

Stopping himself from entering as he gripped the doors frame in his hand.

"You're hurting her!" Daniel yelled. He didn't understand the type of 'help' that these people were giving to his opportunity.  Daniel didn't understand why the people here always seemed to 'do' and act instead of wait and listen.  He wasn't a man of action, he found things went his way much more easily when he placed himself in the path of things and listened. The time he did engage in action things often went array for him.

...... He couldn't sit this one out

Later he would reflect on what a fool he had been.  How stupid and out of his mind he had been and wonder why the bloody blazes he got himself involved in the first place.  It only took a second or two after he had shouted for him to move into foolish and brash action.  

Daniel jumped on the panther that had jumped on his Opportunity.  Trying to avoid the panthers tail - or get whacked by it - as he wrapped arms around the animals waist to pull her off.  "Get off of her!"

If he didn't loose half his face from the panther swiping a paw at him in retaliation, he would be lucky.

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanna Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:14 am

There was the opening!  She was going to take it!  It didn't matter that she saw someone else was coming, her goal was to get out of the room and that's what she was going to do.  

The wolf was in mid-pounce when she was attacked by the panther, an 'oof!" escaping from her mouth along with the wind from her lungs, as she was knocked back down on the bed.  The wolf was in a panic.  All it wanted to do was get out of the room - wolves didn't like being in enclosed places, at least not this one - and the longer she was confined the worse it was getting.

She pushed against the panther, kicking and failing about to get free, she even swiped at the panther's face with her own nails and beating at it's face. It may be the body of a female, but it fought like a wolf for it's desired freedom.  It was noticed that someone went for the panther from behind and the wolf thought this would work to it's advantage in helping her escape! Any chance for her to break free and get out the door was taken, even if it harmed herself.

Inside her mind it wasn't getting any better.  It felt the intrusion of a person it did not know, and that dark wall began to grow.  It was higher and wider than could be seen and no telling how thick.  To touch it, the wall felt smooth as glass without any blemishes.  The air was thick, the smell of smoke rested heavy in it. The wall was a visual representation of a person putting up a barrier so that others couldn't get close. De'Ryanna had a few walls - not physical of course - that she had up in her everyday life, reasons and wants for keeping people away.

Looking closely, very closely, would allow the person to reflected words, only a fraction of a shade lighter than the wall, to randomly appear for a moment on one part of the wall and vanish. Death, animal, danger, moronic, chain, abandon, ostracized, those were the words that appeared randomly all over the wall.  
Ryanna
Ryanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:30 am

Manny wasn't far behind the young man, and he heard Tasha yell right before she changed forms.  He came into view just as the man yelled and moved to jump onto Tasha. "Shit." He uttered, with real feeling, as he headed into the mess that was the scene in his bedroom.

He reached for the young man in an attempt to pull him off of the panther.  Because now, not only was the weight of the panther atop De'Ryanna, but the man's weight as well.
"She's contagious you fool.  Are you trying to turn furry once a month yourself?" He reached around to try and get a hold of the man's arm and get him to release his grip.

A quick, sharp, pain pricked at Manny's arm.  But it wasn't until he could feel the blood running and the air was hitting his arm better that he realized that he had been scratched himself.  There was no time to wonder if it had been the highly contagious panther or the not contagious human form of the wolf that had gotten him.  Either way, he was clawed now, and nothing could be done about it.  He could only continue to try and get the young man away from the fight.  A fight he knew would now escalate with the scent of the fresh blood right in front of them.
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:49 am

The panther hadn't begun to use claws and teeth yet.  She had been told to detain the woman, not hurt her.  But when someone grabbed her from behind, she started trying to kick at him with one back leg, and swipe at him with her tail.

She was still trying to hold the woman beneath her, so she couldn't do much to defend herself.  The wiggly woman was trying to escape, and sheer weight and leverage were the only ways that the panther had to keep her from getting away. She roared furiously as she continued her efforts.  But the claws had yet to come into play, so it had to have been human nails that had raked Manny's arm.

But the more the human struggled and fought the angrier the cat got.  It was a good thing that the woman was a werewolf, because lycanthropes couldn't catch other strains of lycanthropy.  The panther was trying to put as much of her weight as possible on the woman to hold her still.  But the human nails were making things harder.  And the panther was beginning to think that she was going to have to scratch her a few times to get her to listen to reason.

Meanwhile, Tasha's human mind was still trying to reach De'Ryanna's mind. She was growing exponentially frustrated with the sensations of being on fire.  Her physical body wasn't on fire, and at the moment, it wasn't even feeling the sensations of it.  It was completely in her mind. 

She continued to try and find away around, over, or through the wall.  Something caught her attention and she moved her head to see it.  It was the word death.  She furrowed her brow, still wanting to scratch her skin off because she was still feeling like she was on fire.  But before her brain could adjust once again to the knowledge that she wasn't on fire, she saw another word. Animal.  This was starting to tax her brain.  She had to keep telling herself that she wasn't really on fire, no matter how much her brain thought otherwise, and now these words were written on the wall?  The next word was danger.  So far she was seeing a pattern.

The next word was moronic.  How did that fit in?  Then chain, which made even less sense.  Abandon, ostracized ... What did it all mean?  was it a sentence that had been scrambled?  Was it a key, like Venis used code words in a spell to lock a box or something.  She began to try and rearrange the words into a sentence.  It was hard to think of sentences while her brain was still thinking she was on fire.  None of the ways that she rearranged the words made any sense.  She needed some conjunctions at the very least.

She knew that this had been a mistake from the beginning, but she had to try.  And she had come too far to turn back now.  But there had to be a way.  Then she remembered seeing a scar on De'Ryanna's stomach.  She had only caught a brief glimpse of it, had it been enough?  She tried to picture it in her mind.  Could the scar have been made by a chain, like a belly chain? Tasha owned a few herself.  If it had been silver ... But why would De'Ryanna wear silver?  She knew better.  But maybe that was why the word chain was there.

It would have been moronic for her to wear silver, so that might have been why that word had been there.  Death, animal, and danger all seemed to be related.  De'Ryanna's wolf was her animal, and she is dangerous, even deadly.  Though, the word was death, not deadly.  But still.  So if her animal was dangerous, even deadly, and it would have been moronic for her to wear silver ... Oh hell, was she even traveling down the right path with this train of thought?  And it still left abandon and ostracized.  Was De'Ryanna worried that she was going to be abandoned and ostracized for some reason?  Like maybe because her animal was dangerous and deadly?  Oh hell, she was just confusing herself even more.  But she was determined to solve this puzzle, and do so before her brain gave up the fight and thought that it was being burned to death. 
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:54 pm

…… Things were getting heated.

The more players, the more complications. Daniel wasn't one to complain though because he added himself into this equation. He could have stayed in the kitchen with Manny and made small talk while the girls had it out. He could have not took an interest in Opportunity at all, then where would he be?  Having a nice chat with his horse, that's where.

"Get off of me!" Daniel yelled back to Manny. "I have to help her!"  He surprised himself with the lengths he was willing to go to help someone he did not know or even care about. It was almost out of character for him, so he could not explain why he was involved. Something told him that this is what he had to do.

"This isn't how you treat people!" shouted Daniel at the both of them.

…… He just missed the nails.

Manny likely got scratched because Daniel saw the hand coming and moved out the way.  That's what happens when you're the guy behind - you don't see things coming.  Manny had said something about the girls being contagious and Daniel was hoping that since the other guy was scratched, that he wouldn't start changing on him right then and there.  Didn't know what he would do being stuck between two animals.

Daniel let go of the doctor-panther and threw an elbow at Manny (the guy was scratched, perhaps his hold on him wasn't that great right now) and then threw the rest of his weight to the animals side to try and knock her over.

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanna Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:13 pm

The walls that people create are a product of their own thoughts and feelings. The bricks are formed of things about themselves that they hide behind: insecurities, shyness, too tall or short, all bricks that people lay down and then hide behind.  De'Ryanna had reasons that she believed were perfectly logical for others to stay away from her; these were some of the things that made up her wall.  It's almost impossible to bring a persons wall crashing down at one time, it's often easier to go brick by brick.

The only thing that the wolf wanted to do was to get out of that room. Single focused goal that it would do anything to accomplish. If a part of the human mind were in control there would have been a few logical ways it could have thought of to get out from under the panther. Alas, this was not the case, and the wolf didn't understand why it's claws were not having a desired effect! She wasn't a weak animal, so why couldn't she overpower the panther?

The fresh scent of blood in the air caused the wolf's nose to flare and her back to arch as much as it possible could depending on how she was being held. The blood was bad. Her dark brown eyes turned a solid black. The anger and power level wolf was growing, as well as her body it was starting to expand to accompany the growth of muscle.

Inside her mind things had been relatively calm, until the blood registered. Red lines -similar to blood vessels - began sprouting along the wall to turn it the color of rage. The words still continued to appear but they were not as clear as before. There was a new word, a single word that stretched over the whole wall, and that word was 'PAIN'.

How closely was Tasha paying attention? Did she happen to catch the deep tone whispered voice that said "accept her"?

The wolf growled out in pour anger and rage before mouth opened and she went to chomp down on the closet panther leg that she could get. She may not have got it on the first go, or even the second, or third but the wolf was not going to give up.
Ryanna
Ryanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Costas Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:06 am

Manny was as relentless as a dog with a bone.  He was still trying to pull the young man off of the females, even though he knew that put his bloody arm perilously close to their noses. "They are not people right now damnit."  He was fighting to get a good hold on the man and pull him away.

He was caught off guard by the flying elbow that came at his face.  He barely had time to tilt his head, making for a hit to his cheek rather than his nose.  But it was enough to bloody Manny's lip as it had been cut on his teeth.  Human teeth could still cut something as soft as a lip.  

The hit had caused Manny to step back, putting his left foot back a step from his right. His left hand went to his mouth and his fingers came away with fresh blood. And just like that, the gentle little old man who played Santa Clause for the local orphans, lost his temper.

There were enough generations between Manny and his ancestor who had been Venis' nanny, and enough of the family had married Mexicans, that Manny was a very hot blooded Mexican male. And when he shouted, that became quite obvious.
"Hijo de puta, que lo siento muy poco cucaracha. Me debe tener usted en mi rodilla y poco irrespetuoso nalguee su asno."

He turned his body to the left, pulling his arm back over his shoulder.  With his hand cupped, and not quite a fist, he twisted his body with the forward momentum of his hand.  His fist would not close until it was making contact with whatever he hit.  His aim being for the man's jaw.

As his body completed the turn that came with throwing the punch, he saw De'Ryanna's face.  Barely.  But he saw enough to know better than to stick around any longer. 
"You want to stay with them, so be it."  And with that, he turned on his heels and headed out of the bedroom.

Manny made sure to close the door behind him.  Let them stay trapped in there fighting it out, he thought to himself.  Meanwhile, he moved to the sink for a clean dish cloth and some water to clean up his wounds.  He was slightly worried for the young man, but not enough to die for him.

((Son of a bitch, you sorry little cockroach.  I should take you over my knee and spank your disrespectful little ass.))
Manny Costas
Manny Costas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:33 am

The smell of fresh blood hit the panther's nose like a wave smashing into it.  She turned her head and saw the two men fighting.  She paid them as little attention as she could, given that the one was trying to pull her off of her captive.  But that blood was distracting.  She had the human wolf pinned and wasn't letting her up.  Despite the clawing and biting.  All that was doing was irritating her more.  And is it really wise to irritate a three hundred pound panther?

As the men were fighting it out, she was continuing to kick at the one with her back leg.  And her long tail was swinging for his face with a whip like crack.  But the blood kept turning her head.  Then there was more.  The scent got stronger.  The woman bit her front leg and she curled her claws on both paws to press against her flesh.  Not yet setting them to puncture.  She was still trying to simply detain the woman.  Even if the bite did hurt just a little bit.

Then the bloodied man left the room, and the other threw his weight into her.  He weighed all of what, a buck fifty?  She had to be twice his weight easily.  But the force behind his weight did tip her balance just a bit.  So rather than standing over the woman with her two front paws upon her, she laid down so that she was covering the main body mass of the woman.  Then she turned and swatted at the man with her front paw.  She didn't use claws yet though.

Her ears laid back and she curled back her lips to hiss at him.  This also allowed for her to taste his scent upon her Jacobson Organ.  She would remember him now, though that being a good thing or a bad was yet to be seen.  She continued to swat at him as she hissed.  She didn't think the woman would be able to get out from under her.  And even if she could, wolves couldn't work door handles.  And the male who had left had been sure to close the door.

The panther was getting very agitated, and it was starting to show.  She didn't see, so much as smell and feel, the chance in the woman's body.  The woman was about to shift into her wolf form.  And even though the panther was devoid of human thought, this she understood.  If the woman turned wolf, the struggle would escalate to a full on fight.  And the annoying humanoid male was trapped in the room with them, unless he chose to flee the room.

Tasha had no idea that De'Ryanna was about to shift forms.  She had no idea what was going on outside of De'Ryanna's mind at all.  Not even to her own body.  She had another moment where she had to convince her own mind that not only was she not exactly in her body, but that her body was not on fire.  As she did so, she noticed the wall starting to turn red, like it was suddenly covered in blood vessels.
~Pain?~ She scratched her forehead for a moment.

More swatting at invisible flames, and trying get her brain to comprehend that there was no fire, had commenced.  That was when she heard the whispered words.  
~Accept her?  Of course I accept her.  She has a family, though not all blood related, that would love her if she just gave them half a chance and let them past her ... Walls ...~ Now there was an extremely interesting epiphany. Oh Gods, the pain from those flames that didn't exist.  But the wall ... It was De'Ryanna's way of keeping others out.  It was her protection from getting hurt. Tasha had her own wall.

Tasha reached out and touched the wall with her palms flat. 
~De'Ryanna.  Listen to me.  I understand the wall, really, I do.  But you are so loved.  No one is going to ostracize you or abandon you.  You're loved and accepted.  Believe me.  Just give us a chance and let us show you.  We're your family.  We can help you heal your pain.  You're not a deadly animal, you're family.  And we accept you.~  She had to get through, and this seemed like it was the only way.

Tasha hoped she was getting through to her.  She fought against the pain that was all in her imagination and tried to give off a feeling of love.  True, there was no love loss between Tasha and De'Ryanna, but they had been better around each other than she and Kyra had been, hadn't they?  She slid her hands along the wall as she stepped closer and pressed her body to the bricks.  She was attempting to hug the wall, and in effect, hug the woman hiding behind it.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:13 pm

...... Heroes often get punched in the face

Must be why he rarely took on the role. Who liked having their nose broken or having chipped teeth or other things that came along with a fist to the face? Daniel did not. The shoving of the feet and swats of the tail he could handle, but Manny's hit to the face made an impact.

Daniel stumbled back off the panther and, tripping over his own feet, fell to the floor and his back was slumped against the wall. He didn't know any of what Manny had said, but right now his ears were ringing so much he likely wouldn't understand the common tongue. Daniel could taste blood inside his mouth - likely bit his tongue - and felt his jaw swelling up where he was hit. Rather than swallow the blood he spit it out on the floor and wiped the reside on his mouth with the back of his hand. Using the wall as a brace Daniel rose shakily back to his feet.

...... The panther was laying on his Opportunity

That animal likely weighted more than Daniel three times over, it would be pointless to continue trying to pull at her. He had to think. Manny had closed the door so, the first thing he did was open it back up - a man needed an escape route.

He realized that the panther was still the doctor and therefore he let the vision of jumping on the animals back wrapping an arm around its neck vanish. Besides, Opportunity was in bite-mode and she may sink teeth into his arm. On top of that, she was raging. Now, Daniel may not know a lot of things but he knew an angry animal and Opportunity was a tick away from murderous rage. Did he really want to be in there?

...... Again he spit blood out from his mouth

Manny must have broken one if his molars with the hit to the jaw. There was no point in trying to talk to the panther, but he shouted at her anyway. "You have to let her go!" From his standpoint none of this would have happened if Opportunity did not feel threatened, and holding her captive wasn't negating that point.

What would happen if she was freed? Anyone's guess. The man was going to get himself killed. If not now then probably soon. Daniel dived for the bed and Opportunity's hand, at the wrist, and pulled. His reasoning? Perhaps it would distract the panther.

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanna Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:53 am

If progress was being made all depended on the point of view.

The wolf thought that it had made progress, and then the panther placed all its weight down upon her. Was it the best idea? Hopefully the panther was not laying its head down on the wolf, for she was in a biting mood. Full of rage as she was, the wolf continued to throw her head from side to side  and would bite whatever she could get her teeth on. Even if that meant the panthers neck.  Anything it took for her to get free.  There wasn't a fear of her changing - even if they didn't know that - for there was a fail safe in place that would have to be broken first before De'Ryanna could fully shift in her current state of mind. If she did, it would cause a great deal more pain to herself than she was already feeling.

Things were changing inside of De'Ryanna's head, Tasha was starting to get through. It was not the words spoken that did it, but the fact that she was willing to touch her, despite the words of precaution that displayed on the wall.  Once Tasha 'hugged' the wall it started to tremble and actual cracks marred the otherwise smooth surface, but it was only cracks.  Through them hints of bright light squeezed through and sound.  It was a loud cry of words that may be indescernable to normal hearing and faint otherwise. If Tasha could hear it, there were three words being shouted: "Let me out!"

It was De'Ryanna's voice that said the words. She was somewhere behind that wall.

Back out in the real world the effects of Tasha putting cracks in the wall - and Daniel taking her hand - were having another positive effect. He didn't know her, but the effort and risk that he was taking to try and help her to get out of the room came across as care. When she is slipping away, it was always human contact that helped her to hold fast. However, this was not without its own consequences.  At the initial touch he was exposed to all the pain and rage she had coursing through her body.  The panther was free of this because she was an animal and not in a human form.

The touch also allowed for part of the wolf's human side to break through. "Let me out!" The same words that were being said inside made their way out in a loud roar.

Ryanna
Ryanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:21 am

((Manny is electing to sit out this round as there's really nothing for him to post.))

The panther shifted her weight once the man was no longer pulling on her.  She wanted to make sure that she wasn't squashing the human under her.  She had started treating the situation as she would if someone was trying to take away one of her young or something similar.  Which meant that if the human male returned to bothering them, he was going to be quite sorry.

Unfortunately for him, he did just that.  First he yelled at her, though why was a mystery.  Then he dove at them, taking the wrist of the woman.  Did he honestly think he could pull the woman out from under the big cat?  She shifted her weight again and hissed at him with her ears back. To the human she was trying to detain, she curled her claws into her shoulder once again as a warning against continuing to bite.  Though that was probably to no avail.

When the man tried pulling the woman, he was greeted with a huge paw coming at his face.  It would be a warning shot, hit or miss, that he needed to go away.  If he chose to stay and continue trying to get the woman from her, a paw wouldn't be the only thing headed for his face.  She would go from slapping with a paw, to slapping with claws. It wasn't like she knew that she was contagious.  So she wouldn't know to not claw or bite him.

The female was still biting at her, but she wasn't so bothered by it that she had to puncture the skin while giving her warnings to stop.  But even if she did puncture the skin, the woman was already a lycanthrope.  She couldn't catch lycanthropy from the panther.

Inside De'Ryanna's head Tasha felt the rumbling of the wall.  She looked up and a tear fell from her eye as she noticed the cracks.  Then she heard a sound.  ~What? Speak louder, I can't hear you.~  She couldn't make out what it said.  But with the cracks in the wall, it seemed that something was working.

She wiped the tear off her cheek and reached for the cracks.  ~This has to work.~ She wanted to reach the cracks to see if she could pick away at them. ~De'Ryanna, if you can hear me, I'm coming for you.  I won't leave you here like this. I'm coming.~ She thought that maybe she could make a hole big enough to get through if she could get to the cracks and start pulling out pieces. She was even willing to use the cracks to climb the wall to get to chip-able pieces if she had to.  So much of her body was in contact with the wall, and she was trying to give off a sense of joy and love and happiness.  Something had to work.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next