Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.
____________________________________

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia


Something to Remember. {open}

Go down

Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Ryanna on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:45 am


It was a few nights ago that she was awoken by a commanding voice in her head that had told her to “Go”. The voice had been so strong and compelling that she had expected to see someone next to her, but, in the darkness of the cave, she was alone. She called out to see if there would be a response, and only got silence. Now awake, she took notice of her surroundings only to discovered that she was in a cave and had no memory of how she got there. Sadly that wasn't the only thing she couldn't remember. Her name was another, nor did she know why her clothing resembled dirty torn rags.

She felt lost, and every time she tried to recall something about herself she couldn't. The only thing she could remember was a shadowy figure of what appeared to be a wolf with blood red eyes.

Feeling disoriented and lost, she looked around for something that may trigger a memory. The only thing in the cave with her was a long, thick and heavy dark brown cloak; unlike her clothing, it was spotless. Like new. When she touched it that word rang out in her head once more 'Go', and she let go of the cloak and pressed her hands against her ears.

"Leave me alone!" She yelled. The voice came again, only louder this time and with a pull that caused her to get up from where she was.

She didn't know where she was suppose to go, only reasoned that the voice would leave her alone if she got up and went. So, she grabbed the cloak and draped it around her and over her head. When it settled against her she heard the clinking sound of coins. There was a small hidden pocket sewn into the cloak that held three silver coins, a wolf was etched into each side. Putting them back into the pocket she left the cave.

The voice in her head continued to direct her until she came to the base of a hill, at which atop lied the Everlasting Inn. None of her memory had returned so she didn't know why she was lead to this place or why, but she was hungry and travel worn and the voice in her head had stopped.

"Here? I'm suppose to be here?" She asked, seeking some type of confirmation from the voice; when there was no response she went forward anyway.

She kept her cloak tight about to hide her clothing and hood down to try and mask her face - no doubt it was probably just as gritty as the clothing she wore. Nothing could be done about her shoes though, a hard sole dance slipper, but everyone's shoes got dirty when they were worn a lot.

Next, she eased the main door open and looked around, not seeing a buzz of activity about she straightened up and headed to what appeared to be the check-in desk. While she may not know who she was, nothing lacked in muscle memory and her dancers gait - walk - across the floor was as smooth as ever.

Once she reached the desk she looked for someone to speak too.


avatar
Ryanna

Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by The Inn Keeper on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 am

He had been in his room when a little light started to flicker on and off. He was glad that his grandson put this in for him, but not in the beginning, he argued with his grandson about the little thing. But now he loved it so he got and walked out of his room and down the hall a few feet before turning right and being behind the counter. He saw the person with the tightly wrapped cloak standing there and bowed. "Hello, and welcome to the StarryMyst. Are you looking for someone or would you like stay in a room for a few nights" with that he just waited for a response from thee cloaked person.
avatar
The Inn Keeper

Posts : 55
Join date : 2009-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Ryanna on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:13 pm


It was only a short moment later that he saw someone coming to the desk. Perhaps he was the clerk or caretaker, he seemed to know what he was doing well enough anyway.

Though in her cloak she gave a short and fluid curtesy, keeping her head Bowes down and the shadows of the good covering mostly all of her face. She had not really thought about why she was here, certainly she was not about to tell the man that this is where the voice in her head told her to stop. That would seem crazy or cause other questions, possibly ones she would not be able to answer. Then she remembered the coins that were in her pocket, the three silver coins. She had no idea of the mans prices, but those coins had to be for some purpose.

Reaching into that hidden pocket she produced the coins and placed them on the desk. "Room? Food?" Asking those two simple questions. The room was the most important for she would like to get all the grit and grime off her body and, if there was enough for a bite to eat, she would take that too. If not, well, she would have to find another way to get something to eat.

That voice continued to be quiet, and while the aged man behind the desk considered her queries she looked around. Nothing here seemed familiar to her so the feeling she had of being lost only grew. Her stomach was balling itself into a knot, though she didn't know if it was from anxiety or hunger. Could be both.

While she couldn't remember a lot, she didn't like the feeling of not knowing and not having some form of control. Her bottom lip was pulled in and chewed upon as she stood there.
avatar
Ryanna

Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by The Inn Keeper on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:09 pm

He looked down at the three silvers pieces and smiled as he slowly moved his right hand to take the coins. "That is fine my dear. These three coins will be able to give four nights with food here at the Inn." He leaned down and grabbed the book that held everyone in it and as he looked he smiled. I have a room number 303 available. Its our smallest room and it does have its down shower or you could walk into the back and get into the one of the hottubs or the hot springs. There is a gym on the basement level as well as a few sparring areas. There is a garden in the back as well as a forest." He leaned back down and picked up the key and put it into the book as well as a pen as he turned it over to face her. "Please sign here." With that he just waited for her response with a smile.
avatar
The Inn Keeper

Posts : 55
Join date : 2009-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Ryanna on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:18 pm


Room 303. Four days. She mouthed the words to herself after he had said them, getting the room number in her head. Or, perhaps she was letting that 'voice' know where she was going and was waiting to see if it would have anything to say about it. Head turned to the side, with her chin tipped up as if to listen; though there was nothing so she nodded her head and watched him take the coins from the desk. If this 'voice' told her to move on before then, she would let the, keep the coin for their hospitality.

It didn't matter to her that the room was small, it had a bed - and she assumed it was warm - so it would do. The thought of getting clean appealed to her greatly, though she wasn't quiet sure why. She had been gritty fir the past few days, sure, anyone would want to be clean, but the news of being able to use a hot spring was joyous.

When he produced the book her hands twitched from within the folds of her cloak and she wet her lips briefly. He asked her to sign her name but, she didn't know what it was. I still don't know my name, she thought to herself. What am I suppose to put?

While she was trying to come up with something, a word came to her 'Ellisande'. Is that my name? She wondered. Then she heard it again in her head. It had to be, but the name didn't feel right. It felt like it was someone else's name, at the moment it was the only thing she knew to give.

Perhaps she missed the pen or pencil that was there for her to sign with, for the index finger in her right hand was quickly brought up to her mouth and pricked with her teeth. A very small prick which she then used that finger to press against the page of the book. The name was signed quickly and, even though it was blood, the lines were thin and neat p, perhaps because she had done it quickly. Ellisande, that is what she signed.

After taking the key that was in the middle of the book - why didn't she use the pen, guess we'll never know - and then returning her hand to inside her cloak she gave a nod to the innkeeper to say she was done. Without saying anything more she headed towards the steps to find her room.
avatar
Ryanna

Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Francois Davignon on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:39 am

As the the cloaked being ascended the stairs, the front aperture to the Inn was parted. The tall, slender, pale male that entered was accompanied by a crimson fringed beauty upon his arm. The pair had been sparsely seen around the Inn given the hours that they kept. They had planned to be away to further their journey before this point in time. But something had compelled them to stay longer.

Smooth, silent steps were taken to enter into the Inn fully, the door slowly closing behind them. Breathing, though not necessary, was something the pair was accustomed to. It was more for the sake of appearances than anything. And upon the next breath inhaled by the male was the scent of fresh blood. Not just any blood either. There was something special to this particular sanguine fluid.

The scent brought pause to the forward momentum of the pair. Eyes slowly blinked closed as a deeper breath was taken to savor the scent upon the palate.
"Loup-garou femelle." Slowly, the masked features of the pale man turn to face the front desk. A slight tilt to the head as another breath is taken for the purpose of clarity.

A change in direction guided the pair towards the desk and the source of that sweet coppery smell. The distance quickly, yet smoothly, closed the pair stand before the desk as eyes wonder in search of the source.
"Excusez-moi monsieur. Perhaps you could tell me of the one who was just here. Is it her blood we smell?" Not wanting to give him any reason for alarm, he did not speak of what he smelled in her blood.




{{Female werewolf - Excuse me sir}}
avatar
Francois Davignon

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Solange Davignon on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:03 am

Once Francois and Solange entered the Inn, the scent of the blood was more than evident. And it was mostly Solange's fault that the pair still resided within the Inn. Something told her that there was reason for them to remain. And her intuition was never wrong.

Without question Solange followed her husband as he moved toward the desk. His comment about the blood being that of a female werewolf had been met with a mere nod in the affirmative. Solange was the silent type, tending to avoid idol chatter and the like. It wasn't that she was without speech, she simply chose to not waste words. And there was also that fact that her beloved Francois preferred her to be silent unless necessary. So she stood beside him in silence as he inquired after the woman to the Inn Keeper.
avatar
Solange Davignon

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by The Inn Keeper on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:16 am

He sees the lady walk upstairs as after he looks at the book and sees that she wrote her name with blood. "It is not first time." Pretty much saying that to himself as he flipped the page to make sure did the not seep through. He put the page back to the first page and then he heard the door again and he raised an eye brow looking at the two, as his eyes followed the two to the desk. He kept his mouth closed for the moment as he heard the request of the man. He bowed at the man before opening his mouth and responding. "To be honest I dot not know much about her. She has come in and asked for the a room and yes that is her blood that you would be smelling since she wrote her name in it. May I ask why you are asking?"
avatar
The Inn Keeper

Posts : 55
Join date : 2009-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Francois Davignon on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:47 am

Francois gave the man a slight bow before answering his question. "s'il vous plaît, forgive our rudeness. It is simply that there is something ... Special ... About the lady. We meant no offense with our inquiry." He patted his wife's hand that rested upon his own.

A slow blink was made as his head turned even slower so as to watch the woman in her ascent. Perhaps he was watching to see where she was going, or perhaps he was simply basking in the scent of her that trailed behind. Either way, he was speechless as he gazed upon her fading form.
avatar
Francois Davignon

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Solange Davignon on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:01 am

Solange smiled timidly when her husband patted her hand. A twinkle to her sparkling eyes could be seen through the mask she wore. She watched him as he turned his head towards the Loup-Garou Femelle. She turned her attention back to the Inn Keeper. "Perhaps, s'il vous plaît, you may tell us how long she shall be a guest here?" Solange wished to know the time frame with which she had to work.

She turned to gaze upon her husband for yet another moment. Then she looked back at the Inn Keeper as it was polite to look at those to whom you were speaking. Her free hand was sliding into her purse that hung from the waist of her long gown of silver. She closed long boney fingers around two coins, knowing both to be gold by touch. After all, the different coins of currency had different designs upon them. One coin would be for the sharing of information, a tip as it were. The other coin, it would be requested, would be counted towards the tab of the lady. One must never rush things, and everything good was worth waiting for. So they did not wish for the lady to be leaving them too soon, nor would they wish her to go hungry during her stay.
avatar
Solange Davignon

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by The Inn Keeper on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:55 am

He slowly nodded to the man as he heard him speak and when he turned to listen to the woman he smiled and shook his head for a moment, "I am sorry ma'am but I can only tell you that she is staying here I cannot tell you for how long she is staying." It was not that he wanted to tell her, It was just good business. "Is there anything else that I could assist the two of you with? He said with a smile
avatar
The Inn Keeper

Posts : 55
Join date : 2009-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Solange Davignon on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 am

Solange nodded her head slowly in acknowledgment of what the Inn Keeper had stated. "Of course, we understand." She withdrew her hand from her purse. She placed the closed fist against the counter top and slowly uncurled her fingers. The two gold coins dropped slowly to the counter top. She spoke as she slid her hand away to return to her side. "s'il vous plaît, put one of these to the ladies bill, the other is for you. A simple thank you for the information that you could share." She smiled and gave a slight bow.

Then she turned her attention to her beloved husband. She was waiting for him to either speak or walk away. They had finished their business for the day. It was time to be away to handle other things. After all, there was limited time before sunrise. Solange had an insatiable appetite.
avatar
Solange Davignon

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Francois Davignon on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:37 am

Francois might not have been looking towards his beloved wife and the Inn Keeper, but he was still hearing the conversation. He saw the woman disappear from sight. It looked as though she had gone to a room on the third floor. Though, of that, he could not be certain. Only then did he turn his head and return his attention to the pair who had been speaking.

He waited for his beautiful wife to finish speaking before he spoke.
"Oui, merci beaucoup. You have been more than helpful." His free hand moved to pat the hand of his wife that had continued to rest upon his crooked arm. "Come my darling, we have things to tend to." He looked to the Inn Keeper once more. "Blessed be. We hope you enjoy the rest of your night." Only then did Francois turn and lead his gorgeous wife away so they could go to their room.
avatar
Francois Davignon

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by The Inn Keeper on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:49 pm

He nods as his hand goes to pick up the coin and placing it behidn teh counter as his other hand adjusts the amount that the woman will be staying. He bows at the two acknowledging them as they started to walk away. "Have a wonderful night."
avatar
The Inn Keeper

Posts : 55
Join date : 2009-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Solange Davignon on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:55 am

Solange smiled at the gentleman with a slow blink. "Merci beaucoup, you as well." She was happy to see that he was willing to add to the woman's tab and accept the tip as well. And she left on her husbands arm, she presumed, to return to their rooms for the day to come.
avatar
Solange Davignon

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something to Remember. {open}

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum