StarryMyst: The EverLasting INN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
|RD| Checking In {open} EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
|RD| Checking In {open} EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
|RD| Checking In {open} EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
|RD| Checking In {open} EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
|RD| Checking In {open} EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
|RD| Checking In {open} EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
|RD| Checking In {open} EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
|RD| Checking In {open} EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
|RD| Checking In {open} EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

|RD| Checking In {open}

4 posters

Go down

|RD| Checking In {open} Empty |RD| Checking In {open}

Post by RusDring Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:31 pm

.... The sun was setting and the sky was painted in reds and golds, all of which the rider took into small consideration. The weather was chilled and the horses breath was seen as he huffed out of restlessness; he had been walking for a while - as well as carrying the passenger - and his energy was starting to wain. Luckily the destination was in sight.

.... It was 'a' destination, but it was as good as any. A hand reached forward from a coat made from old cloth and the horses neck was patted. "This'll do boy," said the quiet voice from within the shelter of his hood. The horse tossed back his head in a nod as though he understood, clouds of his breath trailing out behind as the walk resumed.

.... Up ahead on the path was this building, looked like an old style Japanese castle to him, but city-tale had it for an inn. He was about to see if they were correct as it was not too much longer before he reached the opening. He looked for place to keep his mount as he was not wanting to bring the large black horse into the building. There had to be a stable here, but perhaps he would see to that after he saw to the place itself.

.... In a fluid motion he got down from the horses back and the cloth that made up his robe settled around him once more. His hands reached up to the hood that covered his head and pulled it even lower. To the horses head he went and hands patted along the nose and whispered words were given into the animals ears. Once again the horse seemed to understand whatever it had been told and he moved off to find a place to graze and wait.

.... As for the traveler, he headed up the steps and to the door, testing to see if it were open. If it was, then he would enter. If he found it locked, then he would knock upon the door.

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

|RD| Checking In {open} Empty Re: |RD| Checking In {open}

Post by Inion Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:39 am

Inion was heading upstairs from the gym after blowing off some steam. It had been a crazy few months and she needed to build back up her strength again. Just as she stepped into the main hall she heard the doors, as it was just the beganning of the evening the doors were unlocked. She stopped and stood there waiting to see who would be walking through the door. Would they think she looked indecent standing there in spandex gym pants and a work out tank socks and shoes all in black. Her weapons bag slung over her shoulder and her hair braided down her back.

The Inn keeper or his grandson would know when someone came to check in but she stayed to greet them and help where she can.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:28 am

.... The knob turned easily within the confines of his hand saving him the trouble of having to knock and even wait outside in the changing weather. As he eased it open and forward motion of his arm followed along with the start of that side of him, he turned his head to look at his horse. The animal was fine as he had found a spot with grass that was still good. As he had turned the door with the left had his right now came up and the quick flash of three rings upon his hand came into view as he waved to his mount. He should be fine there now.

.... Fingers plucked themselves off the knob and the traveler stepped in to the threshold of te door, the back wind blew his cloak against him before they settled. Through the shadowed darkness of his hood he saw the female standing there and quickly assessed her attire. Like his own it was black, but unlike hers there wasn't much to be seen of his under the cloak that he wore. His built wasn't large and domineering but of an average size. She looked to be waiting for something or someone.

"I did not come to fight you...."

.... Guesses could be made at what was in the bag but the stance and attire had their own words.

.... He moved in more from the door, even letting it shut behind him if that was the will of it to do so. Hidden eyes stayed on her for the moment even as he began to walk. There has to be a desk somewhere and looking around he saw it.

.... This is where he headed.
RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:44 am

A tilt of her head at his comment about fighting, and then like a light came on she smiled at him. "Oh no I just in the gym praticing. I didn't want to seem rude by seeming to ignore you as you entered and I was leaving." Yes she just had one of those moments of ... well.. lets just call it unclarity she didn't have many of them just every once in a while. Her weapon bag held pratice weapons mostly made out of wood and sosft foam to prevent too much damage but in a pinch they could do some harm. Steps carried her near the desk to take her out the back door the gentle smile remained "pardon my attire, welcome to the Starry Myst. Is there something I can help you with while you wait for the Innkeeper?"
Even though she couldn't see his eyes, she could feel them watching her, so she kept her movements easy and relaxed. When he first entered she had taken a battle stance only because there was a nagging feeling that unwelcome company was coming to visit her. This young man, she assumed he was a young man by the sound of his voice, was not the unwanted visitor and so the change in behaviour in her.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:57 am

.... 'Young man' was a term that varied all depending on the one doing the referring, if the term was taking literally. In his experiences, with all that he has gone through, he learned that literally or figuratively all things said were something to take into consideration. Looking at her, he would say she was 'young' as well. In this land things were not often what they appeared to be; so he took nothing at face value until properly assessed.

.... "Starry Myst," his words trailed and grew distant as he approached the desk, having taken his eyes off of his current companion in the room. The name must have been more metaphorical than physical as he hadn't seen any mist around the area. Or perhaps that happened during a certain time. Either way, it wasn't what really mattered. "So it is an Inn, one can never be too sure of the talk they hear in the town."

.... Once he was at the desk both hands came forward and pressed the clutch at the end of it. Wrapped as his hands were in the black cloth gloves the three silver rings on the three fingers of his right hand stood out. If she could see them from her position to him it should be noted that each ring varied in design and, if she could feel magical properties, then such would emanate from them as well. A mixture of Light and Dark.

.... "Thank you, for your welcome," he didn't forget to have manners as she didn't have to welcome him or stay around. "I do require room for myself and my mount." Which was outside, even if he didn't say that. "I don't suppose you could help with that?"
RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Inn Keepers GrandSon Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:09 am

He just came walking in through the back door with what looks to be hose and a algae net, his pants were rolls up to his knees and the sound of the something smacking against skin could be heard from him walking in with flip flops. "I swear working here....."

Is all he could say as he looked up and saw the lady and gentleman. "Oh my apologize, give me one moment and I will right at your service." With that he turned the corner of the hall way and walked into the back area. After a few minutes he came back to the counter and smiled at the two, "Sir." He bowed to the gentleman. He then bowed to Inion. "Good day Lady Inion." Once again he turn to face the gentleman. "And may I be of service today, sir?"

((I apologize for not responding to this sooner. Work has been hectic with it being the holiday season and all.))
Inn Keepers GrandSon
Inn Keepers GrandSon

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:11 am

She moved closer to the desk in order to help him out. "oh I am sorry I ahaven't introduced myself," she didn't hold out her hand instead she gave a small bow. She had learned over the many years that some people didn't like to be touched. "I am Inion." When she was a few steps from the desk Tokada stepped into the room. A nodded to him then her attention back to the gentleman waiting. "Well it seems the calvary has arrived. He would of course be much better help then I would in checking you in. I am not as familiar with the prices for the rooms. "
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:47 pm

{not a problem}

....He knew the properties of the rings that he wore; that the magic that came from them was sometimes notice and other times it wasn't - all depended on the people he was around and if they could pick up on them. Due to this he had a habit of examining others with a casual eye for any signs so he would have some idea of those who's company he kept. This female showed nothing, but that could be deceiving.

.... Considering saying more to her when the man entered. Hearing him first with the sound from his shoes this traveler was grateful that his face was practically fully hidden within the shadow of his hood for he smirked at what he saw. The man looked like he could use a bit of help, but he was excusing himself so the Traveler only waited.

.... "Thank you, Inion," came the man's smooth voice. It sounded like she was leaving now that a more appropriate person had entered the scene. "Perhaps I shall see you again." That seemed to be only logical, if there was a room to let he would be a patron here just as she herself seemed to be.

.... When the man returned to the desk the Traveler pulled his hands back and off of the desk. "Are there any rooms you have to let? " It was a varying phrase for 'rent' that wasn't widely used as it use to be. "And a place where I may house my mount?"
RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Inion had sensed something from the man before he entered through the door, that was way she had stopped to see who enetered. She was a master at hiding her feelings in front of people she didn't know. Also living here she had gotten use to the unsual enough that most things didn't surprise her. Her relic whispered to her telling her that there was a mix of magic within him, she of course kept wondering if he could tell that beyond being a creature of light that there was more to her then that. Could he sense the relic of Light she had?

Her smile never left her face, "you are welcome, I look forward to seeing you again. Once you are settled if you are hungry dinner can be found in the bar area." Instead of heading to the desk now she turned slightly and headed for the back door. "now if you will excuse me I am off to get ready to help with dinner. Again welcome to the Inn" She waved as she lipped out the back.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Inn Keepers GrandSon Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:19 pm

He smiled again at Lady Inion and smiled and nodded to the man. "The ones with the most rooms that we have available are that of the fourth floor, It has a living room, a bedroom and a small dining room plus kitchenette. It would be one gold per week for the room and one copper a day for the stable." He leans down and grabs the ledger out from under the table and places it on top. "May I interest you in a room?"
Inn Keepers GrandSon
Inn Keepers GrandSon

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:56 pm

.... What he was being told by the man sounded large by the standards of this simple traveler. He had been expecting a simple room - perhaps only a bed and a dresser - and instead had been offered a living space that may have been too big.

.... The fingers of his right hand, the one with the adorned rings, started to drum upon the table while his other hand reached into the folds of the covering he wore. "Is there anything with less . . . room?" He made the deliberate break in his question and his last word hung in the air even after it was said. The tapping sound of a couple of coins being shifted around his palm soon accompanied the tapping of his fingers as his hand came from his cloak. "I don't require much space."

.... Well aware that this could be the 'smallest' room that they had, or that the smaller ones were already taken up by the other patrons that were in the establishment. But it never hurt to ask. The Traveler turned his hand flat against the desk and when he lifted it there were two gold coins in it's place.

.... "If not.. that will cover the week."

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Inn Keepers GrandSon Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:46 am

He thought for a moment looking up at the ceiling. "Well we do have a few rooms left on the third floor room 319 and 320. They are 5 silver a week. But I do have to warn you, There are a few Weres on that floor and they do have a tendency to get a little loud." He did have to warn the man about them. Granted they did not get into any trouble but he could hear them at night roaming around.
Inn Keepers GrandSon
Inn Keepers GrandSon

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 pm

....Hidden eyes from beneath the shadow of the Traveler's hood watched the man behind the desk as he tipped his head to look at the ceiling. A bit of curiousity and he gave a slight upturn of his head in the same direction, wondering if the one checking him in expected to see something come through the ceiling - even if it were only sound.

.... "I'll take the room 320," the Traveler said as he pulled his hand back and it was hidden once again within the folds of his clothing.

After that he was silent. The man had said that the rooms on that floor were occupied by a few Weres and that was the current point of contemplation. Oh for the possibilities. His view on who would soon be his neighbors was kept silent. This could be a point of opportunity, and what was life if not a well of it? All a person need do was take it.

.... Putting that matter aside, those rooms may be smaller and a better fit to his needs, but there had to be something array with the room - aside from the creatures - as the reason why the room wasn't stated at first. Now that he had put money down that was suitable enough to cover his expenses for at least a week he only waited for the key.

RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Inn Keepers GrandSon Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 am

He just smiled and went to the correct page for the listing. He was about the right a name before he looked back up at the man. "Im sorry but I never got your name sir. I am going to need it for the book....that is unless you would like to be nameless." He now waited for the response to see what he needed to put down.
Inn Keepers GrandSon
Inn Keepers GrandSon

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:10 pm

. . . . What was this? If he wasn't mistaken - and he doubted that he was - the man at the desk said that he could withhold his name, be listed in the bookings as 'Nameless' or some animosity. While he had been ready to sign his name or give it, whichever was preferred, now that he was given this option it would be the one he would take.

"Nameless," spoken with a grin forming from under his hood, "since that is acceptable it is the option I will take." He was beginning to be amused with how many things he could accomplish without disclosing his name. Suppose that names were not as important as they use to be.

Just as he was to go silent again he turned his head to look at the door. "Once I get my key... I will see to my mount." A suggestion and a reminder that he had his horse outside waiting for him.
RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrina "Cat" Masterson Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 am

Catrina came walking in from outside, her purple Pindragon, Penelope, upon her left shoulder. She was carrying her powder blue flip flip sandals in her right hand. Her loose fitting blue jeans were wet from the knees down. And her powder blue T-shirt bore wet spots upon the front of it. The ends of her long back hair were wet as well. Making the end of her pony tail look rather straw like. The look upon her face was one of sheer frustration. Thankfully, she had stopped dripping.

Penelope looked perfectly content sitting upon Cat's shoulder. She was well balanced upon the little shoulder pad that was always strapped to Catrina's shoulder when she was carrying Pen. And with her back feet firmly in place, it freed her up for eating a small fish. She was tearing at the fish with both her mouth and her talons. It was quite savory in her opinion. And she was glad she had convinced Cat to help her catch it. And it wasn't from Inn property, so she was safe.

Cat was walking slowly and smoothly. Mostly because she was a bit klutzy at times. But also because Pen was eating. She looked up upon hearing voices and smiled seeing Tokeda at the desk helping a cloaked figure. The voice told her it was male. "Forgive me, I was about to let you know that there was a horse loose outside Tokeda, but I presume it belongs to our guest?" She smiled. She heard Tokeda mention two room numbers and the male had said he would take one of them.

She paused in her movements then. She didn't want to be rude and interrupt again. But she was going to offer to show the guest to his room and also offer the services of one of the employees in housing his mount, provided it was his of course. A presumption made fact when he said as much to Tokeda. So she stood there, out away from the desk by a few feet, almost behind the guest, and waited before speaking again. She was just glad to be inside and getting dry.
Catrina
Catrina "Cat" Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Inn Keepers GrandSon Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:46 am

In the moment that he was waiting for the man to choose to give a name or not, Tokeda looked up to see Cat. He smiled at her and nodded in response to her. Then he looked back at the man who had began to speak again. "Alright, nameless it is." He wrote down 'Anonymous' in the book. Then he turned and got the key for room 320. "Here you go. And we can get someone to deal with your horse if you would like." He slid the two gold from the top of the counter and put it in the box. Then he marked in the book how much the guy had paid so far.
Inn Keepers GrandSon
Inn Keepers GrandSon

Back to top Go down

Post by RusDring Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:13 pm

.... Had it started to rain in the time that he stepped into this establishment? Upon hearing another enter in it was only sensible that he would turn his head to see who it was - whether he would know them or not did not matter, he could still enquire. 

.... Though he could see much of her the covering and shadow of the hood kept much of the Traveler masked. The girl and her dragon were an interesting sight due to the fact of the dragon style creature apparently being tame. His knowledge of dragons - especially this particular type - was about as much as the average commoners. But why were they wet? 

.... Taking a closer look at the pair he concluded that it wasn't rain for the wet places on their shirts negated the logic. 

.... His head turned back around and the same gloved hand that placed the coins now took the room key. "The horse is mine," he said from beneath his hood, "And I shall tend to her." The key was placed within his cloak. 

.... Slightest of nods given to the man behind the desk before the Traveler stepped off to the side and turned to face the door he had entered. The room had been taken care of, there was no need to rush to it - he did have his horse to attend. He got out of the way of the woman and her dragon in case they had business at the desk; and it was to the door he went. 
RusDring
RusDring

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrina "Cat" Masterson Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:50 am

As the man passed Catrina and Penelope on his way to the door, Cat spoke up. "If you would like, I could show you to your room when you come back in." She was only trying to be polite. She hoped that she hadn't offended the man. After all, it was a simple task to take an elevator or stairwell to the third floor and go down the hall until you reached your room. And she presumed that this man was smart enough to accomplish such a task on his own. But it was still good manners to offer the escort.

She would wait for the man to reply, if he chose to do so, and then she would wait until he was outside before she would look to Tokeda with a shrug. Not sure what to say about the man wishing to tend to his own horse. Some simply preferred to do so themselves. There was nothing wrong with it. "You might want to find out, upon his return, if he wishes his horse to be fed and cared for on the schedule of the other horses or if he wishes to be the only one to tend to her." She sometimes liked to tend to her own equines.

She moved to the desk as she had spoken the suggestion. So now as she stood at the desk she smiled. "Has anyone called for me or sent anything for me? I haven't heard from the ranch in a while. And when I called the foreman, he didn't answer. I'm starting to worry a little." She had left notice that she was here, and it was unusual for no one to have contacted her from home in such a long amount of time. So she thought perhaps they had called the Inn or sent a letter. She had tied several times to reach someone.
Catrina
Catrina "Cat" Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Inn Keepers GrandSon Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:14 am

He just nodded to the man and smiled as he saw Cat come up to the desk. After he heard her request he smiled again and nodded as he leaned down to grab a letter. "Yes there was a message for you, The guy said that everything is going ok there but two of the bulls got really sick so they had to be put down." He presented the letter to her.
Inn Keepers GrandSon
Inn Keepers GrandSon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down